ADVERTISEMENT

Kannapolis @ South Rowan

Aug 24, 2009
Any thoughts on this game. I look for the Wonders to get back on the winning track.

I heard S . R. wanted Kannapolis back on their schedule for financial reasons. And people in both communities wanted them back playing each other again.

If this game is within 21-28 pts I’ll be worried bc this should be a 35-42 type contest for ALB

I’m thinking about 49-7 or 56-7 type ballgame Wonders win. In a way I wish Salisbury was on ALB schedule. I think we would see lot better ballgame.

I’m thinking about 49-7 or 56-7 type ballgame Wonders win. In a way I wish Salisbury was on ALB schedule. I think we would see lot better ballgame.
Salisbury on the Kann schedule never going to happen. For a school in decline pushing 6a ball year after next playing Salisbury compared to this weeks 1a/2a (850 student) South Rowan would be far worst than the 2 games played already against West Rowan and Northwest. If Kann doesn't beat South by 5Td's easy they shouldn't offer ball at the school at all

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Salisbury on the Kann schedule never going to happen. For a school in decline pushing 6a ball year after next playing Salisbury compared to this weeks 1a/2a (850 student) South Rowan would be far worst than the 2 games played already against West Rowan and Northwest. If Kann doesn't beat South by 5Td's easy they shouldn't offer ball at the school at all
Jacks, off topic, but what does Concord have this year. Have they improved a lot this year or it remains to be seen.

Reactions: jacks2start
Any thoughts on this game. I look for the Wonders to get back on the winning track.

I heard S . R. wanted Kannapolis back on their schedule for financial reasons. And people in both communities wanted them back playing each other again.
How are the Wonders these days? I miss the days when my Yellow Jackets use to come up there and play you guys and Concord. Some great games and great times.

Reactions: 84k
How are the Wonders these days? I miss the days when my Yellow Jackets use to come up there and play you guys and Concord. Some great games and great times.
Justin Hardin is in his first season, if the offense can get the new system down they will be pretty good. Just got to fix the fixable mistakes they made in the two first games.

Them were some good games. I can remember one year F. H. came to Kannapolis carrying a big log into the stadium.

Justin Hardin is in his first season, if the offense can get the new system down they will be pretty good. Just got to fix the fixable mistakes they made in the two first games.

Them were some good games. I can remember one year F. H. came to Kannapolis carrying a big log into the stadium.
Yeah that was an amazing year. That team started out 0-4 and was frustrated. They had a team meeting, players only, out in the woods behind the stadium and took out their frustration by pushing a tree over. From that point on they made a run to the 3A West regional finals only losing to Burns in a barn burner that went to overtime. They carried that tree onto every field home and away the remainder of the season.

Simmons has ALB winning by 44. That would be good prediction spread for ALB win.

Jacks, off topic, but what does Concord have this year. Have they improved a lot this year or it remains to be seen.
well all jokes aside, think they have 3 guys back on offense, but passing has improved compared to last year. Defense is better at some spots compared to last year. Overall numbers and size still a high concern i believe just from my view. i like that middle school and jv are winning some games so thats a plus, still not a fan of the type offense being run, never going to win again like before until the whole pass game offense is installed again, the (Beecher) years. But you have to have those type players. maybe 2yrs away from steady wins, hopefully we move to 2a with 1090 kids, time for a change.

Reactions: Hon Dines and 84k
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT