ADVERTISEMENT

Crest/Shelby updates

Hey numb nuts, Crest beat Shelby and the "true dynasty" took it in the shorts once again!! Can we move on? Of course the "true dynasty" will win another ship, the local politicians/good ole boys fashion it that way.
No not really,I think they go by the number of students in your school.Just what I have heard.Now go and enjoy the weak 3a.

Shelby has a great football team but we saw your bracket and it literally blows. Not one ounce of competition. It is a joke.

Shelby has a great football team but we saw your bracket and it literally blows. Not one ounce of competition. It is a joke.
Man, you're absolutely right. Who could argue or disagree? I told my brother the exact same thing upon seeing that weak bracket, it's super weak. When you feel your team is the best, you want them to go out and prove it by beating the best. Monroe, High Point Andrews, and East Lincoln are all 2AA. The only somewhat formidable opponent in our weak bracket is Lincolnton. This subdivision shit blows, period.

98Champion , do you talk dynasty in your sleep? ... God your same song and dance year after year sucks...

We all know, we are all time wins leader, we won titles, blah blah blah... Hush for a change.... Thanks, tell everyone hello :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Godevilsgo
98Champion , do you talk dynasty in your sleep? Do us all a favor and pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow..... God your same song and dance year after year sucks...

We all know, we are all time wins leader, we won titles, blah blah blah... STHU for a change.... Thanks, tell everyone hello :)
Lol...

I read it 2 hours ago....Decided to let it go.. I'm glad. I'm not the only one who is tired of hearing his rants . Gotta admire his dedication to the cause.

98Champion , do you talk dynasty in your sleep? Do us all a favor and pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow..... God your same song and dance year after year sucks...

We all know, we are all time wins leader, we won titles, blah blah blah... STHU for a change.... Thanks, tell everyone hello :)
He's one of yours SL. Man can bring hatred on a program without them ever taking the field. I'm going to email my state senator and request Shelby be named Football Dynasty of North Carolina so he will get off Reidsville's azz.

Shelby has a cake walk....crown 'em champs and give their opponents 30 pts each week. They have the most explosive passing game I've ever witnessed in 35+ yrs of watching HS FB and I've seen some really good teams play over the years. It's crazy but I remember not too long ago the Shelby faithful was giving Lance a hard time about changing to the modern day offense. With all those athletes, why wouldn't he??? His bandwagon is pretty full right now lol. Plus you got to give that big tall guy Emory some credit for coming in and implementing Matt Beam's offense :p. Those three wrs are once in a lifetime on the same team the same year. Crazy how things turn out Borders was at Crest Middle and his dad was one of Crest best ever. Wright and Camp are phenoms and the QB is really good as well even though he's not as tall as I thought. I talk to him after the game and was impressed with that young man. Sure hope he gets a chance at the next level. Yep Shelby's offense is impressive and fun to watch......just glad we held it to 6 pts in the second half. That's was a great game with two really great teams. Just hoping Crest can make it 32-0.....no reason not to as long as we stay healthy.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
No not really,I think they go by the number of students in your school.Just what I have heard.Now go and enjoy the weak 3a.

Shelby athletics are shrewdly protected by geographical lines. You know it and I know it. Now join the group who hopes SP doesn't go 2a! Love ya, man!

He's one of yours SL. Man can bring hatred on a program without them ever taking the field. I'm going to email my state senator and request Shelby be named Football Dynasty of North Carolina so he will get off Reidsville's azz.

Wont help, they could be named football dynasty of the East coast, and it wouldn't be good enough for the three headed monster....

And god forbid someone at the Observer don't mention us, they'll go off on a major rant.... Its tired and old and frankly no one cares for their drivel except for the one sitting next to them...

We all know Shelby is a great program without having to be subjected the continual onslaught of rubbish....

I looked at the 3a pairings and I have seen the 1 and 2 seeds and the number 1 seed in the 3aa is the worst number 1 seed of all.And like you said number 3 seed AC is just a one man team that Shelby scored 57 on.Bottom line Crest has a cakewalk.

Guy sitting beside me on Shelby side looked at me and said about Ware "that coach don't know what he's doin." I about swallowed my tongue.

So btango, you had to choose between the Scotland and Shelby games, and Shelby won your self-aggrandizing presence (look it up). We call bull on that - there was no choice.

"Shelby's front seven was battling fatigue and the physicality of Crest by the end of the night." Really? So who stuffed the run twice to set up the 3rd and 14 game saving pass for Crest? That comment coming from you is classic, as in all your previous attempts to diminish Shelby's level of play, real or imagined, against larger schools or broader competition. Nice try, again. We had several knowledgeable broad based spectators around us Friday night that commented both Crest and Shelby would compete well with anyone, even the best in 4A. Do you disagree, btango? Shelby has already defeated several of the top 3A teams this year. And Crest is #1.

Scotland game went to the last play also. A lot of people think Richmond comes out of the east in 4AA this year.

Crest thought they could run Harbison straight ahead on the last series to seal the win. Everyone knew who was getting the ball.

I think Shelby would be competitive with any team in the state as they again proved Friday night. I have big respect for Shelby, always have. Consider your former coach one of the best men that I know.

The QB is really good as well even though he's not as tall as I thought.
Lee is listed at 6'1. He's really about 5'11". RJ, before Lee, was listed at 6'0". He's 5'10", tops. I don't even take high school rosters seriously. You see some of these kids up close and personal, and see that they wouldn't even be their listed height with heels on.

Why did you erase your comment, Shelby Lion? Anyway, at 6'8" 450, you're Big Show with a Shelby hat on .

Man, you're absolutely right. Who could argue or disagree? I told my brother the exact same thing upon seeing that weak bracket, it's super weak. When you feel your team is the best, you want them to go out and prove it by beating the best. Monroe, High Point Andrews, and East Lincoln are all 2AA. The only somewhat formidable opponent in our weak bracket is Lincolnton. This subdivision shit blows, period.
It wasn't disrespect. Like it was said above that is the best passing attack I have witnessed personally and I've saw a ton of games. Man Shelby is fantastic. You have no competition in 2A. It's not Shelbys fault. Your numbers are your numbers. It's has to be as boring as our conference for you.

Sometimes I get in trouble for what I'm thinking, but here goes. We in Cleveland County are blessed to have the teams and fan bases that we have. All four schools have had success over the years. I have to think playing schools that are also rich in tradition helps us in the long run. You
don't have to like the South Points, ACR,Asheville, Charlotte Catholic, and the likes. I stopped the list(it could go on and on). If you are smart you respect these programs because they love their high school football and the kids that play as much as we do. I love playing these schools because it makes you better in the long run. Kudos to Crest and Shelby, one of the best games that I have seen in a while. I hadn't been around in a while because the wife has been seriously ill. Just wanted to wish all luck in the playoffs except when you play Crest. Good Luck to Sea Dog and the Raiders. You are a class act, SD.

It wasn't disrespect. Like it was said above that is the best passing attack I have witnessed personally and I've saw a ton of games. Man Shelby is fantastic. You have no competition in 2A. It's not Shelbys fault. Your numbers are your numbers. It's has to be as boring as our conference for you.

Screw it. Lets combine Crest and Shelby and just take over NC...I'm not not being funny either. We could, would, and should own this state if Crest and Shelby would merge...It would be unfair.

We are looking at a possible Thanksgiving game with Hendersonville. Shelby is 3a level most years with 2a numbers.

I agree with alot of post above, I sat and talked with Lance and crew last week, Lance was hoping,along with me that we play in 2aa...The 2a bracket is a joke....half those teams dont deserve to be in...
As a fan its sad knowing u have a once in many year team with athletes everywhere and not going to get to see how they fare against the other best 2a schools.
Crest 94-96 ..Crestrulz, thanks for the props for our team...last couple years Crest has had the elite teams,this year we had mirror image,
Hate we lost,but somebody had to,just glad both team left it on field,and we (fans) got a once in life show....

Oh and i was talking to my boy Jamie Smith, and he said samething 94-96 said about the passing of Shelby, and Jamie wss a gun-Slinger for Crest back in the day..

Your post wasn't perceived as disrespect, you were just being real. I was immediately disappointed after seeing our bracket, literally numb for a few seconds. Seeing that we wouldn't be playing the likes of East Lincoln, Monroe, and High Point Andrews, teams who I have watched closely all season, was a major let down.

We have a special team at Shelby this season, and in my opinion, no team in all of 2A would come within 14 points of us. Most, with the exception of maybe 2 to 3 teams, would get blown off the field, but it does no good when we're unable to go out prove it. When we do indeed when the state, absolutely destroying all opposition in the process, people are going to use this weak bracket that we're playing in against us afterwards, and it will be unfair to this special Shelby team, the best team in all of 2A, one of the best teams in all of 3A.

Last edited:
You can't control who you play in the playoffs, all you can do is play whoever comes up and beat em'. The split brackets are a joke. That's on the NCHSAA and the coaches. More on the NCFCA.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I think Shelby would be competitive with any team in the state as they again proved Friday night. I have big respect for Shelby, always have. Consider your former coach one of the best men that I know.

btango, we accept your confirmation and welcome you with no further admonishment. We do insist that you honor your own statement as we discuss that topic elsewhere.

Shelby Lion, you tax our patience, but we will continue to avoid the temptation to verbally attack you on this public forum. Trust us, you would regret it. We maintain a policy of "not eating our own" on Rivals. You know who we are and where we sit etc. If you have beef with us, we challenge you to take it up with us privately. Any one of us. Anytime. There is a lot you do not understand.

We respect your right to voice your positions and concerns, even if we disagree. All we ask is the same.

^LOL!!!!

Napoleon threatened you SL........ How dare you tax their patience!!!!

r
Shelby Lion, you tax our patience, but we will continue to avoid the temptation to verbally attack you on this public forum. Trust us, you would regret it. We maintain a policy of "not eating our own" on Rivals. You know who we are and where we sit etc. If you have beef with us, we challenge you to take it up with us privately. Any one of us. Anytime. There is a lot you do not understand.

We respect your right to voice your positions and concerns, even if we disagree. All we ask is the same.

I regret nothing loud mouth ... Everyone that is within earshot of preps or can read is sick to death of you.... Its the constant whining, belittlement of other teams accomplishments all to build up a program that does NOT need to be built up!!!! You can take your "Not eating your own" and shove it up your Dynasty.... I don't give two craps what you three think.... You don't have to like it.... Sometimes the truth hurts, and frankly everyone is sick to death of you all

Verbally attack? Really? Im stating an opinion just like you do... and my opinion is you should give it a rest with the constant babble and nonsense..... I don't care if you and your other two like it or not...Rivals is one thing, being obnoxious constantly is another

r

I regret nothing loud mouth ... Everyone that is within earshot of preps or can read is sick to death of you.... Its the constant whining, belittlement of other teams accomplishments all to build up a program that does NOT need to be built up!!!! You can take your "Not eating your own" and shove it up your Dynasty.... I don't give two craps what you three think.... You don't have to like it.... Sometimes the truth hurts, and frankly everyone is sick to death of you all

Verbally attack? Really? Im stating an opinion just like you do... and my opinion is you should give it a rest with the constant babble and nonsense..... I don't care if you and your other two like it or not...Rivals is one thing, being obnoxious constantly is another
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT