ADVERTISEMENT

2A Clinton at Northside-Jax(Dec 14)

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Probably the biggest game of the early season so far as 5-0 Clinton travels to take on defending 2A champs now 3A Northside-Jax(6-0).....Clinton was eliminated by Northside-Jax in the 4th roumd of last years 2A playoffs so far this season both teams have pretty much owned their opponents with Northsides closest game a 50-45 win over New Hanover and Clinton’s closest game a 69-61 win over Southern Wayne.....both teams are tall and athletic should be great match ups all over the court....this should be a very good game

Kenny Dye will be the best player on the court, but I still like Clinton in this game. Clinton by 10.

And you cant help but wonder “what if” Marcus Boykin doesnt transfer to Harrells....if he was still at Clinton you would probably be looking at the best team in the state regardless of classification....Boykin putting up some good numbers for HCA

And you cant help but wonder “what if” Marcus Boykin doesnt transfer to Harrells....if he was still at Clinton you would probably be looking at the best team in the state regardless of classification..../QUOTE]

Sorry but that’s not even close to being true. Should probably head to Concord and see Cox Mill play.

I believe I said “what if” keyword being “if” didnt state it was a fact....everyone is entitled to a opinion....im sure Cox Mill is good being defending 3A state champs

I set up this account just for this post. I am a father of a child soon to be playing basketball for Clinton High School. After last nights game I choose to no longer keep my silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote from head Coach of Northside Toney Marshburn from www.jdnews.com

Near the end the game got chippy after two hard fouls by Clinton that were called intentional, which prompted a police presence in the halfway outside the locker rooms.

“I thought they should have showed more sportsmanship,” Marshburn said. “They really came after Kenny several times. I thought it got dangerous right out there at the end. But I thought our kids kept our composure and they didn’t.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Davis should be the Head Coach why administration continues to ignore this is beyond me

Quote from head Coach of Northside Toney Marshburn from www.jdnews.com

Near the end the game got chippy after two hard fouls by Clinton that were called intentional, which prompted a police presence in the halfway outside the locker rooms.

“I thought they should have showed more sportsmanship,” Marshburn said. “They really came after Kenny several times. I thought it got dangerous right out there at the end. But I thought our kids kept our composure and they didn’t.”

I set up this account just for this post. I am a father of a child soon to be playing basketball for Clinton High School. After last nights game I choose to no longer keep my silence.

As I said on other thread, take it up with AD or Principal. You call out a coach behind a screen name. Sign your name next time to it.

so Jordan gets suspended for two games with his history....SMH!..you get what you pay for!!! The parents are really ready to pull their kids out. This is going to get really bad I think.
Its amazing how people will cover up things when someone speaks the truth....even on a message board like this. block me, I dont care. If you are erasing something someone else said, sign your name to it NUT!

As I said , he needs to take this up with AD or Principal. Not here. I’m not sure what or where you are speaking of, but it’s only me and I probably didn’t see it.

I am not picking on you, you have been around a long time and thank you for that. But you are not free to post what you want. Read the rules, they are pinned at the top of most categories. He comes on and bashes a coach in his first post, some smack talk is allowed but I am not allowing coach bashing.

Time to move on to next game.

so Jordan gets suspended for two games with his history....SMH!..you get what you pay for!!! The parents are really ready to pull their kids out. This is going to get really bad I think.
Its amazing how people will cover up things when someone speaks the truth....even on a message board like this. block me, I dont care. If you are erasing something someone else said, sign your name to it NUT!

What is his "history"?

Well speak into the mic, do u have any info on the “history” that the poster mentioned earlier. Any info why the Boykin brothers left Clinton?

Last edited:
My great friend, history is in the making . Prior misgivings don't count when you hire someone. Not worth talking bout. The boykin family saw greener pastures to graze in and it shall work out for the best for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT