ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy

Mitchell played a tough game. Mount Airy definitely did not play their best in the first half, but it happens. Simmons predicted us to win by 37 and we won by 42 so not bad 🐻 . It was a good experience for our team to play a different type of opponent. The refs seem to always play a factor of sorts when these two teams play. Good Job Bears in overcoming this. Great second half. Mitchell done a very good job in the first half with the ball control. Almost the whole first quarter for time of possession and had several key third down conversions. I wish Mitchell the best down the road.

As a fan now, I feel pretty good getting a W against Mitchell. It was a long time coming. ;)

The problem that most posters have with the MA posters is that you guys constantly hijack threads talking about how good you are and how you have all these D-1 commits and so on and so forth. We constantly hear the running clock junk just like a couple guys said tonight would be. It didn’t happen. The facts are this:

-Mt Airy won the game obviously
-Mt Airy could not get a running clock on Mitchell
-Mitchell lost a huge portion of their running game that helped them sustain drives and eat clock.
-Mitchell is down according to their fans. Most were surprised they did as well as they did.
-Mt Airy struggled to dominate that down Mitchell team in the 1st half.
-Mt Airy did play better in 2nd half but still Mitchell without their stud was a big part of that.
-Mt Airy is still the favorite
-Murphy will be ready to try to pull the upset
-Mt Airy better tighten some things up or Murphy/Swain/Robbinsville/ER/Heritage will beat them.
-People are sick of hearing about Mt Airy.

*For those Mt Airy fans that are not beating their chest, this is not directed to you.

We’ll MA is really good especially when we throw em a couple of tds 3 interceptions I believe anyway I expected more from Mason I bet we held him to fewest yds all season but they definitely have depth hats off to the bears fun over time to get ready for next year mountaineers
You right our number 4 sophomore tore you all apart night we have him next two years including starting qb plus big third Floyd on line plus joyce who was big play maker we are by no means easy win out

As far as #30 not playing yeah MA had some backups ok but then their just deeper off the bench but on some teams one player can make a lot of difference. Mitchell the year was a run team eat clock and low scores just like in the first half and he was a big part of that running and blocking for the other runners. Be nice not to count on one guy so much but we've had that before mainly the QB in the pass.
But like I said Mitchell still would have lost not enough D to kept holding MA but they probably wouldn't have had the same number of possessions and Mitchell wouldn't have started having to pass so much. "Probably" not saying for sure.
Put it this way 7-0 with him 35-0 without.

The problem that most posters have with the MA posters is that you guys constantly hijack threads talking about how good you are and how you have all these D-1 commits and so on and so forth. We constantly hear the running clock junk just like a couple guys said tonight would be. It didn’t happen. The facts are this:

-Mt Airy won the game obviously
-Mt Airy could not get a running clock on Mitchell
-Mitchell lost a huge portion of their running game that helped them sustain drives and eat clock.
-Mitchell is down according to their fans. Most were surprised they did as well as they did.
-Mt Airy struggled to dominate that down Mitchell team in the 1st half.
-Mt Airy did play better in 2nd half but still Mitchell without their stud was a big part of that.
-Mt Airy is still the favorite
-Murphy will be ready to try to pull the upset
-Mt Airy better tighten some things up or Murphy/Swain/Robbinsville/ER/Heritage will beat them.
-People are sick of hearing about Mt Airy.

*For those Mt Airy fans that are not beating their chest, this is not directed to you.
Hey idiot it was running clock with 3 min to go 42-0 is running clock

Hey idiot it was running clock with 3 min to go 42-0 is running clock
What a 7 year old response. Where was the running clock at halftime like y’all were saying was going to happen? Nowhere to be found. Just like all you MA posters through the first half of the game.

Reactions: EWCards#1
Exposed weaknesses?

That’s a stretch considering the scoreboard was reading 0 at the end of the night. Was there a western team tonight or last night that won by a wider margin? Playing with out to starters , not just starters but two of the best players on the team? Hmmmmm go figure
You right gdawg

As far as #30 not playing yeah MA had some backups ok but then their just deeper off the bench but on some teams one player can make a lot of difference. Mitchell the year was a run team eat clock and low scores just like in the first half and he was a big part of that running and blocking for the other runners. Be nice not to count on one guy so much but we've had that before mainly the QB in the pass.
But like I said Mitchell still would have lost not enough D to kept holding MA but they probably wouldn't have had the same number of possessions and Mitchell wouldn't have started having to pass so much. "Probably" not saying for sure.
Put it this way 7-0 with him 35-0 without.
You know MA had 2 starters out also? Part of it!

I’m a pretty big dumbass but not a chest thumping idiot like the majority of your posters we gave you the best half since we beat you in 21 and that’s ok with me we gave you 3 tds late and your stupid coach ran the score up late to make you look better than you were we really should have lost last week but have good coaching the whole SMC has a stiffie after watching this so good luck mister
Honestly Purple....I've read this forum for years. Read the back and forth between many posters. You are the reason I finally created an account. You speak of MA posters being so awful. You sir are living vicariously in the past. And you talk of the coach running the score up? Lol. The back that scored the last td hasn't played since the first game of the season. And they ran it between the tackles. How is that running the score up? I guess they should have knelt the ball and gave it back to you? Don't be a cancer dude.

I know Mtn Heritage is still in it and I think will make some more noise in the playoffs I believe they're a better team then at the beginning of the year. But as far as next year I believe them and Mitchell will be good going by the freshman coming up.
Yeah for sure we have gotten better each game the last three. That’s what I’ve heard that we both will be really good next year I hope so

You ignorant bastards can’t just say good game and go on can you we can you had the better team we all knew it what an arrogant bunch of dumbasses I bet none of you had a kid played at state though if so name him I can lol go mountaineers

You ignorant bastards can’t just say good game and go on can you we can you had the better team we all knew it what an arrogant bunch of dumbasses I bet none of you had a kid played at state though if so name him I can lol go mountaineers
You are just proving his point.

Good game. Thank you, drive through!

And...who cares where your kid played? How does that have any bearing on tonight? I'm betting you were not liked in school and had alot of pretty things to brag about to make you feel better. Grow up dude!

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Idiot MA QB WAS our back up and #25 best lb didn't play again. Don't give me shit about a starter getting hurt! #15 finally played but just D and only handful of plays is best lb. So let's stop this #30 BS!!!!!!!!
Easy to say when you’re loaded rebuilding year for us

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Read back thru the post and call out the others don’t single me out
This bunch so arrogant hard not to get frustrated that being said they’re like your little cousins you beat up on Saturday you hate em but you love em I have bashed on here since 2008 lol it’s something to do on Fri night while u blow the frost off a few no harm no foul

Last thing then on this. I've been negative probably to much this year on a Mitchell team that wasn't supposed to even won as many games as they did after losing a lot of SR from last year but they played they're hearts out and even to played the first half they did tonight surprised everyone but proud of the kids and good luck to the Seniors after this school year on both teams when real life starts this is just a game.

This bunch so arrogant hard not to get frustrated that being said they’re like your little cousins you beat up on Saturday you hate em but you love em I have bashed on here since 2008 lol it’s something to do on Fri night while u blow the frost off a few no harm no foul
Nah for the first time in 4 tries we are your huckleberry I've not looked but I bet we are first team to put goose egg on you

Last thing then on this. I've been negative probably to much this year on a Mitchell team that wasn't supposed to even won as many games as they did after losing a lot of SR from last year but they played they're hearts out and even to played the first half they did tonight surprised everyone but proud of the kids and good luck to the Seniors after this school year on both teams when real life starts this is just a game.
You are so right. I hate it for any team with senior players. For most, that is it. As parents and coaches, you love to see kids grow, overachieve and become successful on and off the field. Good game. We hope #30 heals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT