ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Goldsboro WK1

Goob, it has to take a lot not to post for as long as you did, good luck this year to you Eagles. Fly Eagles Fly!
I’ve been reading everything over the past months and your right it was hard not to post. If what I’ve been reading holds true then it looks like your Darkhorses are poised for a big season. I hope you guys kick ass over there in Sampson because there is so much tradition over there and a awesome stadium.

@daagoob welcome back. I know you love your kickers have a chance to check out our freshmen he may remind you of your guy Caleb Brickhouse
Oh yeah I’ve been reading your posts about the Freshman kicker. Caleb is the reason we were able to keep our state championship game in Winston Salem against Reidsville close. He kept those Rams pinned back all game. If he’s as good as advertised you guys will have a fun next four years. Fortunately for us Coach Moore didn’t hold Caleb back, he give him every opportunity to shine. Please post some videos of him up here as the season progresses

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’ve been reading everything over the past months and your right it was hard not to post. If what I’ve been reading holds true then it looks like your Darkhorses are poised for a big season. I hope you guys kick ass over there in Sampson because there is so much tradition over there and a awesome stadium.
Thanks Goob, next time your down this way, let me know, We can catch up.

Well rumor mill Goldsboro doing everything to avoid this game which explains why they didn’t want to move it up to tonight…..One Clinton Coach is particularly not happy and I agree with him……..Goldsboro better pray the weather doesn’t change miraculously cause I believe they are going to see the full might of the Clinton Darkhorses……….my thing is if you don’t wanna compete you could of said something months ago and arrangements could of been made…..I guess take back my previous statement on Goldsboro’s coach

Well rumor mill Goldsboro doing everything to avoid this game which explains why they didn’t want to move it up to tonight…..One Clinton Coach is particularly not happy and I agree with him……..Goldsboro better pray the weather doesn’t change miraculously cause I believe they are going to see the full might of the Clinton Darkhorses……….my thing is if you don’t wanna compete you could of said something months ago and arrangements could of been made…..I guess take back my previous statement on Goldsboro’s coach
Unless they have a valid reason not to move the game up I think it sould be a Forfit.

Unless they have a valid reason not to move the game up I think it sould be a Forfit.
I agree but at the end of the day it’s not just about the Win like a coach pointed out they are missing a week of film and player evaluation,adjustments etc that they can’t get back if you have no intentions of playing why waste peoples time. And for a new coach at Goldsboro trying to build a program what kind of lesson is this for his players?

I hope the game gets played and we hang 70+ on them run it up.Then drop them from any and all future schedules in ALL sports. Clearly some sneaky unethical stuff going on over there

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
I hope y'all drop Goldsboro too. There's a team about an hour and 40 minutes from Clinton I'm sure y'all would love to play 😁. Judging about what I've seen so far in this thread I definitely think y'all should drop them.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Tarboro has played just about everybody around Clinton except for Clinton Lol. I'm sure if enough people spoke up it could happen it would be better than the team y'all are facing tonight.
Yea sir. As of right now we are not playing them tonight which has led to these rumors of them possibly trying to avoid a game altogether……still scheduled for Friday night

Yea sir. As of right now we are not playing them tonight which has led to these rumors of them possibly trying to avoid a game altogether……still scheduled for Friday night
I hope the rain holds off so we can well…..you can check the score Sat.

The rumors are coming from you guys.
Goldsboro probably wants to keep the game on Friday night. Better gate. Lots of games are still being played Friday night. They are not dodging anything. Stop the speculation. Kinda sad pushing panic buttons. There coach is a good guy.

Better gate on Friday night with Thunderstorms forecasted then on a clear Thursday night? Ok I guess

Last edited:
I mean, hell—I’ll play a little devils advocate here…I’m not going to go out my way to accommodate an A-whooping. They may not be ready to play tonight from a logistical or player standpoint. If it’s canceled it’s canceled. I don’t remember these Thursday games being a thing up until a few years ago anyway. Clinton coaches shouldn’t be airing their grievances out in public.

Reactions: dogs79
I mean, hell—I’ll play a little devils advocate here…I’m not going to go out my way to accommodate an A-whooping. They may not be ready to play tonight from a logistical or player standpoint. If it’s canceled it’s canceled. I don’t remember these Thursday games being a thing up until a few years ago anyway. Clinton coaches shouldn’t be airing their grievances out in public.
Like you, I guess they feel they can say whatever they want to on a public forum such as Twitter. It was posted on preps by another poster.

Reactions: sam
If you scared to compete don’t schedule teams better then you in the first place. And they well within their rights to post what they want to in their social media just like anyone else

I’m speculating for them but it’s likely just out of frustration because they are ready to get the season going. Mock scrimmages are one thing, practicing is one thing, but live reps in a real meaningful game is another. Our week 2 opponent is WRH, I’d imagine we’d want some more live reps, special teams, kicking etc before that big game. Just my two cents, either way our coaches will have the boys ready to go, game week 1 or not.

I Guess going back to my original point Goldsboro is not obligated in the slightest to move a game up a day earlier than scheduled. I know it has to be super frustrating for CHS if the game ends up not being played. I think everyone is just so amped to get the season started.

Come on 34. You were pushing it.
I heard a rumor. Kept it to myself. Saw a public post from a assistant coach who doesn’t BS,talked to another member of the staff who echoed the same….then shared it…..yeah I’m pushing it

• Haha
I Guess going back to my original point Goldsboro is not obligated in the slightest to move a game up a day earlier than scheduled. I know it has to be super frustrating for CHS if the game ends up not being played. I think everyone is just so amped to get the season started.
100% true. I just don’t understand the premise behind NOT playing or atleast not trying to make it certain. If I was an AD and I knew my school could use the $$$ that comes from my main sport vs a quality opponent, I’d be darn sure to try and make sure it took place at the best possible time to maximize my $$$. If game is postponed and rescheduled for Sat, Clinton will play but if they try and move it to Monday, Clinton will cut its losses and move on to WRH. No way we bend over backwards to G-Boro and then take WRH on the road in a short week. Nope.

Rumor has it that it was actually “in a New York minute” by Don Henley

*It was a very quick procedure, rumor has it if course*
Highschoolot has 193 games total listed on their scoreboard. Of those 193, 32 were played tonight meaning 161 are still scheduled for tomorrow night. Now, I did not major in math, but I think that is more than the 5% the Clinton coach stated were scheduled for tomorrow night on social media.

I might be mistaken, but it looks like only Red Springs and West Bladen from Clinton's conference played tonight while everyone in Southern Wayne's conference is still on for tomorrow night. In addition, all other Sampson County schools are still scheduled for tomorrow night.

So Goldsboro wanting to keep it on Friday night warrants Clinton hanging 70 points on them? Man, thats tough. I mean Clinton is heavily favored anyway so lets really prove a point because Goldsboro had the audacity to keep a game that they are hosting as scheduled. I mean its not like its the only game in the state going on. Would Clinton be making this much of a fuss if the Northside Jacksonville game was next week? Maybe EE Smith?

I agree with the other poster. No reason for a member of the coaching staff to take to social media to voice displeasure and then to include a figure that was obviously not true (the 95% thing).

Maybe the root cause is those new all white unis. Might take some extra Oxi-Clean to get them white again if the game is played in a little mud. Ah well, who knows.

In any event, if it does rain and Goldsboro decides to play Monday, I would be interested to see if Clinton does decide to forfeit and not go as someone stated earlier. I have heard of teams getting fined for not honoring contracts before.

Please keep us posted on this evolving situation.

Reactions: sam
if its cancelled its a forfeit

Highschoolot has 193 games total listed on their scoreboard. Of those 193, 32 were played tonight meaning 161 are still scheduled for tomorrow night. Now, I did not major in math, but I think that is more than the 5% the Clinton coach stated were scheduled for tomorrow night on social media.

I might be mistaken, but it looks like only Red Springs and West Bladen from Clinton's conference played tonight while everyone in Southern Wayne's conference is still on for tomorrow night. In addition, all other Sampson County schools are still scheduled for tomorrow night.

So Goldsboro wanting to keep it on Friday night warrants Clinton hanging 70 points on them? Man, thats tough. I mean Clinton is heavily favored anyway so lets really prove a point because Goldsboro had the audacity to keep a game that they are hosting as scheduled. I mean its not like its the only game in the state going on. Would Clinton be making this much of a fuss if the Northside Jacksonville game was next week? Maybe EE Smith?

I agree with the other poster. No reason for a member of the coaching staff to take to social media to voice displeasure and then to include a figure that was obviously not true (the 95% thing).

Maybe the root cause is those new all white unis. Might take some extra Oxi-Clean to get them white again if the game is played in a little mud. Ah well, who knows.

In any event, if it does rain and Goldsboro decides to play Monday, I would be interested to see if Clinton does decide to forfeit and not go as someone stated earlier. I have heard of teams getting fined for not honoring contracts before.

Please keep us posted on this evolving situation.
The whole point of the frustration was the fact if the game is not played Friday night Goldsboro does not plan to reschedule for a Saturday or a Monday. If that’s the case that leaves us losing that game and having to find a 10th game on our open week which is last week of the season. Or stay with a 9 game schedule. The staff was frustrated cause you could of easily played the game last night apparently Goldsboro has no JV so it’s not like they had anything to move around from my understanding the weather was fine Thursday night a lot better then what’s projected Friday night. It’s week 1 everyone is eager to play but also like the man stated in another post they would like to have film,opportunity to fix wrinkles,get those first game adjustments and tweaks out the way has to be frustrating when the opposing school has no interest in working with you. I can’t speak for DH04 but my opinion Clinton would have no issue playing on Monday night I understand we’re playing the Alabama Crimson Tide next Friday but the issue is Clinton would like to play its full 10 game schedule without having to scramble last week of the year hoping someone has the same open week. Coach may have exaggerated the numbers but I understand his frustration.

anyway hope the game gets played Clinton is ready to honor its side on the contract might wanna save the speeches for the other side

Conf scores from last night

Red Springs falls 20-6 to Bryd
West Bladen falls 34-13 to South Columbus

Reactions: dogs79
The whole point of the frustration was the fact if the game is not played Friday night Goldsboro does not plan to reschedule for a Saturday or a Monday. If that’s the case that leaves us losing that game and having to find a 10th game on our open week which is last week of the season. Or stay with a 9 game schedule. The staff was frustrated cause you could of easily played the game last night apparently Goldsboro has no JV so it’s not like they had anything to move around from my understanding the weather was fine Thursday night a lot better then what’s projected Friday night. It’s week 1 everyone is eager to play but also like the man stated in another post they would like to have film,opportunity to fix wrinkles,get those first game adjustments and tweaks out the way has to be frustrating when the opposing school has no interest in working with you. I can’t speak for DH04 but my opinion Clinton would have no issue playing on Monday night I understand we’re playing the Alabama Crimson Tide next Friday but the issue is Clinton would like to play its full 10 game schedule without having to scramble last week of the year hoping someone has the same open week. Coach may have exaggerated the numbers but I understand his frustration.

anyway hope the game gets played Clinton is ready to honor its side on the contract might wanna save the speeches for the other side
Guess y’all going to hang 80 on the cougars now!🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT