ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry HFC job

There are problems in the community with a certain crowd that wants to control everything. You can look at the booster club and then look at the basketball staff and you’ll see the same people. I think the softball coach quit mid season because of issues. East needs some new admin to handle the community issues.
No everybody was all happy with LoJack and those damn state championships. But what expense did it come at. All because as you say and you're right a faather in the community was unhappy that his son was not going to be playing quarterback that he might be a tight end. That he might have to play something else. Because a better athlete was going to play quarterback some of the time not all of the time. Is that what it was so daddy ball got involved in a big way didn't he. Hell he still involved although you can bet your ass when his daughter is getting out of school maybe his nieces you know he'll all sudden stop coaching. Never in my life have I seen that. Father of players in top of the press box. He doesn't teach at the school doesn't really know shit about coaching. I've never seen that think about it guys. So what you're talking about is correct. Sawed off dudes who think they're it. And they might be it. But when you rent a press box helping coach when your kids play then you stop. Then y'all sudden start coaching girls basketball. It don't take long to guess who the names are. And the school system lets them do it. Excuse me the administration. Although maybe that's why nobody likes the new guy because he's trying to put his foot that's why nobody likes the new guy because he's trying to put his foot down. Diamond. Any report any of you boys have Go ahead. You put his damn name on the stadium. You put him in the Hall of Fame. But you screwed him like a one night stand didn't you and sure you got to the state championship 3 years in a row that is fantastic. He would have got there maybe not three but definitely two. We would have had too many athletes not to. Plus we wouldn't have had Twitter, we wouldn't have had players mom's parade, we wouldn't have had someone that wanted to get the hell out of here as soon as his talent dried up rather than building a program I don't think things got bad I think things got bad for blowjack. Don't forget he got fired from the school that his daddy turned in to a damn high performer. West stokess can have it he will run them up with his blow hard and bravado. Took you all over Twitter You guys will be Twitter champions of West Stokes. What are we going to get He's going to take our players. For some of them fall into his teenage dumbass stuff. He'll leave you guys as soon as he gets a better job but that's all right we all deserve what we get. He'll make Twitter videos of his journey of running one mile a day.. I hope we get somebody good tough that we use our strong big kids to run it down there damn throats. Let's be what the Big ten used to be.

rough laying down some HARD TRUTH. The Stokes JOKE wont last long. West JOKES got the twitter title holder for sure. Wont even be a conference championship in the Jokers Tenure with Reidsville in the conference and the Bears in the proposed realignment conference. The one Championship the cards got Roughs great granny could've coached the team that won it to the title , just saying.
A kid is leaving east surry and transferring to west stokes…..kids brother plays at Leonor Ryan

rough laying down some HARD TRUTH. The Stokes JOKE wont last long. West JOKES got the twitter title holder for sure. Wont even be a conference championship in the Jokers Tenure with Reidsville in the conference and the Bears in the proposed realignment conference. The one Championship the cards got Roughs great granny could've coached the team that won it to the title , just saying.
Have to give Lowman credit most coaches run from Reidsville. Hopefully West will be put in a different conference soon. Too much travel and too many forfeits. Overall West has been best team in conference counting all sports

Reactions: nwguilford007
Anyone that takes on the responsibility to coach high school football or HS athletics in general deserves, at worst, a little bit of respect. It ain't easy, it's time away from family, for very minimal money, and yes, we choose to do it. Coaches have to make unpopular (and sometimes the wrong) decisions daily. But often they get it right! Most coaches love kids and work to impact kids in a positive manner daily. I don't post often, in fact mainly when looking for games or 7 on 7s for NS...

I worked with Coach Lowman for two years at ES and his dedication to that place and those kids was phenomenal. They beat Reidsville (the 2A champ) that year in one of the most impressive high school performances I've ever witnessed. Coach Diamont is also a close friend and what he did at ES and SS was amazing, should be an NCHSAA HOF. I worked with Coach Kelly Holder right out of college and he is one of the best coaches (and men) I've ever known. Coach Upchurch has a ring at West Stokes and was fun to compete against, first class program. JK Adkins made MA football more physical than ever (combined with a ton of of their usual speed). Monty Southern does more with less at Surry Central and those boys compete year in and year out. Patrick Taylor (OC/HC at NS) brought the Air Raid to Surry County first and we see bits and pieces of it in most teams air attacks today. Jackson Smith has brought a young energy to NS and a conf title in his second year. Austin Taylor is going to be phenomenal HC at MA. Chris Johnson (state champ DC and 13 year HC) is now assisting at NS and brings so much to the table and is an awesome man, Steve Whitt can coach the OL as good as anyone I've seen, Davey Diamont down at Burns doing big things, the list goes on and on....

My point is that pretty much everyone on this list (me included) has been called out on this board at one time or another for something and that's cool, coaches got to have thick skin. But how about some appreciation for everyone mentioned above and for the ones that were not mentioned. There is good football in Northwest NC and that is in large part to the coaches that serve these kids everyday.

Last edited:
Anyone that takes on the responsibility to coach high school football or HS athletics in general deserves, at worst, a little bit of respect. It ain't easy, it's time away from family, for very minimal money, and yes, we choose to do it. Coaches have to make unpopular (and sometimes the wrong) decisions daily. But often they get it right! Most coaches love kids and work to impact kids in a positive manner daily. I don't post often, in fact mainly when looking for games or 7 on 7s for NS...

I worked with Coach Lowman for two years at ES and his dedication to that place and those kids was phenomenal. They beat Reidsville (the 2A champ) that year in one of the most impressive high school performances I've ever witnessed. Coach Diamont is also a close friend and what he did at ES and SS was amazing, should be an NCHSAA HOF. I worked with Coach Kelly Holder right out of college and he is one of the best coaches (and men) I've ever known. Coach Upchurch has a ring at West Stokes and was fun to compete against, first class program. JK Adkins made MA football more physical than ever (combined with a ton of of their usual speed). Monty Southern does more with less at Surry Central and those boys compete year in and year out. Patrick Taylor (OC/HC at NS) brought the Air Raid to Surry County first and we see bits and pieces of it in most teams air attacks today. Jackson Smith has brought a young energy to NS and a conf title in his second year. Austin Taylor is going to be phenomenal HC at MA. Chris Johnson (state champ DC and 13 year HC) is now assisting at NS and brings so much to the table and is an awesome man, Steve Whitt can coach the OL as good as anyone I've seen, Davey Diamont down at Burns doing big things, the list goes on and on....

My point is that pretty much everyone on this list (me included) has been called out on this board at one time or another for something and that's cool, coaches got to have thick skin. But how about some appreciation for everyone mentioned above and for the ones that were not mentioned. There is good football in Northwest NC and that is in large part to the coaches that serve these kids everyday.
Agree 100 percent they have all sacrificed for the kids in their communities. Very talented coaches in our area and looking forward to watch Lowman's teams at West. I was at the East Surry vs Reidsville game also not pulling for either team and definitely worth the price of admission. Most these coaches love the game. Diamont helped at West after ES and Holder has been back at MA.

Last edited:

How old are you?

• Haha
Reactions: MRMAN27030

Let me see if I can pick apart your argument. Without going into detail. A guy who can't make it at his legacy school. Gets brought in for someone who cared about the place. I'm so glad you coached with him. It looks like you're in North Surry fan. Patrick Taylor bringing the air raid to the area. That's a lot of good it's done isn't it. Monty Southern you're right about him the best coach around for what he gets out of his people every year. With a positive outlook and no athletes except once in awhile.. I would probably agree with everything you say. Except for your defense of love Jack. Or LoJack. Depending on whose mom's coming around that day. Or what school is got an opening so that he can go and apply. I don't think East tried to keep him. I think they were tired of his antics. Of his narcissistic bullshit. Then I hear people on here talking about guys transferring. Guys that got waxed by Mount Airy and robbinsville last year. You're hanging your head on your speed on a guy who couldn't catch number three from Mount Airy who had a bum ankle. That's a lot of pressure to put on that kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me see if I can pick apart your argument. Without going into detail. A guy who can't make it at his legacy school. Gets brought in for someone who cared about the place. I'm so glad you coached with him. It looks like you're in North Surry fan. Patrick Taylor bringing the air raid to the area. That's a lot of good it's done isn't it. Monty Southern you're right about him the best coach around for what he gets out of his people every year. With a positive outlook and no athletes except once in awhile.. I would probably agree with everything you say. Except for your defense of love Jack. Or LoJack. Depending on whose mom's coming around that day. Or what school is got an opening so that he can go and apply. I don't think East tried to keep him. I think they were tired of his antics. Of his narcissistic bullshit. Then I hear people on here talking about guys transferring. Guys that got waxed by Mount Airy and robbinsville last year. You're hanging your head on your speed on a guy who couldn't catch number three from Mount Airy who had a bum ankle. That's a lot of pressure to put on that kid.
You just can't help yourself can you. You just keep bringing up personal things that have no right on this board. Embarrassing, but I guess not that embarrassing because you get to be anonymous behind a keyboard. We wonder why the youth of this generation acts the way they do, and then we have parents acting like this, and it all makes sense. Do better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: footballstar_17
Roughtrader just keeps chucking rocks. He isn't "spending his time wisely" and he is still looking for someone who's "energy will match his own".

Id love to be roughs daisy booger boy, but this time i am in full agreeance with all that he is a saying. Truth hurts feelings alot of times. Early prediction - Twitter title goes to West Jokes. One poster ask how old i am ? Im old enough to call a spade a spade when i see it. Old enough to inject humor to the board. But old enough to not give a crap about what one thinks nor give a crap about it. Also old enough to remember the logo this certain poster who proposed this question of my age. The Drama associated with the East Surry program the last few years is known. I will tell you what i say . Coach Diamont was shit on in Pilot Mtn. Was robbed at his chance of a state championship by a group of parents that were running the program and holding it hostage. You can walk the streets of pilot mtn , mt airy and Surry county in general and there aren't to many individuals he hadn't touched. Man was and is nothing but Class. He roamed the little league and vested in the young men early and still picks up the phone when they call as adults. Everyone's kid isn't gonna be that college athlete but the lessons learned through sports transcends way beyond championships or scholarships. Don't get me wrong those are all aspirations but Life skills are much more important. As a coach you have a greater opportunity to impact on a higher level. That means program build, community build , relationship build. Deff not what's happened in pilot. Parents got what they wanted , now that there kids are gone they don't give a damn about the program cause their kids are long gone. Bull crap for the kids that are left and the kids in the pipe line

Whoever gets it will be deseving of it I am certain. But from what I've heard about who might be getting this ES job it looks to me that they have looked over the younger Diamont. I'm not surprised but anyone with half a brain can figure out as to why when he seemed to be the right guy for the job when I heard he applied. maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am

Hearing through the grapevine Logan Holder is the pick for Pilot. If that's the case then week two got real fun. A young Taylor coaching against family in a young holder. This could be fun for many years to come. Question is if Dad follows to run the Offense in Pilot.

Not going to be Holder for sure. Know who it is going to be but can’t say anything until announced officially.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Deana, I think our grapevines are the same. I don't think this will solve any of the issues plaguing East Surry.

Not going to be Holder for sure. Know who it is going to be but can’t say anything until announced officially.
Not trying to say he doesn’t deserve it, but how old is Holder? It is an awful high profile job.

The ES job is not the job it was 6-10 years ago. The great staff during the Diamont and Lowman years have all left or stopped coaching football. The issues with administration, an AD who is inexperienced and a community that is divided to its core, has been stated over and over on here.. Sadly, I believe because of all of this, the program will never hire a veteran coach the likes of Diamont and Lowman again. I believe this hire will start a cycle of being a revolving door of coaches and be a stepping stone job for coaches to get their experience before moving on to more money or better situations. A veteran or proven coach won’t entertain that job with all the negativity that has been put out about it.

The ES job is not the job it was 6-10 years ago. The great staff during the Diamont and Lowman years have all left or stopped coaching football. The issues with administration, an AD who is inexperienced and a community that is divided to its core, has been stated over and over on here.. Sadly, I believe because of all of this, the program will never hire a veteran coach the likes of Diamont and Lowman again. I believe this hire will start a cycle of being a revolving door of coaches and be a stepping stone job for coaches to get their experience before moving on to more money or better situations. A veteran or proven coach won’t entertain that job with all the negativity that has been put out about it.
You are absolutely right.

When will the ES Coaching Announcement be???
I thought it was going to be approved this past Tuesday. Obviously that did not happen but also apparently some people know who has been selected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT