ADVERTISEMENT

Most beautiful HS football stadium in N.C.

This is exactly what I’m talking about. It isn’t just that Asheville is a big stadium, there are lots of those, it’s how well the stadium is integrated into the campus so that the beautiful school building is a part of what the spectators see. That was what I was getting at with the video above. Many of those schools had big stadiums or nice views, but only the two I mentioned had the school itself worked in with the stadium like Asheville does.
Though I do think that the view of the river (or bay or whatever it is) at the school in Tacoma puts it into a class of its own.
What about the majestic banks of the catawba river🤣

What about the majestic banks of the catawba river🤣
If you listen to some of the Cleveland county posters on these boards it’s a complete mystery (and possibly some nefarious conspiracy) why there is occasional fog at our place.

Freedom is perfectly fine for a viewing experience, but you have to sit high up on the home side to see part of Morganton and the South Mountains. It might make a top ten “most beautiful” list, but Asheville is in a league of its own.

I wish I was able to share a photos of AL Brown Memorial Stadium but seen on Friday Nights in K Town FB page where a formal player at AL Brown owns a drone service. Anyway the photos that was taken of the stadium looks really good. Especially after having the track paved. Look like things have been done for improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Not a lot of stadiums down east in these mentions.

East Duplin has beautiful field (natural grass) lots of banners and flags surrounding stadium.

Want to go to Clinton. Been to WRH, great atmosphere but nothing “nice” about it.

Down east schools just don’t have the curb appeal us west schools have with the mountain backgrounds, snow, fall leaves, etc. Stadiums are much smaller in the east too.

View from the home side at Alleghany in the fall is beautiful. The field is on a hillside overlooking Sparta and the mountains to the southwest.

Another, lesser-known view is at Wheatmore, looking from the home side at the Uwharries.
I'm glad someone mentioned Wheatmore. That's a beautiful campus.

Reactions: KW23 and Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT