ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 7

Back to EB and the splitting schools talk. iF and I mean IF the old EB was together this year we might have the numbers for 3A and we’d be ok. We’d do ok this year in the 3A with that QB and couple of linemen from Valdese area and our WR core would be ok but in 2024 they’d be a weak 3A team. That’s if the old EB was together this year and under 3A numbers. Hypothetically speaking but I like the split. Some may like it some may not.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
BFR, East Lincoln is actually a good team. I think it deflated them after losing to Hickory, but the Tornadoes are really good. It wouldn't surprise me to see them knock off a highly ranked team in the playoffs.
East Lincoln lost their star running back on the first play against Statesville. That injury appeared to deflate the Mustangs. I've heard Daley didn't get to play against West Iredell either. He is a stud and catalyst for the EL team.

Last edited:
Well fellers let me start my EB rant and add to what you’re saying along with my 2 cents.

I’ve not one time complained bout this coach or coaches. I hope Minor stays around and stays around til he needs a walker lol. What he is teaching these boys goes on for the rest of their lives and into eternity if you know what I’m saying . We need a voice like his and a man that has the Lord in his life and brings Christian values to the table without pushing anything on anyone.

As far as what he has to work with on the field that’s what he has to work with. Can’t do much when you’re down with injuries. We’ve came a super long way from getting whooped 50 some points to staying close and we’re in a strong conference we’re any team can beat any team minus West Caldwell cause it’s playing the plays at the right time kinda teams like a chess match.

I’ll have to have a differ opinion on the 2 schools never to have had to separate. I wish we’d had Draughn up and running long long time ago cause with that it gives more kids a chance to play along with being a differ division and really if we were old EB the way we knew it we’d be a 4A team that’d be one and done in playoffs or even not make it most years. We’d be bout like South Caldwell or AC is what I’d figure for most seasons. We did what we did in 07 cause we had Shatley and a good enough cast around him to help him out. Other than that year and 2015 we been in the dumps.

I hyped us up on these boards this year and with the injuries and one guy quitting our stock dropped big time and yet we STILL keep it close. For that I’m proud of our boys. I surely hope next year we have some guys step up cause KJ and Fraley are once in a lifetime type athletes like Shatley that you just won’t replace. And this spring. You know it’s bout to go down.

East Burke CVAC Track and Field conf champs. I can feel it. If we don’t make playoffs we at least got that cause it’s football players mostly on that track doing their thing.
Well said!!

We have a Somp Fraley on JV’s that is getting better!!
Maybe so and from what I understand is more of a LB tackle em up kinda guy but he won’t go doing the hard burst through the line and around the side with a ball like Avery can.

Avery when healthy is a 10+ year in the making remake of Josh Debro(grad in 10’) Debro was all around special minus the dropped kickoff in 07’ against Indy. Widely known for Football and track, especially track. Only guy that will ever compete with Debros marks running and jump marks is Avery Fraley. Only has this season left to do it and I hope his injury won’t put a damper on that.

Buff, Byrd(the lineman) Rees, and younger Fraley will be some of the hopefuls to get this ship going after the tallent loss of this year.

Someone said in another thread Draughn is gonna reload after this year…. Ha. Whatever. Our JV mopped the floor with theirs and ours ain’t even that great but shoulda won a couple of those games tney lost . Draughn losing big time help this year

Maybe so and from what I understand is more of a LB tackle em up kinda guy but he won’t go doing the hard burst through the line and around the side with a ball like Avery can.

Avery when healthy is a 10+ year in the making remake of Josh Debro(grad in 10’) Debro was all around special minus the dropped kickoff in 07’ against Indy. Widely known for Football and track, especially track. Only guy that will ever compete with Debros marks running and jump marks is Avery Fraley. Only has this season left to do it and I hope his injury won’t put a damper on that.

Buff, Byrd(the lineman) Rees, and younger Fraley will be some of the hopefuls to get this ship going after the tallent loss of this year.

Someone said in another thread Draughn is gonna reload after this year…. Ha. Whatever. Our JV mopped the floor with theirs and ours ain’t even that great but shoulda won a couple of those games tney lost . Draughn losing big time help this

Someone said in another thread Draughn is gonna reload after this year…. Ha. Whatever. Our JV mopped the floor with theirs and ours ain’t even that great but shoulda won a couple of those games tney lost . Draughn losing big time help this year
We had the tools this year but losing Buff the first game and Byrd RB/LB and others. With the lack of talent we get in our area You have to have a perfect game and so far we have not had that but so close!!

Well fellers let me start my EB rant and add to what you’re saying along with my 2 cents.

I’ve not one time complained bout this coach or coaches. I hope Minor stays around and stays around til he needs a walker lol. What he is teaching these boys goes on for the rest of their lives and into eternity if you know what I’m saying . We need a voice like his and a man that has the Lord in his life and brings Christian values to the table without pushing anything on anyone.

As far as what he has to work with on the field that’s what he has to work with. Can’t do much when you’re down with injuries. We’ve came a super long way from getting whooped 50 some points to staying close and we’re in a strong conference we’re any team can beat any team minus West Caldwell cause it’s playing the plays at the right time kinda teams like a chess match.

I’ll have to have a differ opinion on the 2 schools never to have had to separate. I wish we’d had Draughn up and running long long time ago cause with that it gives more kids a chance to play along with being a differ division and really if we were old EB the way we knew it we’d be a 4A team that’d be one and done in playoffs or even not make it most years. We’d be bout like South Caldwell or AC is what I’d figure for most seasons. We did what we did in 07 cause we had Shatley and a good enough cast around him to help him out. Other than that year and 2015 we been in the dumps.

I hyped us up on these boards this year and with the injuries and one guy quitting our stock dropped big time and yet we STILL keep it close. For that I’m proud of our boys. I surely hope next year we have some guys step up cause KJ and Fraley are once in a lifetime type athletes like Shatley that you just won’t replace. And this spring. You know it’s bout to go down.

East Burke CVAC Track and Field conf champs. I can feel it. If we don’t make playoffs we at least got that cause it’s football players mostly on that track doing their thing.
BFR Did you say you have a son going to Draughn in the future!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT