ADVERTISEMENT

MA Bears at Eastern Randolph

Might be there too if the weather ain't too bad. ER's a great ran program and I'd love to see them in action.

Will be a solid test for MA if they ain't ready for them. They've been better prepped mentally than the other local team has so that's a hard if.
I went to Eastern to watch my son play for Murphy last season. That ER team looked like world beaters walking out onto the field. Athletes everywhere. My parents live in Lawsonville, I'll already be there for Thanksgiving. May as well check out the game of the week. I pick Mt. Airy by 21.

Let's just set back and take it easy tonight and relish that both teams took out 2 Smokey Mountain teams that tough doing then tomorrow we can take the gloves off and go at it
4 of the 8 west teams tonight were from the SMC. Andrews is the only one left. Murphy, Robbinsville, & Hayesville lost tonight which only leaves Andrews vs Draughn next week.

Last edited:
My point is when they consolidated back to 4 divisions it made it really hard for the smaller schools to compete. I bet you mt airy, draughn and ER were the 3 biggest adms to start the playoffs. Traditionally all would have been in 2a or big 1a.

My point is when they consolidated back to 4 divisions it made it really hard for the smaller schools to compete. I bet you mt airy, draughn and ER were the 3 biggest adms to start the playoffs. Traditionally all would have been in 2a or big 1a.
I will definitely agree with you that it’s ironic that they ended the split—which was meant to help schools like Andrews—right when Andrews had their best team ever. I guess that will just make it an even better story if they can pull it off, though.

Why would MA be in 2a
If you beat a Mountain school then you should move up to 2A..... LOL
I am not sure about Andrews but I have thought the mountain schools were down some this year when comparing them playing each other and other schools. They always say Mount Airy has a week conference, well in 2008 the conference was mostly the same as this year and they scored the 3rd highest points ever in the state of NC with only 94 against them winning 16 games and the State Ship. SEASON includes 1A thru 4A So a weak conference can win.
1)Albemarle 898 2001
2) Albemarle 850 2002
3) Mount Airy 845 2008

Last edited:
I am not sure about Andrews but I have thought the mountain schools were down some this year when comparing them playing each other and other schools. They always say Mount Airy has a week conference, well in 2008 the conference was mostly the same as this year and they scored the 3rd highest points ever in the state of NC with only 94 against them winning 16 games and the State Ship. So a week conference can win.
1)Albemarle 898 2001
2) Albemarle 850 2002
3) Mount Airy 845 2008
They went 6-0 round 1 and put 4 teams into the third round. If that’s a down year, I’ll take it.

I will definitely agree with you that it’s ironic that they ended the split—which was meant to help schools like Andrews—right when Andrews had their best team ever. I guess that will just make it an even better story if they can pull it off, though.
I they’ll beat draughn but I think mt airy will come out of the west

I just hope Purple picks Mount Airy to win…
Now I have to go to bed. Tomorrow we going to Sizzler!!!
I'm not picking anyone to win till last play of the game hey Kidd think I could bring 80 inch TV to game its small to standards at Wallace Shelton Stadium but place it under your scoreboard to make our guys feel at home

I am not sure about Andrews but I have thought the mountain schools were down some this year when comparing them playing each other and other schools. They always say Mount Airy has a week conference, well in 2008 the conference was mostly the same as this year and they scored the 3rd highest points ever in the state of NC with only 94 against them winning 16 games and the State Ship. So a week conference can win.
1)Albemarle 898 2001
2) Albemarle 850 2002
3) Mount Airy 845 2008
A little to add to the Bears' 2008 accomplishments.
NCHSAA MOST TOUCHDOWNS, in a SEASON 1A thru 4A

1) Albemarle 120 2001
2) Mount Airy 119 2008
3) Independence 116 2004
4) East Surry 113 2019

Last edited:
All I see is that 2008 team wasn't as good as Albemarle and this year's team isn't close to those teams either. How are those stats going to help you next Friday night?

I'm not picking anyone to win till last play of the game hey Kidd think I could bring 80 inch TV to game its small to standards at Wallace Shelton Stadium but place it under your scoreboard to make our guys feel at home
80 inches???
Bring it on…
After game leave it as a parting gift…
Have to take out a wall but I might can get that in the doublewide…😎

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT