ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 10

I must admit, I am rather surprised at the lack of chatter regarding our showdown with the Blue Devils tomorrow night. Both teams need a victory and my Wolves have suffered defeat to the Devils the last 7 years. We started off slow but it looks like the Wolves are starting to find a rhythm, and some confidence. As Beamer stated above, everyone is banged up this time of the year and that certainly could give us some issues since we are rather thin but looks like we have had the “next man up” mentality the past two contests. Anyways, tomorrow night should be another classic to add to the rivalry. Go Wolves!
I think the devils know another beat down is coming

WK 9 MatchupsSIMMONSCALPREPSMASSEYAVG
B @ WCB +44B +39B +33Bandys by 38
BH @ NCBH +23BH+24BH +14Bunker Hill by 20
WL @ EBWL +23WL +21WL +21West Lincoln by 21
M @ LL +8L +10M +4Lincolnton by 4

Reactions: Maiden Creek
**East Burke has not entered stats for their 8th game...so I'm showing the same stat leaders for East Burke as last week

TeamPlayerQB RatPass YdsComp%Pass TDINT
Newton 👿 L Adair117.71,77768.7%249
Bunker HillR Robinson116.21,21162.7%135
MaidenJ Stover115.21,50258.0%185
West LincolnG Allen111.636458.6%21
BandysB Swett106.81,55062.0%178
West CaldwellE Lipford76.866153.8%53
LincolntonA Bost69.31,04649.4%119
East BurkeC Vue37.28960.0%02

TeamPlayerRush YdsYPCRush Tds
Bunker Hill 🐻J Willis Jr1,3499.022
East BurkeJ Dellinger1,2378.513
LincolntonA Bost1,1059.211
West LincolnJ Winnex1,05912.315
MaidenK Roberts5734.68
BandysE Spicer4925.34
NewtonE Okoro4304.75
West CaldwellJ Quesenberry1387.71

TeamPlayerRec YdsRecRec TDs
Bandys ⚔️C Obregon8954311
Bunker HillX McCleave585336
NewtonM Sifford520286
MaidenR Misher393234
LincolntonA Phelps336252
West CaldwellT Dula250161
West LincolnB Sain12561
East BurkeC Morrison6460

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Two games to go. I wonder who will be the First Team QB All-Conference for the CVAC? Five kids arguably have a legitimate shot at being the first team QB.
Newton, Maiden, Bandys teams are not at the top of conference; therefore, easy pick is the QB for BHHS that has led his team to a conference title and a top state ranking. The 24 TD's and 68% is impressive for the Newton QB as well as the 22 RTD's for the RB for BHHS and the 15 for WL. The WR for Bandys with 11 TD's is great, but the yardage for him is more impressive at this point. But I think, my opinion, the QB would def go to the conference leaders who happen to be at the top of most stats and the team is the best.

Newton, Maiden, Bandys teams are not at the top of conference; therefore, easy pick is the QB for BHHS that has led his team to a conference title and a top state ranking. The 24 TD's and 68% is impressive for the Newton QB as well as the 22 RTD's for the RB for BHHS and the 15 for WL. The WR for Bandys with 11 TD's is great, but the yardage for him is more impressive at this point. But I think, my opinion, the QB would def go to the conference leaders who happen to be at the top of most stats and the team is the best.
the difference in some of the stats also is our starters didn’t even play second half of 4 games and we still near the top with our numbers

As a loyal Wolf, I'd have to say A. Bost from Lincolnton. He makes spectacular runs, he throws, he directs and is a leader. To me, he is one of our best quarterbacks, and we have had many.
Got to say, R. Robinson from Bunker Hill is impressive, too. He leads, he's calm, he throws well and most impressively, while in the pocket he can keep his focus downfield when defenders are bearing down on him, as QB's can hear them (defenders) coming.
With the teams we've played, B.Swett, out of Bandys, is smart elusive and has good periphery.
Tomorrow, I'll get to see J. Stover, from Maiden, I'm concerned that I'll get to see more than I want to.
L. Adair, out of Newton-Conover burned us a couple of times with his passing, and frankly, Vue, out of East Burke kept his head well and may provide the Cavaliers a new weapon, the pass, and I'm thinking like I saw where he is an underclassman (maybe a sophomore).

Lincolnton is playing well!!
Thanks bluedevil2022, how I wish that was so about beating them soundly. Our towns are only eight miles apart but since we're from Lincoln County, every time we drive through there they make us register at city hall cause they don't like us and they think none of us have a driver's license, and believe me, they'll come here fired up. I'm hoping we will be, too.

AMD, Not sure but the local grapevine has it, at West Lincoln, they're giving a second and third prize tonight in the drawing. Second place is three kittens, and third is a case of Mountain Dew (The code Red version like the teams uniforms). I'd say they really got it going on up there. Oh, and hey! wouldn't everybody be happy if you won those kittens and brought them home in a cardboard box, Huh ?
Oh, about the food, I commend you for eating at home. You're a working man and they're glad you're at supper, but you can make up for it tomorrow night with some of our stadium vittles.:)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT