7:30pm

Varsity Football - Davie vs North Davidson - Away

Fri, 10/30

Varsity Football - Davie vs Mt. Tabor (Senior Night) - Home

Fri, 11/06

Varsity Football - Davie vs Parkland - Away
pretty interesting start. Up to conference. Like the fact that rjr and parkland got moved from back to back weeks not saying nothing but as a football fan I knew the outcomes and it made it a boring two week period.

Think Dudley at Dudley going be a good game to prepare us for conference play that I strongely applaud the staff for getting and dropping the smaller schools.

Oh the I formation would look good in Davie County one of these days again. As I listen to the song in my head Dream on Dream on Dream on lol. They didn't run it with Cade I don't know why they would now.

If you ain't seen the new school plans looked them up football stadium going to look nice.

Is Davie playing Mooresville in the Jamboree again? I know theyre there, was wondering if it would be vs us again

Thanks for that info! Was hoping would would play Davie. That means we probably get North Meck.

So im curious- concerning next realignment- what would the Davie fans like to see? A lot of talk about Mooresville and Davie being back in a conference together... Ive heard people say Davie to the south... Ive heard people say Mooresville & Lake Norman to the north to play with the winston area schools. Was curious as to your thoughts? I personally would love to play you guys, W Forsyth, N Davidson, Reynolds, and Reagan

West Rowan will beat Davie County. I expect DC to be good this season, but West Rowan may have the best team they've had in a few years.
I see WR winning their conference this season so don't sleep on them.

West Rowan will beat Davie County. I expect DC to be good this season, but West Rowan may have the best team they've had in a few years.
I see WR winning their conference this season so don't sleep on them.

What does Davie bring back from last yr? I know they had a kid move to Davidson Day but havent heard much other than that

Davie is going to surprise a lot of people. They have a heck of a junior class. A couple of the boys stayed back on jv last year that are Def game changers. Talent will not be what stops Davie. It will depend on the coaches knowing how to use it.

Coaches have been the problem at Davie since Doug left plain and simple. Hope they change things up and give the boys a fighting chance.

I can say many things about our coaches and stuff. I guess we shall see. I can say Davie has a winning program and one of the best programs and backings then many in NC.

Now on to this year. We have a heck of a WR core coming back. QB that's starting played really well last year. He was on his heels a lot I suspect him to be prepared and ready this year. On to Cade man what he would be this year for us if he stayed healthy. I wish him best of luck. I see us a playoff team and contending for cpc.

I'm ready for Aug 21st to come

A tree falls the way it's leaning.

Davie is going to surprise a lot of people. They have a heck of a junior class. A couple of the boys stayed back on jv last year that are Def game changers. Talent will not be what stops Davie. It will depend on the coaches knowing how to use it.
daviemama, can you post the #'s of the players that were held back on JV but are going to be game changers this year?
I hear that our success depends on our "big boys up front" staying healthy. Good luck to all the players and staff that have put in the hard work over the Summer. Only a couple weeks away. Go War Eagles!

I know that there are two receivers that saw no field time on Varsity. Both are great receivers, one of which also will be making a big difference on the definsive line. He's 6'2, 212 and he's smart, plus another junior receiver who didn't play last year but had an outstanding freshman year. Also we have 2 great running backs with speed that very few can catch. Neither of them played Varsity. And the quarterback will be a huge game changer. He is an athlete. Period. They are not lacking. Just need to make sure they run what works for this group of athletes. The next few years Davie has big talent. It will be interesting.

I know that there are two receivers that saw no field time on Varsity. Both are great receivers, one of which also will be making a big difference on the definsive line. He's 6'2, 212 and he's smart, plus another junior receiver who didn't play last year but had an outstanding freshman year. Also we have 2 great running backs with speed that very few can catch. Neither of them played Varsity. And the quarterback will be a huge game changer. He is an athlete. Period. They are not lacking. Just need to make sure they run what works for this group of athletes. The next few years Davie has big talent. It will be interesting.
Thanks, I cannot wait to see them take the field!

I thought Davie showed flashes of looking pretty solid yesterday at the Jamboree. Thought DC was just inconsistent. Really liked the QB (#3). He can hurt teams with his arm as well as his mobility. Oline has good size- but i thought at times they had a hard time holding Lake Normans defensive front at bay. But Penalties.... Those were a killer. Anytime Davie had a drive going, it stalled bc of penalties. At one point i remember Davie had a 4th and 50... Or something really close to that

I thought Davie showed flashes of looking pretty solid yesterday at the Jamboree. Thought DC was just inconsistent. Really liked the QB (#3). He can hurt teams with his arm as well as his mobility. Oline has good size- but i thought at times they had a hard time holding Lake Normans defensive front at bay. But Penalties.... Those were a killer. Anytime Davie had a drive going, it stalled bc of penalties. At one point i remember Davie had a 4th and 50... Or something really close to that
How did the Blue Devils look? I wish they would have played close to us so I could take a look. Hope you guys did well!

How did the Blue Devils look? I wish they would have played close to us so I could take a look. Hope you guys did well!

Eh. We beat North Meck 8-7.. NM scored on the second string defense as time expired. But we were all over the place. We moved the ball decent. Scored once. Qb fumbled once going into the end zone. Then had another once or two drives in the red zone that stalled out due to penalties and cane away with nothing. There definitely were positives on our end but the penalties were concerning.... Thats been a big issue in both scrimmages this week. And our oline has been inconsistent (which surprised me because we return 4 starters). But some of that also may have been due to the fact offensively we did nothing we normally would do in a real game situation as far as personnel/formations. I dont think we will really get a good idea of what we are until Friday night vs WR

Eh. We beat North Meck 8-7.. NM scored on the second string defense as time expired. But we were all over the place. We moved the ball decent. Scored once. Qb fumbled once going into the end zone. Then had another once or two drives in the red zone that stalled out due to penalties and cane away with nothing. There definitely were positives on our end but the penalties were concerning.... Thats been a big issue in both scrimmages this week. And our oline has been inconsistent (which surprised me because we return 4 starters). But some of that also may have been due to the fact offensively we did nothing we normally would do in a real game situation as far as personnel/formations. I dont think we will really get a good idea of what we are until Friday night vs WR
Good luck!

I was surprised Friday vs. Page. Seriously bad coaching and many of the kids overall showed no heart whatsoever. Gonna be a long season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT