ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley vs Rose 3A State Championship

Why such a difference between west and east? What is the east doing wrong? East is trash year in and year out.... Thoughts?
Idk about the larger classes but 2A and down it’s usually offensive philosophy.

West is more new school aka spread, passing a lot, balanced.

East is more old school. Power running game. Wing-T, T formation, Single Wing etc.

Only pass when they must and usually don’t have to till championship game, and when run is shut down, they don’t have experience passing and don’t have a line that can pass block.

Idk about the larger classes but 2A and down it’s usually offensive philosophy.

West is more new school aka spread, passing a lot, balanced.

East is more old school. Power running game. Wing-T, T formation, Single Wing etc.

Only pass when they must and usually don’t have to till championship game, and when run is shut down, they don’t have experience passing and don’t have a line that can pass block.
No!! We run spread just like you girls

Eastern Alamance wouldn't win 1a. Eastern Randolph come to mind? Eastern Randolph got thrashed by Murphy in 1a playoffs.

Eastern Alamance wouldn't win 1a. Eastern Randolph come to mind? Eastern Randolph got thrashed by Murphy in 1a playoffs.
Stop it… most of EA best players did not play that game. How would this game look if Dudley was missing qb, wr, rb and 4 defensive starters?

Just honest my man. We rep the same team, trust me, I hate to say it... But in 3a and 4a, west owns dat a$$. 1 and 2a (smaller schools) a good player or 2 may make a difference here and there.
If East could just jump to playoffs without playing anyone, think it would be the same?

Havelock
Rose
Jacksonville
New Bern

thats 4 top teams all in the same conference… Am I the only thing me that seems to see it???

Jahmeir Slade just threw for a TD before the Half and in the 3rd, ran 35 yards fo another. Dudley used to play and scrimmage Dudley, Dudley had no problem with them in the past. Plus E. Alamance just learned how to get passed Havelock. Still loss to Jacksonville. Is there another team you would love to put up against Dudley? 1966, 2007, 2008, 2013, 2016 and 2021 Championships!
Yawning 🥱!!!

98 was the record. This one has 103 and Dudley has the record with 69. A quarter to go.

Last edited:
Looking good in Greensboro here lately. Dudley's back. Grimsley with their championship last year. Even Page has been to the championship 3 times in the last 10 years. And Smith....well, Smith has a football team lol. But yeah, it looks like it might be Greensboro's turn to produce championship football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT