ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley vs Rose 3A State Championship

I don't know man if you go on the 1a boards some posters have Mitchell in a blowout won
Thats why they play the games. Mitchell does have a great line and a good back. this game could be over in an hour with the two clock chewing offenses. I dont know if Mitchell can match up with the speed of Tarboro, but they can sure play smashmouth. We will find out tomorrow.

Congratulations to Dudley kids and coaching staff. Congratulations to Rose as well. Nobody thought you score 40. That was a D2 college team. My goodness that was a awesome looking high school football team right there. They definitely were who everyone said they were. Congratulations Panthers!
Jville will be in it next yr. Watch out#

Thats why they play the games. Mitchell does have a great line and a good back. this game could be over in an hour with the two clock chewing offenses. I dont know if Mitchell can match up with the speed of Tarboro, but they can sure play smashmouth. We will find out tomorrow.
I give the speed advantage to tarboro but I give the strength up front advantage to Mitchell. That being said though tarboro has played a lot of offensive lines and defensive lines this year that were bigger than them and they found a way to get it done. I'm expecting a good one tomorrow. Sorry for hijacking the 3a thread lol.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Dudley will be back in the mix I think. They have a Freshmen QB 6-2 Domaine Vann who got a lot 2nd half playing time during the regular season. He has a rocket arm and very accurate. Plus he a Baseball Standout at Pitcher committed to the Univ of Miami Hurricanes. Very mature your man. They have young Receiving Core coming back with Freshmen 6-2 (180) WR/DB Nasir Newkirk and Junior 6-2 R.J. Baker. They were the 2nd and 3rd leading Receivers behind Mehki Wall. Plus Sophmore WR 6-2 Savoi Edwards. I feel Dudley's passing game is going to be something for 2022. #8 RJ Baker also rushed for 1206 yards, will be back. Senior Micheal Shaw and Baker both ran for over 1200 yards. They have a great core of LBs and DLs that was backups, but got quality playing time for 2 half in a few games this season. However, we got to see how hungry they are during the off season, weight training and 7 on 7 next year. That Defensive and Offensive Line will have some experience, but them jelling will be the key.

Last edited:
No surprises here with this final score. Rose's defense had given up alot of points during the year. Nevertheless, congrats to both teams on getting there and of course Dudley winning tha' ship. However, I still believe Statesville should be ranked 2nd behind Dudley in the final poll. They probably won't but next season can't come soon enough and we will be loaded!!!

As predicted. I said 3-4 touchdowns minimum with the potential for a running clock, which actually looked possible a couple of times. A little bit of a sloppy game for two teams in the finals but a total physical mismatch. Rose had some moments but wasn't going to have enough of them as this was physical boy football versus a good team with a few playmakers. Dudley simply ran grounder pounder football with a few shots down the field. Coach Davis has pretty much cemented his place in the NC football hall of fame and achieved icon status given his year-to-year consistency. He deserves the recognitio. Congrats to Dudley on their season and their program. They have become one of those teams that nobody likes to play. You might beat them on the rare occasion, but regardless, you will come out of the game beaten and bruised up.

KM will definitely be in the mix next year. KM will be returning around 17 starters, two great kickers, and a ton of other kids who played a lot due to injuries. Also added to this mix will be some really good jv players moving up to varsity. Excited to see some of the young KM guys progress next season after another year in the weight room.

Both teams should be congratulated for reaching the summit of competitiveness. Although neither team will be able to win, they will both be able to walk home knowing that they have accomplished greatness.

Dudley congrats on a great win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT