ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley at Crest Round 4

@New3ra, I believe you've seen both Dudley and WC play. How would you compare the teams on both sides of the ball?
My bad for the late response. Been busy and not posting as much.

Yes, I’ve seen them both quite a bit. I got a good feel for both by seeing them against Hough and then against Northeast which really confirmed what I already knew about the two.
Dudley’s a different beast than West Charlotte. I just feel as if they have so many dimensions to their offense and West Charlotte is limited to what they can do. Once you stop West Charlotte from running there’s not much else they can do. Which is why they only had Northeast down 7-0 at half versus Dudley who had them down 42-0 at half. West Charlotte also didn’t hit 30 points in any of the 3 playoffs games they’ve played in. West Charlotte’s 29 points on Crest was the most scored in their last 5 games. I’ve seen Dudley go to a two back set, one back set, empty, 12 or 13 personnel, use an athlete and also run a different offense. Which is one of the reasons I’m leaning towards them tomorrow. When teams make adjustments, who has more in the arsenal?.
Defensively, I think they have better, longer athletes on the back end than West Charlotte. Up front they’re similar in the sense that they both have big bodies in the middle and game wreckers off the edges. #20 and #4 for WC and #12 and #33 for Dudley. Dudley has a lot more depth on the defensive line and can play a faster group or a mix of size/speed. I was shocked at how well WC did on the back end as far as coverage goes. Going into the game I felt as if #1 pee wee was the only really good db. (I know KD plays it at times but I was referring to the others).

I don’t think Crest should show up after that testimonial. Sounds like we’re grass and Dudley is a lawnmower. I hoped he would have discussed their schedule and maybe said one word about what Crest would have shown them that they hadn’t seen from the 10 or 12 flat out suck teams they’ve played.

But, it doesn’t matter.

I don’t think Crest should show up after that testimonial. Sounds like we’re grass and Dudley is a lawnmower. I hoped he would have discussed their schedule and maybe said one word about what Crest would have shown them that they hadn’t seen from the 10 or 12 flat out suck teams they’ve played.

But, it doesn’t matter.
@ForsythCo asked for my thoughts on WC versus Dudley on offense and defense. I don’t get how it bothered you or anyone else.The game still has to be played tonight.

Last edited:
He asked for my thoughts on WC versus Dudley on offense and defense. I don’t get how it bothered you or anyone else.The game still has to be played tonight.
My bad bro. You are right. I’m sorry.

I was sort of internet menstruating there for sure.

You do have good insight and your thoughts on WC and Crest were very good.

Forgive me.

My bad bro. You are right. I’m sorry.

I was sort of internet menstruating there for sure.

You do have good insight and your thoughts on WC and Crest were very good.

Forgive me.
No hard feelings, good luck to your chargers tonight.

Reactions: crestrulz
Gonna be a great night for football. Dudley is an outstanding team but they did face a lot of porous defenses this year. It looks like, just based off of numbers, the best 2 teams they faced defensive wise...1 gave up 50 to North Lincoln and the other had 5 shut outs but only beat 1 team with a winning record.

Gonna be a great night for football. Dudley is an outstanding team but they did face a lot of porous defenses this year. It looks like, just based off of numbers, the best 2 teams they faced defensive wise...1 gave up 50 to North Lincoln and the other had 5 shut outs but only beat 1 team with a winning record.
Hopefully we can apply the pressure to them and see if there are any cracks.

You guys got to understand, those Crest folks have a real short attention span. They also have short memories following a loss. Of course that second part hasn’t been a problem for them this year.
If they will allow I’m gonna sit on the home side. I’ll be the old man in overalls and a SP hat. I’m looking forward to a good close game. Good luck all the way around. Don’t forget, it’s just kids playing a game.

BOth teams have so many ways to beat you. I would not be surprised to see both teams play conservative. Dink and dunk. Move the chains.

You guys got to understand, those Crest folks have a real short attention span. They also have short memories following a loss. Of course that second part hasn’t been a problem for them this year.
If they will allow I’m gonna sit on the home side. I’ll be the old man in overalls and a SP hat. I’m looking forward to a good close game. Good luck all the way around. Don’t forget, it’s just kids playing a game.
Stop by and say hi. We're always on the left side of the press box. Small section of bleachers

Left side of press box small section of stands at the very top.

Can’t wait , let’s see if Dudley is conditioned enough to keep up with the Crest offense. The speed has worn down many teams in the third qtr
And by the looks of it Dudley starters haven’t played deep into the second half of many games this year.
Will be interesting game tonight.

Hey man.... Is South Point kicking off at 7 or 730 this week?

I meant tipping off........my bad.

Jumping College Basketball GIF by Indiana Hoosiers
I don't know or care anything about basketball. I'm not even sure if we have a team in Belmont. But - ya'll just better worry about getting back on track offensively and finding a defense real quick or else it's gonna be lights out Diane.
It is rarely talked about, but the last time SP played Dudley the special teams and defense gave them three scores. A guy I know reminded me of that last week- and once I thought about it he was right. 2 def. TDs and a kickoff return to the 1. All that was done without the SP offense near the field. So in order to beat a team built like Dudley ya'll had better incorporate some scoring from those other groups as well and if you can get 3 non-offensive TDs you have a big chance.

Reactions: crestrulz
Man. Everybody keeps saying. We have to do this and that. Like we're gonna have to get lucky to win. I on the other hand. Think Dudley has to worry about what we can do. I think we match up well with them. The videos i saw . Showed receivers wide open for big plays. Sorry to disappoint the haters. But, Dudley is walking into a hornets nest. We didn't get here eating cupcakes.

Man. Everybody keeps saying. We have to do this and that. Like we're gonna have to get lucky to win. I on the other hand. Think Dudley has to worry about what we can do. I think we match up well with them. The videos i saw . Showed receivers wide open for big plays. Sorry to disappoint the haters. But, Dudley is walking into a hornets nest. We didn't get here eating cupcakes.
🖐🏻

If we're walking into a hornets nest ,well call us honey badgers. Because we're coming whether you like it or not.

Trust me. This game has been circled all year. To be the best. You want to play the best. We wanted ya'll last year. All gas is a bad recipe.

Hopefully you are all gas like last year when SP dropped 75 ! I mean 75 on that vaunted defense
We want all the smoke tonight ! Bring it D nutz !
Just like someone talking about last year. At Dudley we're not concerned about last year's young team full of sophomores.One thing we do know is SP put up 49 against yall THIS YEAR! And just like someone to speak on a game that didn't involve Crest nor this year's Crest team. D nutz? Ok you're definitely gonna respect our name and say it correctly. D-Nutz go well with big sausages huh.?

Last edited:
Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Just like someone talking about last year. At Dudley we're not concerned about last year's young team full of sophomores.One thing we do know is SP put up 49 against yall THIS YEAR! And just like someone to speak on a game that didn't involve Crest nor this year's Crest team. D nutz? Ok you're definitely gonna respect our name and say it correctly. D-Nutz go well with big sausages huh.?
Unlike Dnutz we won our SP game.
We will find out soon enough , if you win I will be on here congratulating your team. You just bring that same energy to gift at 11pm
You said it you are BOYZ , that is correct
Can’t wait for all gas no brakes lol
Safe travels
Let’s line em up and see.

If Crest is around in the 4th qt they have a chance.
On paper Dudley should win big.

You can never count these chargers out

Last edited:
If Crest is around in the 4th qt they have a chance.
On paper Dudley should win big.

You can never count these chargers out
Going by paper stats against very very weak opponents I wouldn’t suggest using
Dudley piles up a bunch of stats playing 0-10 , 2-8 this season
I’m ready , let’s go Chargers !
And don’t bring Robinson up they played just as weak of schedule as Dudley did.
#HATEUS

Rulz I’ll try to catch up with you and your gang at halftime. My buddy is a Baptist minister and had to meet with a family about a funeral he’s conducting next week. We just got in the stadium. I’m sitting directly under the scoreboard. About the best I could do.

Reactions: DHS06CENTER69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT