ADVERTISEMENT

Hough vs Vance

Definitely the biggest game of the season. All eyes will be on this game to see how it turns out. I’m just going to give it a tossup.

Ahh man I remember way back when I 1st came on here...smack talking the Mallard Creek posters...getting riled up for "Big Time" regular season games. I remember the same Creek posters talking about playoffs is the only big matchups that matter to them and me rolling my eyes at such blasphemy. Fast forward 5 yrs...4 deep playoff runs in which we were in the state Championship or playing to go to the Ship...in all that time only winning 1 conference title (we got smacked by Page that yr). With all that being said I've come to that point to where yeah this game is a big game but to us.....we can give a damn about it. Let's get the playoffs and get this thing rolling. Maybe the puppies can finally win 1.....good luck tho.

Reactions: UNC91
Hough 28 Vance 35

This game going to be a slug fest but Vance team is the BEST TEAM in the Imeck, Someone told me they think this year team is better than Last year's State Championship team. Vance has speed and size all over their team. Vance will has to play well tho to win this game, any mistakes and Hough will take advantage. Vance has start out fast and get up on Hough. Vance has the players to win this game. Grier is very good QB and along with many other weapons on that team. Also I give the edge to the Vance Coaching staff (could be biased there)

Hough: They do have speed like vance but i dont know if they have it everywhere like Vance does. Hough speed is at the WR spot. Size i would give the edge to vance as well. Tad Hudson is a great QB so this should be a great QB dual vs Grier. Hough for them to win is Cause the Mistakes, Get turnovers , Penalties , and my thing is If u punch Vance in the mouth and you start fast and drive on them early u have to stay on the gas petal.

the courage and strength of mind necessary to do something difficult or unpleasant
Only thing that has a chance of stopping us would be that mud pit of a field. Lol.
Intestinal fortitude- the courage and strength of mind necessary to do something difficult or unpleasant.

Two great teams playing with both D1 talent...the true difference, well 1 won a state championship by literally playing all away games including the state championship AWAY(LAST HOME GAME WAS THE END OF OCT) including games @ Butler, Mallard Creek, and Richmond cty...NC blue bloods. While the other 1 well kinda hates to play in a little rain and mud. And u wonder why creek always downplay Hough about their toughness. They may win Fri but would u place money on them getting to and winning a state championship?? Let's hope the championship games is on turf and that it "doesn't rain". God forbid them having to play in the elements. Smh

85% of Hough starters came from other schools. I didn’t like them the 8 times we smashed them, and not a fan after they spank us last week. They have used the heavy recruiting formula since 2013. It don’t work. You can’t win State Championships that way. Their Trophy case has the same amount of hardware, as the worst team in the Imeck. Nothing!

Last edited:
85% of Hough starters came from other schools. I didn’t like them the 8 times we smashed them, and not a fan after they spank us last week. They have used the heavy recruiting formula since 2013. It don’t work. You can’t win State Championships that way. Their Trophy case has the same amount of hardware, as the worst team in the Imeck. Nothing!

but we won’t talk about all the transfers Creek and Vance have gotten. Vance being more recently and creek over the years lol. If that’s the only argument you’ve got for crapping on Hough, I’ll take it. Because it’s not much of a claim.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
but we won’t talk about all the transfers Creek and Vance have gotten. Vance being more recently and creek over the years lol. If that’s the only argument you’ve got for crapping on Hough, I’ll take it. Because it’s not much of a claim.
You’re new, and you’re clueless. The core of both programs are home grown. (MC & Vance) Neither program has won a State Championship because of a transfer. Hough is the only program that believes that formula works. If Hough played with their regular kids, they would be in a dog fight for last play. Bailey Road Middle school parents have been complaining for year’s, about their kids not having an opportunity to play for Hough because they recruit so heavily. Every year a Hough nut, shows up on this forum with the same BS. Every program in Charlotte gets new kids, and some lose kids. Hough is known throughout the Imeck for what they do. You better have a full tank of gas, if you follow a kid home after practice. None of them live anywhere near Cornelius. Lol!

To get the promise of reduced rates on rentals/mortgages is the kicker for me. It's nice to get the luxury of talent transferred in but to have the advantages of reduced rate housing with lakeside view....hard to compete with that. And that isnt a rumor I know 1st hand of those shenanigans. Along with the cockiness and rudeness without even making it to a state championship. Yeah not the biggest fan of the pound puppies.

Reactions: nepsy7
Wow i can's believe 704 Cougars Dad. HSFB man thinks U's and Tyler12 musta beens roomates @ D's Community College yalls attened. He's claims Da same as U's do, about Transfers- talent that others schools Recruite and moves N's causes they have better food= R's green grass. C's eyes which is HSFB man tells Yall's Fans all D's time. Here it's is again. C's a family finds a House R's Condo N's a School district ands pays 3 months deposit and 1's of D's Booster signs D's light deposit and then's a Cashers Check B's put N's mailbox and after D's 3 months deposit is Garnish, football season is over ands Family has pack up and leaves town. Eyes should Nose that causes HSFB man has been an N's side man 4's Jobs like that.

Wow i can's believe 704 Cougars Dad. HSFB man thinks U's and Tyler12 musta beens roomates @ D's Community College yalls attened. He's claims Da same as U's do, about Transfers- talent that others schools Recruite and moves N's causes they have better food= R's green grass. C's eyes which is HSFB man tells Yall's Fans all D's time. Here it's is again. C's a family finds a House R's Condo N's a School district ands pays 3 months deposit and 1's of D's Booster signs D's light deposit and then's a Cashers Check B's put N's mailbox and after D's 3 months deposit is Garnish, football season is over ands Family has pack up and leaves town. Eyes should Nose that causes HSFB man has been an N's side man 4's Jobs like that.
I recognize my name......that's about it after that. I understand that's ur schtick...bro it's unreadable.

Is it me or can anyone else read this.

Think Hough is very good. Maybe their best squad. Two reasons I think Vance wins.

- Grier is a gamer. Just a tough kid who makes plays.
- Hard to prepare for Hack's defense. Lot of kids coming from alot of different spots. The kid who plays SS is special.

Really looking forward to seeing this one live.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Think Hough is very good. Maybe their best squad. Two reasons I think Vance wins.

- Grier is a gamer. Just a tough kid who makes plays.
- Hard to prepare for Hack's defense. Lot of kids coming from alot of different spots. The kid who plays SS is special.

Really looking forward to seeing this one live.
Avarion Cole no.9. sad thing is he left a yr and went to Hickory ridge. I seen the dog in him his 10th grade yr..when I heard he was coming back and teaming him up with Echols I got gitty...b4 the pandemic of course.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
I’m sure my score is too high but will see I think it will be a good QB dual with Grier vs Hudson
Today! I’ll go with Grier at QB. I’ll also take Vance’s DL over Hough’s OL. We had a 3 man front, with very little pressure, and Hudson threw 4 interceptions. Vance will be sending heat from everywhere. I’ll take Vance by 2 TD’s.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Today! I’ll go with Grier at QB. I’ll also take Vance’s DL over Hough’s OL. We had a 3 man front, with very little pressure, and Hudson threw 4 interceptions. Vance will be sending heat from everywhere. I’ll take Vance by 2 TD’s.
My friend going other way he taking Hudson n Hough DL over Vance - Me n him have a Bet for Lancasters - I have Vance winning - He has Hough winning

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I’m sure my score is too high but will see I think it will be a good QB dual with Grier vs Hudson
Both defenses very good. If I am Vance I play to my strengths which is pressure on the QB and running the ball with Smothers, Morris and Grier. Turn them over and play field position.

Vance has had some struggles with Hough in the past but I believe that has been in part because they gear up for MC and look past Hough alot. I think after what happened last year they have had this particular game circled. I also think winning like they did last year ( 4 straight on the road) really gives you some confidence.

Smh we deserve to lose this game. It's like we go on autopilot until someone smacks us in the mouth. Maybe we need to lose this game like last yr to wake the hell up for the playoffs smh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT