ADVERTISEMENT

Crest at Catholic LLP

I feel for them, too. The kids left it on the field. The playing calling, Crest’s last trip deep into the red zone, was way too conservative, in my opinion. It was as if they were playing for a field goal.
Kicking game hasn’t been good to the Chargers all season..surprised we didn’t slip hall into the middle and let TJ throw the jump pass like we did a few other times...

Reactions: CrestMan7
Kicking game hasn’t been good to the Chargers all season..surprised we didn’t slip hall into the middle and let TJ throw the jump pass like we did a few other times...
Bro, that’s the play I was looking for!

knew it would be no easy game for CC, you eventually have a down year somewhere. if these guys get to regionals or states it will be by inches and with lots of lucky breaks, it won't be by dominating. BUT ALOT of real young talent coming up. If you want to get them now might be your chance.
These kids can still write their own tough story and prove me wrong

Reactions: notanyonesfan
knew it would be no easy game for CC, you eventually have a down year somewhere. if these guys get to regionals or states it will be by inches and with lots of lucky breaks, it won't be by dominating. BUT ALOT of real young talent coming up. If you want to get them now might be your chance.
These kids can still write their own tough story and prove me wrong
The Cougars passed more than I expected it kinda looks like they are transitioning to future 4A ball.

Congrats Catholic. I said knock the hell out of them rich preppy pope boys. Crest tried their best. Sounds like they did a decent job. Unfortunately it just wasn't in the cards. Also unfortunately for Catholic, Kings Mountain is right around the corner...good luck, you'll need it.

Game was physical with both having opportunities in the last 5 minutes. Whether a fan of either school or not, it was entertaining. Crest looked like they were cakewalking to a running clock in the first quarter but Catholic was able to adjust to their speed after. As predicted, it was physical and the line play was critical. Both teams left it on the field and both went home sore and beat up. These are programs that are in the playoffs year in and year out. A down year means the run doesn't go as deep in the playoffs but if the most talented team brings their B game against them, they will get beat. Congrats to both teams in a challenging season. Hope the Cougars can physically recover for the next round. Teams will not get slower.

TUFF LOSE FOR THE CHARGERS.
I would say that Charlotte Catholic from here on out will play every opponent hard to honor their long time coach Jim Oddo. It was looking like Crest had this game in the bag and CC played a little harder and chipped away at Crest's lead and ending up with the win. As for Kings Mountain CC has knocked them out of the playoffs twice and they did hang with them their last meeting where it took them seven overtimes to knock off the Mountaineers.

Last edited:
I can assure you that THE YOUNG MOUNTIES would LOVE a REMATCH with CC, this time it would be on MOUNTAINEER TURF. But first things first must not overlook a very good MONROE TEAM NEXT WEEK.
Just get back to the Mountaineer Club and hang out with the other drunks on the deck leaning over the hand rail with your PBR‘s and bloody Mary’s. Leave the football to powerful Charlotte Catholic.

2ntaedz-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Just get back to the Mountaineer Club and hang out with the other drunks on the deck leaning over the hand rail with your PBR‘s and bloody Mary’s. Leave the football to powerful Charlotte Catholic.

2ntaedz-1.jpg
PBR s nahhh gotta be Natty Light.

I can assure you that THE YOUNG MOUNTIES would LOVE a REMATCH with CC, this time it would be on MOUNTAINEER TURF. But first things first must not overlook a very good MONROE TEAM NEXT WEEK.

Didn't we HAVE a discussion on here last YEAR (maybe before, who knows, I'm OLD) about RANDOM capitalization?

Congrats to Catholic on the win. Crest had their chances but came up short. Wish we could of seen this offense with DJ at QB and Eli at LB. Thanks to the Sr's for your contributions to the Crest program. I believe this was the FR class when Coach Eddins took over. Looking forward to the fall.

Reactions: Crestuff
Congrats to Catholic on the win. Crest had their chances but came up short. Wish we could of seen this offense with DJ at QB and Eli at LB. Thanks to the Sr's for your contributions to the Crest program. I believe this was the FR class when Coach Eddins took over. Looking forward to the fall.
And it will be here soon. The quick turnaround will be as strange as spring ball. Coaches gonna be working non stop .

Reactions: smashmouth5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT