ADVERTISEMENT

Lenoir-Rhyne in National Semi finals

Yes, a very Beary good weekend. And I like letting people know that our area has young men making a difference and contributing to good area football beyond high school. These young men are getting a great education and experiencing life in a way few others do.

Yesterday, a day of pouring down rain, Lenoir Rhyne had more fans in the stands than did Valdosta State. 500 miles a lot of these fans traveled to support the team and school. Amazing.

Valdosta State plays at the Valdosta High School stadium. The high school team may have moved to their new high school and stadium by now. Great facility and location for high school football. Saw a couple of packed house games there. Seating 10,000 plus it is very large for D2.

Yes, a very Beary good weekend. And I like letting people know that our area has young men making a difference and contributing to good area football beyond high school. These young men are getting a great education and experiencing life in a way few others do.

Yesterday, a day of pouring down rain, Lenoir Rhyne had more fans in the stands than did Valdosta State. 500 miles a lot of these fans traveled to support the team and school. Amazing.
RE WHAT TIME IS IT.......BEAR TIME

• Love
Reactions: Bearmod1
I went and watched LR like 5 times this year and have told everyone that would listen that LR had a real football team … not just a good team but a great team that’s loaded with tons of local talent. That defense is nasty and the team speed is crazy good. I think a lot of those kids were legit D1 talent that for whatever reason weren’t give the chance at D1 schools. LR has put together an awesome roster and coaching is as good as any.

LR has a huge roster. Seems like nearly everly player is a high school recruit not a transfer from another college which is impressive.

Tougher to get the FCS/FBS offers from high school now as so many schools are opting for the transfer portal. That and the COVID year really caused chaos of a lot of recruits.

Reactions: beamer24
LR has a huge roster. Seems like nearly everly player is a high school recruit not a transfer from another college which is impressive.

Tougher to get the FCS/FBS offers from high school now as so many schools are opting for the transfer portal. That and the COVID year really caused chaos of a lot of recruits.
Alot of D1 Players are not getting playing time they expected and are transferring to D 2 ALSO.

I wish I could say LR had received several of those D1 Portal Transfers but we have not. Only Portal Transfer I know of was 2 years ago and was from D2 SAC member Barton, Tony Black. He was starting there and their lead tackler.

I wish I could say LR had received several of those D1 Portal Transfers but we have not. Only Portal Transfer I know of was 2 years ago and was from D2 SAC member Barton, Tony Black. He was starting there and their lead tackler.
Think they have one FBS and one FCS transfer, at least not much more than that.

Anyone think L-R will try to go up to lower division D1 in the next few years? They would probably need a new gym, but I can see them going up to Gardner-Webb's level in the Big South conference and playing FCS in football.

Reactions: beamer24
I could see that.
That is not anywhere even on the discussion level at LR. Most people at LR are pretty sure that Presbyterian would love to back off their move to FCS if they could. All the efforts at LR is to develop consistent upper level performance in ALL the sports activity at the University. Lacrosse is there, track and field is close, both basketballs are not close yet, and baseball is improving but not there yet.

Golf has an international bent now and we will see how they do here. Tennis and swimming is coming.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Perhaps but I do not know them. Could you please name them and prior school?
I was told earlier in the year by a coach they had a former Big 10 player lineman and I think the other was from Western. They may not have even been on scholarship / saw playing time.

I always thought Kelin Parsons was D1 player but he made a good decision going to L/R. He is an athlete for sure.

Congratulations to Lenoir Rhyne. Baby boy was really surprised when he saw score from only game they have lost. Surprised and kinda proud 😀

Some of us, especially those of us who were there, were surprised and even peed off that our DB could not/did not cover the pass play that everyone in the stadium knew was coming after we just went down and scored to "win" the game with just 1:05 left on the clock. That play took took just 10 seconds for Wingate to retake the lead and win the game. Give the credit to the Wingate group.

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT