ADVERTISEMENT

Crest updates?

Lmbo when exactly did Burns have anyone who would have started for Mallard Creek lately hahahahahahah

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrestMan7
I am still wondering how a top hs quarterback prospect found his way to little old boiling springs from landrum sc.

You really aren't 'wondering' anything. You're insinuating something shady and trying to have fun on a message board. Landrum ain't but 45 or so miles from Boiling Springs, so it's not like folks don't know the way here.

Of course, deep down you know the answer to your wonder is very simple: a family with a talented son made a move to put him better position to achieve his goals.

You've missed me buddy. I KNEW IT.

No worries. I just got bored and thought I'd cast out a line. Works every time... I love idiots. Love them. They make me happy.

You're either hooked to the string or the handles to the string are in your hand.
Not the same withou you.

Stop the accusations of schools' recruiting kids. The appropriate channel is to take it up with the NCHSAA not on NCPreps!! Thank you!!

Thanks Deana, can you point me in the right direction in whom I should contact about recruiting down at the state?

Between Crest, South Point, Shelby, and Chocowinity my 5th grader is being heavily recruited already! Ill wait for a while before reporting though depending upon delivery of my Brand New Dodge Demon..... It doesn't show, Im calling someone

LOL

Thanks Deana, can you point me in the right direction in whom I should contact about recruiting down at the state?

Between Crest, South Point, Shelby, and Chocowinity my 5th grader is being heavily recruited already! Ill wait for a while before reporting though depending upon delivery of my Brand New Dodge Demon..... It doesn't show, Im calling someone

LOL
LOLOLOL

Last edited:
Im not mad, it doesnt affect my life in anyway. Just stating the reality of it. You guys are a tainted program and that is starting to show...

You sure do piss and moan alot for someone that isn't mad!

The only thing that is going to show is that if they choose the right man for the job is that we were fighting with one hand tied behind our backs last year with crap for coaching!

Reactions: Crestuff
You sure do piss and moan alot for someone that isn't mad!

The only thing that is going to show is that if they choose the right man for the job is that we were fighting with one hand tied behind our backs last year with crap for coaching!

I dont piss and moan, I respond when it gets brought up....big difference!

You really aren't 'wondering' anything. You're insinuating something shady and trying to have fun on a message board. Landrum ain't but 45 or so miles from Boiling Springs, so it's not like folks don't know the way here.

Of course, deep down you know the answer to your wonder is very simple: a family with a talented son made a move to put him better position to achieve his goals.
I think more than likely they were giving a road map on how to get there.

Let's say Mom and Dad did move Johnny to a new school so he could win.....That's what's wrong with our society these days. "Hey buddy, if you move schools, it will be easier to win a championship, you won't have to work as hard." What are we trying to teach our kids? There is no pride anymore in where you come from. I don't understand it.

Let's say Mom and Dad did move Johnny to a new school so he could win.....That's what's wrong with our society these days. "Hey buddy, if you move schools, it will be easier to win a championship, you won't have to work as hard." What are we trying to teach our kids? There is no pride anymore in where you come from. I don't understand it.
What? Man, if the situation was reversed, you wouldn't say a word. The hypocrisy is thick in Lawndale. Here is the crux of the issue. There is a Napoleon complex at work. Period.

What? Man, if the situation was reversed, you wouldn't say a word. The hypocrisy is thick in Lawndale. Here is the crux of the issue. There is a Napoleon complex at work. Period.

My son will never take the easy way out. Period!! I wasn't raised that way, and he won't be either. You Liberal Ponies can have your high school state championships. I'm going to raise a real man that knows how to work hard to get what he wants.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
My son will never take the easy way out. Period!! I wasn't raised that way, and he won't be either. You Liberal Ponies can have your high school state championships. I'm going to raise a real man that knows how to work hard to get what he wants.

You should be proud to be raising your son not to take the easy way out. That is a great quality to posses in life. Sometimes, though, it's not about the easy way out, but the smart way out.
As you know, kids who transfer are not automatically awarded starting spots at other schools. Can you not imagine that a kid can be a transfer AND be a hard worker? The ones who came to Crest sure worked their tails off for what they have earned. It's time you acknowledge that and let's be done with this.

I sill find it interesting that sports are the only area where, "you tough it out", but nobody says a word when a transfer happens due to better academics, arts, music, drama etc.

Reactions: seadog28
I am a burns guy but the transfer issue has never bothered me . Line up with what ya got . I do know for a fact the last coach told green he was 'built' like a lineman ........i think as burns fans we should focus on the positives . We have a great coach and some young talent in place. Devine was first class all the way at our banquet tonight ...anyway back on topic best of luck to whomever yall hire .

I sill find it interesting that sports are the only area where, "you tough it out", but nobody says a word when a transfer happens due to better academics, arts, music, drama etc.

Bingo, smashmouth and Bellynole nailed it! Still love kidding you rubes about it, though. :)

But the situation isnt reversed. cant speculate. If we were to get a kid or 2 every now and again then we wouldnt be able to cry foul. Id rather keep it the way it is. My children will play at Burns regardless of the success the team will have that year. If they go to college, it will be for academics

"Liberal Ponies" .....You're such an idiot I don't have a clue where to start with you.....but..... I will...

1st: I would like to see you call out some Dad's over here for not raising "real men"...but this time do it to their "Liberal face" and see how much longer you think liberal.

2nd: For you to think that if you just move to Crest you won't "work as hard and win championships" shows once again you are an idiot. I don't believe anyone in their right mind would say Crest Football as a whole doesn't "work hard"

3rd: No pride in where you come from? I believe the CHS flags flying at the Burns/Crest game showed a little bit of pride in where you come from. But maybe that was only from looking on our side of the stands....

crestrulz, can I get a drum roll please...
We have our Burns idiot of the day

Its not about "the easy way out" it's about exposure!

You Burns fans have this twisted view of reality when it come to your place in Cleveland county football, and North Carolina!

In 1994 2 schools won state championships one took that win and built on it and used it to build their program to an elite level and the other wasn't as lucky or talented or what ever the case may have been!

Burns was headed in the right direction with Beam, IDK what happened there but it hurt your program and it shows you school has to WANT to be elite to be elite from top to bottom and if that's not the case its going to be hard! You want to find your problem look near the top at the administrative level that's where its at!

Crest and Shelby have it from top to bottom and it shows, you can call it dirty or what ever you want but it works when talking about football at every level from grade school to the NFL and you can find cases at all those levels where the top programs are accused, hated on, and slandered but it is just the facts it goes from kids leaving one school for another in high school, or Bama being accused of paying players or working on grades, all the way up to Tom Brady letting the air out of balls!

Its not about "the easy way out" it's about exposure!

You Burns fans have this twisted view of reality when it come to your place in Cleveland county football, and North Carolina!

In 1994 2 schools won state championships one took that win and built on it and used it to build their program to an elite level and the other wasn't as lucky or talented or what ever the case may have been!

Burns was headed in the right direction with Beam, IDK what happened there but it hurt your program and it shows you school has to WANT to be elite to be elite from top to bottom and if that's not the case its going to be hard! You want to find your problem look near the top at the administrative level that's where its at!

Crest and Shelby have it from top to bottom and it shows, you can call it dirty or what ever you want but it works when talking about football at every level from grade school to the NFL and you can find cases at all those levels where the top programs are accused, hated on, and slandered but it is just the facts it goes from kids leaving one school for another in high school, or Bama being accused of paying players or working on grades, all the way up to Tom Brady letting the air out of balls!
I can tell ya what happened and its no secret but after what matt built we simply made a bad hire .....good interviews and winning elsewhere does not always make for a good fit. It set the program back but its headed back up imo.

Only thing that Matt built was excitement for the program. It's no lie the years he was there the talent was there and when it dissipated so did he.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT