ADVERTISEMENT

CREST AT BURNS

one year seemed to change yours....

Only to those desperate to get out of the shadow. Like I said win some games for a couple years then that respect you think you have earned might make an appearance. Instead of being ignored and largely irrelevant path you guys have been on.

Only to those desperate to get out of the shadow. Like I said win some games for a couple years then that respect you think you have earned might make an appearance. Instead of being ignored and largely irrelevant path you guys have been on.

Whatever dude. Our run while Beam was there was impressive but you arrogant pricks still won't admit it. Regardless of what you think, we don't need your approval for us to be a respectable program.

I see the dogs and ponies trying to take each other out of there game plan a little trick play here and there for both, ponies on top by 14 and as for Shelby the ponies could mess a perfect season up
If the chargers actually score more than a TD against Shelby, I would be extremely surprised.

I make one little post and all hell breaks loose on here. My job here is done once again. I put the spoon in and stirred it up a little. I think after reviewing the multiple pages that have been added since my departure last night that this is what this week should look like on this site. In my 56 years I have never read so much denial. The greatest thing besides the year after year stuff I am used to is Crest02 saying how Burns is down every 5 or 6 years but we have a topic on this site that is titled "Improvement". There are tons of programs in this state and even in this conference that would kill for the records Burns has every year. The thing that stood out was the word "mediocre". He has to be a Falcons fan to say that word.

Whatever dude. Our run while Beam was there was impressive but you arrogant pricks still won't admit it. Regardless of what you think, we don't need your approval for us to be a respectable program.

Way you keep bringing it up it sounds like you do need approval. Just win and it won't matter.

I make one little post and all hell breaks loose on here. My job here is done once again. I put the spoon in and stirred it up a little. I think after reviewing the multiple pages that have been added since my departure last night that this is what this week should look like on this site. In my 56 years I have never read so much denial. The greatest thing besides the year after year stuff I am used to is Crest02 saying how Burns is down every 5 or 6 years but we have a topic on this site that is titled "Improvement". There are tons of programs in this state and even in this conference that would kill for the records Burns has every year. The thing that stood out was the word "mediocre". He has to be a Falcons fan to say that word.

You've now compared Burns to Burke and Rutherford County schools. Way to aim high.

You've now compared Burns to Burke and Rutherford County schools. Way to aim high.
If that is all you got from that you have confirmed every negative thing said about you. You have also confirmed that you are a Falcons fan. I hope they build the auditorium where those trailers are because they did not help you at all. Improvement? The "wanna be dynasty" has a thread called improvement. Crest has the upper hand in history on Burns and that I will not deny, but your program is not half of what you think it is. You talk like you are Shelby and above all in the county in history but we all know the truth. At least they do it the right way.

Burns 21 - Crest 7 is my prediction. 2 great defenses. Burns offense is good enough to put up 3 tds ecspecially if we can get some good field position from defensive stops. Crest's offense has struggled this year but Burns D gave up a couple big plays 2 weeks ago agains Shelby so I wouldn't be surprised to see them give up a big play or a kickoff return. I don't really expect Creat to find much more success on offense unless Burns turns the ball over a lot which we can do. This will definitly be an interesting game.

Last edited:
If that is all you got from that you have confirmed every negative thing said about you. You have also confirmed that you are a Falcons fan. I hope they build the auditorium where those trailers are because they did not help you at all. Improvement? The "wanna be dynasty" has a thread called improvement. Crest has the upper hand in history on Burns and that I will not deny, but your program is not half of what you think it is. You talk like you are Shelby and above all in the county in history but we all know the truth. At least they do it the right way.

Falcons suck. They had one great season going to the Super Bowl. You can empathize with that as a Burns guy. Never said Crest was above Shelby. That is just more nonsense Burns fans need to invent like unfair refs and other random theories to justify their failure. All I said about Burns is that it is way way way way below Crest and had no reason to talk.

As long as there are 3 high schools in Cleveland County (We all know Kings Mtn really wants to be in Gaston County), this horse will never stand a chance......

If our d line can control the game and put pressure on either qb i think we can win the game. We need multiple 3 and outs . We also have to get good play out of our special teams. Burris should be 100 % and i look for him to make an impact

Reactions: coondog8585
I know the score was bad last night (couple pick 6's doesn't help), but did any of you Crest guys go to the game? I haven't made a JV game this year, just wondering what you thought about our JV's. Specifically the QB. I think he's the heir apparent for the next 3 years.

I know the score was bad last night (couple pick 6's doesn't help), but did any of you Crest guys go to the game? I haven't made a JV game this year, just wondering what you thought about our JV's. Specifically the QB. I think he's the heir apparent for the next 3 years.
I have watched a good bit of JV ball as well as practice. The JV QB has a strong arm, probably the strongest of any qb in the program, and great size. Accuracy is an issue but that will come with time.... The kid has only been playing football a couple of years and IMO can be coached up to be a really good QB....whether he will ready next year is a good question....but with an offseason to condition followed by spring ball and summer workouts i would say yes. Devine has improved alot as well and will be a rising senior so those two will battle it out.

How bad was if ?

I have watched a good bit of JV ball as well as practice. The JV QB has a strong arm, probably the strongest of any qb in the program, and great size. Accuracy is an issue but that will come with time.... The kid has only been playing football a couple of years and IMO can be coached up to be a really good QB....whether he will ready next year is a good question....but with an offseason to condition followed by spring ball and summer workouts i would say yes. Devine has improved alot as well and will be a rising senior so those two will battle it out.

I thought Devine was a senior this year. That will be good to have a battle between the two of them.

34-6 hhmmmm.....future looks bright in chargerland...Throw in a few burns transfers. Another ship in the future ?

Knew I was gonna get a wise a$$ remark thrown in here. Wouldn't expect anything else from "love it in the backer." This is a big reason why Crest has been better, because they have depth. We don't. We have good players at almost every position, but past that, no depth. If we have a really good freshman or sophomore, they're probably on varsity. That's why our JV program isn't successful year in and year out.

Knew I was gonna get a wise a$$ remark thrown in here. Wouldn't expect anything else from "love it in the backer." This is a big reason why Crest has been better, because they have depth. We don't. We have good players at almost every position, but past that, no depth. If we have a really good freshman or sophomore, they're probably on varsity. That's why our JV program isn't successful year in and year out.

This makes sense. I do want to point out, though, that Crest JV is doing well this year without a whole bunch of sophomores who are playing varsity. Varsity has 16 sophomores on the roster, 11 of which have started games.

This makes sense. I do want to point out, though, that Crest JV is doing well this year without a whole bunch of sophomores who are playing varsity. Varsity has 16 sophomores on the roster, 11 of which have started games.

Hence......the depth.

I thought about this game all week. I predict Crest to pull the "upset" against the Bulldogs 20-13.

Very tough night for our best RB Aaron Hill on senior night. Went down on first play and probably won't return. That's a big loss for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT