ADVERTISEMENT

Kristen Lewis-Williams, LN

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
Last year I said several times that Lewis-Williams, in my opinion, was the best ladies basketball player in the state and that just like Seth Curry, the ACC really stepped on it by not getting her.

Well, I am happy to report that she has started the first 3 games for the University of Buffalo and is logging the third most minutes of the players. Buffalo is 2 and 1 after 3 games. She is going to make her mark I have no doubt.

Last year I said several times that Lewis-Williams, in my opinion, was the best ladies basketball player in the state and that just like Seth Curry, the ACC really stepped on it by not getting her.

Well, I am happy to report that she has started the first 3 games for the University of Buffalo and is logging the third most minutes of the players. Buffalo is 2 and 1 after 3 games. She is going to make her mark I have no doubt.
She is most definitely a player!!!!! Love to hear that report!!!!

I just watched Kirsten Lewis-Williams have a game against St. Bonaventure. Its not her offensive game that has impressed as much its her defense. At 5' 10" she guarded 1-4 with extreme intensity disrupting set plays and providing timely weakside help. She took 3 charges in this game!! Ok the offensive stats against a A10 school 19pts/8reb(5oreb)/2ast/1blk from a freshman 5 games in...

Kirsten Lewis-Williams has been named MAC Freshman of the Year, All MAC Honorable Mention and made the ALL-Freshman Team. I only lived in the Mooresville area for 7yrs so elders please correct me but I think she is the most gifted female basketball players to come out of Iredell County. If not for covid I'm certain she would have scored 2k, 1k Reb and 500+ AST based on MAX preps stats. Davidson and the ACC schools let one get away...

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Kirsten Lewis-Williams has been named MAC Freshman of the Year, All MAC Honorable Mention and made the ALL-Freshman Team. I only lived in the Mooresville area for 7yrs so elders please correct me but I think she is the most gifted female basketball players to come out of Iredell County. If not for covid I'm certain she would have scored 2k, 1k Reb and 500+ AST based on MAX preps stats. Davidson and the ACC schools let one get away...

Thanks for sharing. Kirsten Lewis-Williams definitely is a gifted basketball player and rightly so. I‘ve seen her play on different occasions and I’m sure she is one of the most talented players out of Iredell Co.
There are a couple players come to mind. Two girls that played for South Iredell from years back. One was (the late) Ann Ellis who played back a ‘73-‘77 had scored 2,166 points. She broke her brother‘s ( Ben Ellis) school record by scoring 60 points one game. Her brother had scored 51 in a game. Another player that I personally seen play was Sherry Cash ‘77-‘80 of South Iredell. She had scored 2,127 carrier points. Ann Ellis was inducted in the Iredell Co school Hall of Fame.
Competition level was different from years back than now. One thing for sure Kirsten Lewis-Williams did help take Lake Norman to the 4A State Championship game last year. She sure is impressive player.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC_UBfan
Thanks for sharing. Kirsten Lewis-Williams definitely is a gifted basketball player and rightly so. I‘ve seen her play on different occasions and I’m sure she is one of the most talented players out of Iredell Co.
There are a couple players come to mind. Two girls that played for South Iredell from years back. One was (the late) Ann Ellis who played back a ‘73-‘77 had scored 2,166 points. She broke her brother‘s ( Ben Ellis) school record by scoring 60 points one game. Her brother had scored 51 in a game. Another player that I personally seen play was Sherry Cash ‘77-‘80 of South Iredell. She had scored 2,127 carrier points. Ann Ellis was inducted in the Iredell Co school Hall of Fame.
Competition level was different from years back than now. One thing for sure Kirsten Lewis-Williams did help take Lake Norman to the 4A State Championship game last year. She sure is impressive player.
Amazing accomplishments great to know someone is carrying these ladies legacies thank you for sharing!!

I am so happy for her and for the opportunity that University of Buffalo provided. And if Davidson, UNCC, and all the other area schools are not hanging their recruiting head THEY SHOULD BE!

Last year mid January I was talking with the Lake Norman Lady's Coach and she said while Kristen was just destroying the competition at the Cherokee Tournament, hardly a college coach even talked to Kristen. NOT EVEN LENOIR RHYNE who was there recruiting. She did have an offer from NC A&T and maybe Campbell, but not any other schools anywhere close to NC that I am aware of.

Can you imagine that?

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT