ADVERTISEMENT

Hough High

Not the 8th grade specifically but prior to or in middle school to be older and more physically stronger, smarter in school. Its a proven fact older students perform better academically, socially, and athletically. This is why the transfer portal has really hurt HS recruits
I am struggling following the logic here. As a statistician early in my career, on average, developmentally and maturity wise, I tend to agree that holding back can definitely help when kids are starting the early years in school. Those August, September babies are much younger than their classmates and holding back at age 4 or 5 is a consideration. We had one and didn't do it. There were times we questioned the decision. The child became an excellent student but it literally took 4-5 years after kindergarten to catch up and we were perhaps fortunate. A sample of one but a decision many parents wrestle with. Not sure how that correlates with athletics down the road and doubt that an athletic career has any factor in a decision at age 4 or 5. Holding a kid back from grade 4-8 carries its own social stigma and trauma. Again, doubt that an athletic career is the driver, at least with intelligent, well intentioned parents. Admittedly, I don't have enough IQ to follow your theory on how this relates to the transfer portal and its effect on HS recruits.

We're 11-5 against your son's raggedy 60% of your starters don't live in Cornelius school. LMAO! You're a little below 500 program without outside help. Players meeting each other the week before the game, pool house lodging, Apartment housing. Gas cards to travel back and forth to school for SC players. Hough players next-door neighbors are guys they play on Friday. U-Haul account for Family's moving back home after the season. End of the year peanut butter Choke festival every year. (Standing room only) :) GTFOH!
preach it brother 👍

Reactions: UNC_91
Not sure if y’all caught the West Charlotte/Butler broadcast but rewatch it. The commentators was chatting with a scout about kids moving around to different schools. The scout asked “Do players move around in Charlotte?” One of the commentators says “Hough had 80% transfers” or something to that effect. It was comedy gold lol.

Yes, Also school opened in 2007. Over 100 college graduates. Over 70 currently on college rosters. 3 currently on NFL rosters, 2 CFL. 4 projected NFL draft pic's 2023. Trent Simpson (Clemson) Grant Gibson (NC State) Eric Douglas (South Carolina) Ryan Jones (ECU) After High School what happens with your guys? It's a rhetorical question? I already know.
Only three?
You talk a lot for someone with only three trophies.
There are several schools with three or more over the last 15 years.

In response, we produced the most accomplished college/NFL player to ever come out of NC high schools.
Plus several others to college and the pros.
One just got honored as team captain at Va Tech, for the second year in a row.
You got any of those?
Think about it.

But it’s not about individuals so much, is it?
It’s a lot more about team, school, community.
Building character through support and successful coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
Championships, trophies, and rings.
They certainly help send the message and encourage participation and loyalty.
And all get to share in the fun.

Please temper how you respond to us and others.
You are starting to take the fun out of it.

• Haha
We're 11-5 against your son's raggedy 60% of your starters don't live in Cornelius school. LMAO! You're a little below 500 program without outside help. Players meeting each other the week before the game, pool house lodging, Apartment housing. Gas cards to travel back and forth to school for SC players. Hough players next-door neighbors are guys they play on Friday. U-Haul account for Family's moving back home after the season. End of the year peanut butter Choke festival every year. (Standing room only) :) GTFOH!
Yet, you spend your time worrying about a Hough High thread. 4-2 last 6 games, including 1 playoff and 1 knocking out of playoffs game. Is it difficult being that angry over little stuff all the time? I don't spend any time wishing bad things for any other team. I hope and pray every kid in the state has a great experience and future where ever they play. I mean that sincerely. I actually prefer a strong Mallard Creek because it makes the conference stronger. In my opinion, your coaches won't be the ones to bring it back. Just my opinion.

• Haha
Yet, you spend your time worrying about a Hough High thread. 4-2 last 6 games, including 1 playoff and 1 knocking out of playoffs game. Is it difficult being that angry over little stuff all the time? I don't spend any time wishing bad things for any other team. I hope and pray every kid in the state has a great experience and future where ever they play. I mean that sincerely. I actually prefer a strong Mallard Creek because it makes the conference stronger. In my opinion, your coaches won't be the ones to bring it back. Just my opinion.

Hough might be the worst highschool football program ever in NC. Play with kids who live in district and take the blinders off. It's a known thing Hough has 80% transfers every year. Not sure why any parent would want their kid playing for Hough. The shit is crazy at Hough and everyone knows it. ........

Hough might be the worst highschool football program ever in NC. Play with kids who live in district and take the blinders off. It's a known thing Hough has 80% transfers every year. Not sure why any parent would want their kid playing for Hough. The shit is crazy at Hough and everyone knows it. ........
80%...wow. By transfers, are you referring to players that weren't born in that district? Its interesting that if you look who came out of the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs last year from Meck, its schools where you've seen the most new rooftops built in the last 5-10 years. Weddington, University area, Huntersville/Cornelius, Ardrey Kell, etc. I dont think 80% transfers is accurate, but wouldnt new students to these schools reflect the huge amount of folks moving to these areas?

80%...wow. By transfers, are you referring to players that weren't born in that district? Its interesting that if you look who came out of the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs last year from Meck, its schools where you've seen the most new rooftops built in the last 5-10 years. Weddington, University area, Huntersville/Cornelius, Ardrey Kell, etc. I dont think 80% transfers is accurate, but wouldnt new students to these schools reflect the huge amount of folks moving to these areas?
That's way too logical, and you are supposed to show some anger on here towards kids and other programs apparently. Also, be sure and include things "that you have heard"!

Again, you are so angry! What did Hough do to you? You do know this is high school and kids we are commenting on, right? You act like someone hurt your first born.

• Haha
I would say we have all confirmed that you are crazy.

• Haha
Again, you are so angry! What did Hough do to you? You do know this is high school and kids we are commenting on, right? You act like someone hurt your first born.

Lol what? I have no team in this fight. SWO fan from the east coast....... Everyone in the state knows what Hough is and does. 80% of their roster is transfers....... And still choke every year....... That QB they have is terrible and will never touch the field at UNC. Hough is Terrible for highschool football.

The poster above also said it was a talking point at another highschool football game on Friday night via the commentary...... I'm not the only one saying this... Take the blinders off please

Lol what? I have no team in this fight. SWO fan from the east coast....... Everyone in the state knows what Hough is and does. 80% of their roster is transfers....... And still choke every year....... That QB they have is terrible and will never touch the field at UNC. Hough is Terrible for highschool football.
SWO? No idea what that means. Again, amazing interest in Hough but not sure why.

That's way too logical, and you are supposed to show some anger on here towards kids and other programs apparently. Also, be sure and include things "that you have heard"!
My bad. Apparently Joe Buck and Romo called the West Charlotte v Butler game the other night and said Hough had 80% transfers. Its gotta be true I guess.

I’m not a hough fan, never been one but why do people sit around and complain about transfers all the time? There’s not one legit contender in the state in any classification that doesn’t get transfers every year.

Last edited:
I’m not a hough fan, never been one but why do people sit around and complain about transfers all the time? There’s not one legit contender in the state in any classification that doesn’t get transfers every year.
Not at the rate Hough gets them and not even close. Could careless but the Hough homers have to be realistic. Their program is built with transfers and high level ones at that.

Calling them out, is not worrying. You're confused. It's a High School football board. That's what people do. If you have a problem, seek help. Who cares what you do, and how you spend your time. Also, how would you know what coaches are capable of bringing back. Your raggedy program has never been there. :)

Last edited:
Not at the rate Hough gets them and not even close. Could careless but the Hough homers have to be realistic. Their program is built with transfers and high level ones at that.
Cornelius is 5% African American. Hough Football is 65% African American. JV had 4 black kids which is more of a representation of race demographics. The only way you get those type numbers on a Football team with those demographics, is if it's a private school. I could care less about what they do as a program. Every team in NC, gets new kids. Hough's program is built off of getting imports. That's who they are, and i laugh when they get upset for getting called out. Own it, and wear it!

Last edited:
It's a High School football board. That's what people do. If you have a problem, seek help. Who cares what you do, and how you spend your time. Also, how would you know what coaches are capable of bringing back. Your raggedy program has never been there. :)
No, It's not. I'm sure throwing unnecessary darts makes a person like you feel empowered? It's impressive, really!

• Haha

Cornelius is 5% African American. Hough Football is 65% African American. JV had 4 black kids which is more of a representation of race demographics. The only way you get those type numbers on a Football team with those demographics, is if it's a private school. I could care less about what they do as a program. Every team in NC, gets new kids. Hough's program is built off of getting imports. That's who they are, and i laugh when they get upset for getting called out. Own it, and wear it!
Dude, the JV comment is not accurate. Hough zone also includes Huntersville areas too. Regardless, the area has exploded with population growth, so there's gonna be new players coming to the area.

• Haha
Dude, the JV comment is not accurate. Hough zone also includes Huntersville areas too. Regardless, the area has exploded with population growth, so there's gonna be new players coming to the area.
Outstanding! You run with that. Ok, it was 3. How many did you count?

Last edited:
Cornelius is 8.5% African American and Huntersville is 12.5%.

• Haha
Cornelius is 8.5% African American and Huntersville is 12.5%.
Numbers went up! That explains everything, on how the team went up to 65% African American. I guess the 12.5 % that live in Huntersville all play football. 🤣 What's the percentage in Fayetteville and South Carolina? lmao!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Numbers went up! That explains everything, on how the team went up to 65% African American. I guess the 12.5 % that live in Huntersville all play football. 🤣 What's the percentage in Fayetteville and South Carolina? lmao!
Just fixing your inaccurate statement of 5%. You're welcome.

LMAO that mean u dont pay attention other then Hough , SWO is Southwest Onslow in eastern NC its a football team

He is clueless about football in NC period.
Not paying attention to "SWO" = only following Hough. Okay.
That's your problem..... You should follow other teams and then you see Hough only team with 80% transfer on the roster.... No way around explaining these types of numbers. Hough is the worst football program in the state. No parent should ever send their kid there period....

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Quick glance of high d1, and college players. Just a quick look.

EVAN PRYOR-TRANSFER
BRALYN OLIVER-TRANSFER
JESIAH DAVIS -TRANSFER
KACI SEEGERS-TRANSFER
ISSAC WALKER -TRANSFER
SEAN BROWN-TRANSFER

Kennique Bonner-Steward-TRANSFER​

Sequane Osborne-Transfer
Bodrick Gooch-Transfer
Omari Philyaw-Transfer
Markell Quick-Transfer
Garvey Sterling -Transfer