ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggards Braswell stepping down

portcity FB

Nov 8, 2004
Sad news for Vikings. Thanks to coach for all he has done. Good luck to you in the future.

http://www.wect.com/story/28611926/scott-braswell-to-step-down-from-hoggard-high-school-football-program

This post was edited on 3/25 12:52 PM by portcity FB

Coach Braswell coached Hoggard for 18 seasons with a record of 170-51, including the 2007 4A state title. He lead the Vikings to 3 ECF. His career record is 205-71.
Coach Underwood seems to be the next guy for Hoggard. He has been with Braswell for years and took over for him while he was out last season.

Really sad to hear this ... One of the good guys not only in southeastern North Carolina, but the entire state. Did a great job with a program that was pretty mediocre before he got there ... Sure they had their conference championships with Ray Durham and Jim Seacord, but Braswell brought consistency to the program. I hope Braswell can get healthy and maybe we can see him on the sidelines again down the road. High school football needs more Scott Braswells.

Port, any other names being thrown out besides Underwood's?

This post was edited on 3/26 9:38 AM by Screamin' Monk

This post was edited on 3/26 9:39 AM by Screamin' Monk

Was sad this day came, but it looked more and more likely recently. Like Monk said others did well at JTH but nobody did what Braswell did. And before anybody says it was just because how long he was there, the Vikes were 9-1 in his 2nd year. The previous coaches Saffos and Spencer were not too shabby and between them had 2 winning seasons w/ no playoffs over 8 years. He will be missed.

Based on the info from the other post..Coach Hoggard at Hoggard has a nice ring to it..just sayin

Originally posted by T Roy C:

Based on the info from the other post..Coach Hoggard at Hoggard has a nice ring to it..just sayin
That it does, but that will not happen.

Port,
All quiet over on Shipyard. Any idea of who Hoggard is looking at to replace Braswell. Tough Act to follow. He did get the most out of his players. I do believe that was a complement.

Originally posted by wildcatfan78:

Blackbeard,
Is that official or just speculation?
I think it is speculation at this point, but I'm hearing it's Underwood's job if he wants it

I understand announcement tomorrow (Friday). Sounds like Turner is the favorite. He didn't get the North Brunswick Job.

Originally posted by wildcatfan78:

I understand announcement tomorrow (Friday). Sounds like Turner is the favorite. He didn't get the North Brunswick Job.
Do you mean Underwood?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT