ADVERTISEMENT

Legislature Meeting 4 PM — NCHSAA Future

I’ll hug it out with you if ‘hug it out’ means sharing good wine and food while I tell you about the Catholic Way ;)
You told me student athletes could go somewhere else if the wanted a Christian education. I guess students athletes that want a Catholic Education and learn about the Catholic Way just can’t at CC if they can’t afford the tuition.

Sounds like you guys have finally reached a good stopping point. I don’t have a dog, Cougar or Panther in the fight (not necessarily in that order). I’m not sure about hog82 or striker but I’m convinced CC14 would rather stir stuff up than eat.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I don’t have anything against Catholics. Well one of them I do. That pope is a piece of work. He’s just making it up as he goes.

Still, Catholic football should remain with the public schools. Despite the abhorrent pimp In the Vatican.

Now sit back and watch striker. I love the heat.

He extended an olive branch with wine and food!
Good grief!…. If this continues…. I’m holding you accountable! Raider! 😁

Reactions: SPRaiders78
You told me student athletes could go somewhere else if the wanted a Christian education. I guess students athletes that want a Catholic Education and learn about the Catholic Way just can’t at CC if they can’t afford the tuition.
This is such an absurd argument. Stop dude.

This is such an absurd argument. Stop dude.
Not a argument. You are just to arrogant to admit that there might be student athletes that might like to go to CC and play sports while getting a Catholic education but can’t since you want to play in the public division.Kids would have to chose getting financial aid and not playing their sport to go to CC if they are a athlete.

Not a argument. You are just to arrogant to admit that there might be student athletes that might like to go to CC and play sports while getting a Catholic education but can’t since you want to play in the public division.Kids would have to chose getting financial aid and not playing their sport to go to CC if they are a athlete.
Then so be it. And no I’m not arrogant, I’m just not engaging in a discussion on this. It’s almost as weird as those tweets you used to send me on twitter.

Then so be it. And no I’m not arrogant, I’m just not engaging in a discussion on this. It’s almost as weird as those tweets you used to send me on twitter.

Warrior-Amused-Points-As-He-Laughs-In-Troy.gif

Counterpoint. The Parochial schools obviously feel their student athletes have a better experience in their current structure within the NCHSAA. I agree. With that point do you then give a lower number of students an opportunity but take away from the majority?

I am fine with Catholic doing either but if they prefer to stay in the NCHSAA I support that but would like to see a few additional requirements put in place.

Reactions: BK13T-$
NCHSAA MEETING 2PM

Sen. Vickie Saywer (R-Iredell), who will attend the meeting, said there is "no prescribed outcome" on the part of the lawmakers going into the meeting.

"Their actions really will dictate how the meeting goes. We really just want to review what has already been discussed in our committee hearings about increasing transparency and accountability in the organization.”

We’re headed for some kind of compromise.

Last edited:
The school isn’t going to policy change for the benefit of 1 student to the detriment of the remaining student population. If he has such a burning desire to learn the principles of Catholicism, he can audit any the parishes courses on our faith just by making inquiries of church’s office. Therefore, the basis for your hypothetical question is invalid.

Last edited:
only current decision I care about is RoyBoy and Mandy not telling my kids they have to wear a mask while playing a sport.
Guilford County has already done that for unvaccinated players. Forsyth County may do it in the next hour. Probably more to follow at the local level.

CMS did not vote as not voting was a vote for Catholic. The 4A schools liked having CC in their conference. Never any issues, good gates, worked well with the other schools.
The CMS schools also supported Catholic in 85'. Also, a West Stanly admin told Oddo he supported Catholic, but we have to live out here.

Reactions: btango
Now you’re talking! I’m gonna wear my new Christ The King shirt just to keep things interesting 🙂

#704’snewcatholicpowerhouse
Still waiting on my invitation to dinner. Only rules are the place must be an Italian restaurant and we drink red wine while telling Country Day jokes. Sound good?? 😂😂

Reactions: strikerHHS
They want to say we want to be 'equitable' by saying the Parochials must go, yet they sit on millions of dollars while schools as you said play on terrible fields with old equipment. If they cared about equity Harding's track wouldn't be falling apart and their visitor bleachers wouldn't be 20 year old pieces of wood. Chamber's would have a new field, etc. They do not care about equity. Their words say they do, but their actions do not. Passing this bill will not solve much of that I believe either.
Also, isn't it interesting how schools that never play CC want them thrown out, but the schools/people who have lined up against Catholic always say there is nothing wrong with them. Funny how that works.

I’ve been over this entire thread, all six pages. There may be two posters on the whole thing that wants Catholic out. Who are you referring to when you say “they”? There will always be hot heads out there, folks that don’t like who you are or what you stand for. In case you haven’t heard or noticed, Christianity is and has been under attack by the secular world since it’s beginning. In my opinion, the last fifteen or twenty years it has gotten a lot worse, As Christians we’ve got to come together, be the people God has called us to be and not worry so much about what THEY say! I support your your school and your position on this particular subject.

I’ve been over this entire thread, all six pages. There may be two posters on the whole thing that wants Catholic out. Who are you referring to when you say “they”? There will always be hot heads out there, folks that don’t like who you are or what you stand for. In case you haven’t heard or noticed, Christianity is and has been under attack by the secular world since it’s beginning. In my opinion, the last fifteen or twenty years it has gotten a lot worse, As Christians we’ve got to come together, be the people God has called us to be and not worry so much about what THEY say! I support your your school and your position on this particular subject.
They was meaning those who gave the presentation to the committee. Equity is a big word these days, but almost no one has any good ideas on how to achieve it.

I’ve been over this entire thread, all six pages. There may be two posters on the .... I support your your school and your position on this particular subject.
I for one, thank you. And yes, you are correct – Christianity is under attack and divided we will fail. I am of the opinion that all are equal before God. Do good, avoid evil. It a matter of comfort, what you grew up with is probably what you practice today. True, 1-3 against Catholic while and vast majority are indifferent or support our team. But there are always some making false claims. You attempt to discredit them, then somebody else jumps in. After 15+ years of fighting a losing battle, it becomes a very raw sore.

PS – Don’t forget the Jews, Christ was a Jew and we should honor that religion as the birthplace of our faith. Remember the country was founded upon the Judeo Christian beliefs (Besides Jews are really really smart and have a hell of an army - Don't want to get their bad side - :) )

Last edited:
Do you feel the need to insult all Christians or it just Catholics? How do you feel about Jews? Do you harbor anti-semantics feelings? Holocaust denier? Just trying to handle on why you have a need to make fun of my religious beliefs? Atheist ?
Are Jews and Catholic Christian s?

Are Jews and Catholic Christian s?
According to the dictionary, Christian is defined as :
Adjective - relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings
Noun - a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity

Since Catholics are baptized and follow the teaching of Christ (or attempt too) , they are consider Christian
Since Jews do neither, they would not be considered Christian. But that is class term. I have met many Jews who portray a more Christian nature then many Catholics

This is my belief which is based upon 6 hours of theology. 2 at St Bonaventure & 4 at Notre Dame 40 yrs ago. CC14 might be able to an official anwers which I doubt would difference significantly from above

Another apology from me must be in order. I by no means was trying to move the discussion to religion. Religion like politics just stirs the blood of some people. I’ll try to keep my posts on topic.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Another apology from me must be in order. I by no means was trying to move the discussion to religion. Religion like politics just stirs the blood of some people. I’ll try to keep my posts on topic.
I support keeping Catholic in…..there’s so much history between our schools, Maiden vs Catholic! Coach Brown loved Oddo and his Catholic bunch! He always spoke highly of their program….which speaks volumes to me!
He told many Catholic stories…..some were hilarious! I can see him now….wiping away tears from laughter….telling a story from the ‘77 playoff game.
One day….hopefully…. I can share it! 😁

I support keeping Catholic in…..there’s so much history between our schools, Maiden vs Catholic! Coach Brown loved Oddo and his Catholic bunch! He always spoke highly of their program….which speaks volumes to me!
He told many Catholic stories…..some were hilarious! I can see him now….wiping away tears from laughter….telling a story from the ‘77 playoff game.
One day….hopefully…. I can share it! 😁
Longtime OC Randy Belk said the atmosphere in 78 game at Maiden was the most hostile he'd ever seen and still has ever seen.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The 77 game was held at Myers Park (Catholics field wasn't big - Park Road). The hostiles were between our lone Black player (Marcus Valazquez aka mercury moris) and some enthusiastic Maiden fans during the pregame. Then the enthusiasm spill over into game..... Marcus was a senior and we were senior heavy -we protected our own.... You guys had Jamie Pope, didn't he end up at Clemsen - Big running Back)
This was the 78 game which was played at Maiden from what Belk has said.

lol you’re killing me. you did the same thing in the ‘my how times have changed’ thread. i don’t understand how you can make such a strong religious post, only to then turn around and be shocked at the conversation that follows. what were you expecting?

there’s no way you read all 6 pages of this thread and came to THAT conclusion. nothing about the “hot head” opinion put christianity or catholicism under the microscope. it’s a philosophical difference about nchsaa rules being applied differently and whether or not it leads to a competitive advantage. simple as that.

ha you know you love stirring the pot. you read all 6 pages, right? then surely you noticed we had all finally come to a peaceful/friendly stopping point.

The '77 game was held at Myers Park (Catholics field wasn't big - Park Road). The hostiles were between our lone Black player (Marcus Valazquez aka mercury moris) and some enthusiastic Maiden fans during the pregame. Then the enthusiasm spill over into game..... Marcus was a senior and we were senior heavy -we protected our own.... You guys had Jamie Pope, didn't he end up at Clemson ? - Big running Back)

On second thought, he wasnt our lone black, brought a couple from the jv's for the playoffs
That’s it!…..Pope went to Clemson and the Canadian football league.
He was a mule….fast too! He got annihilated on a tackle going out of bounds!….our fans went berserk! Our chain crew was screaming for a late hit flag and one of tacklers got up….and then….spit on them! Coach would tell that story….wiping away the tears of laughter!

Believe it or not……that same crew is STILL dragging the chains at Maiden!😂

Good times!

He was a mule….fast too! He got annihilated on a tackle going out of bounds!….our fans went berserk! Our chain crew was screaming for a late hit flag and one of tacklers got up….and then….spit on them! Coach would tell that story….wiping away the tears of laughter!

Good times!
Pope was a stud. Used to see him quite often but been several years now. Was in law enforcement and worked for the state wildlife.

Old Maiden stadium literally had the fans on top of the field. Not Robbinsville close but not far from it. Remember the home team running out from the tunnel under the stands. Glory Daze.

Good times!

I had a fairly decent vantage spot for the two Maiden/CCHS games. The first game was at Myers Park ( home game for us) so it was probably our chain game and therefore that is folklore about getting into it with the chain gang. However, I can confirm the following: there was some polite discussion before the game that amped up the intensity. On the first or second play from scrimmage Pope got lit up in the middle of the field. It sent a signal that it was going to be physical game and it was. I think the incident you are referring to had nothing to do with spitting. The outstanding scholar and gentleman from CCHS will remain nameless, but I can confirm there was not a flag called for a late hit but the play ended up with the CCHS player in the Maiden Bench area. There was definitely some communication that followed which included a double dose of the bird plus a crotch grab and maybe some very pleasant language challenging the whole Maiden sideline, their fans, the cheerleaders and the coaching staff. Bear in mind the player in question was an underclassman and had not yet been to Sister Rosalind's manner school. While I am sure he had to confess his sin and say a bunch of Hail Mary's, I am pretty sure he has never been contrite. BTW. this is all on film and I can confirm it made an impression on Coach Brown.

As we move into game two a year later we arrived at the Maiden's field extra early. Same scenario semifinal game for the state. The Maiden fans were already on both sides when we arrived so there was not much room for our fans and we took a lot of buses to the game. CCHS fans travel well. Lets just say the Maiden crowd was a little juiced up. I can confirm a few incidences during warm ups that were interesting. Again I will not be naming any names but many of the kids at Catholic have last names that may have been difficult for the local's to pronounce correctly. There are no names on the back of a CCHS jersey... however the Maiden fan knew all of the names, screamed them for all of warmups and could pronounce none of them correctly. One of players, another very mannerly and sophisticated gentleman went to retrieve a football that rolled near the fence, where a Maiden fan had reach over and scooped it up. The Maiden fan was not interested in returning the CCHS merchandise. After being asked a few times to just give it back, the Maiden fan open his coat and flashed a gun... the CCHS player said, fine you keep it. All this before the first whistle was blown for the game. The game was even wilder then the crowd.

BTW, we had to play the last series of the game ( maiden scored to win ) without that polite contrite young man from the year before. He had closed out the Maiden great trap play all game long but Maiden was able to move the ball when he was not in the game. We needed our crazy to match their crazy. It was a great environment to play a game.

I had a fairly decent vantage spot for the two Maiden/CCHS games. The first game was at Myers Park ( home game for us) so it was probably our chain game and therefore that is folklore about getting into it with the chain gang. However, I can confirm the following: there was some polite discussion before the game that amped up the intensity. On the first or second play from scrimmage Pope got lit up in the middle of the field. It sent a signal that it was going to be physical game and it was. I think the incident you are referring to had nothing to do with spitting. The outstanding scholar and gentleman from CCHS will remain nameless, but I can confirm there was not a flag called for a late hit but the play ended up with the CCHS player in the Maiden Bench area. There was definitely some communication that followed which included a double dose of the bird plus a crotch grab and maybe some very pleasant language challenging the whole Maiden sideline, their fans, the cheerleaders and the coaching staff. Bear in mind the player in question was an underclassman and had not yet been to Sister Rosalind's manner school. While I am sure he had to confess his sin and say a bunch of Hail Mary's, I am pretty sure he has never been contrite. BTW. this is all on film and I can confirm it made an impression on Coach Brown.

As we move into game two a year later we arrived at the Maiden's field extra early. Same scenario semifinal game for the state. The Maiden fans were already on both sides when we arrived so there was not much room for our fans and we took a lot of buses to the game. CCHS fans travel well. Lets just say the Maiden crowd was a little juiced up. I can confirm a few incidences during warm ups that were interesting. Again I will not be naming any names but many of the kids at Catholic have last names that may have been difficult for the local's to pronounce correctly. There are no names on the back of a CCHS jersey... however the Maiden fan knew all of the names, screamed them for all of warmups and could pronounce none of them correctly. One of players, another very mannerly and sophisticated gentleman went to retrieve a football that rolled near the fence, where a Maiden fan had reach over and scooped it up. The Maiden fan was not interested in returning the CCHS merchandise. After being asked a few times to just give it back, the Maiden fan open his coat and flashed a gun... the CCHS player said, fine you keep it. All this before the first whistle was blown for the game. The game was even wilder then the crowd.

BTW, we had to play the last series of the game ( maiden scored to win ) without that polite contrite young man from the year before. He had closed out the Maiden great trap play all game long but Maiden was able to move the ball when he was not in the game. We needed our crazy to match their crazy. It was a great environment to play a game.
I’m loving this! I was there as well….and I couldn’t have said it any better! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Our chain crew was on the sidelines at Myers Park…..as fans!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT