ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

Qb? Or is this a joke about last season?lol.

No clue about that, but have known UNC has been high on the 9th grader for 2 years.
The QB position for KM will be the big question mark again for how this year goes. They have two battling it out right now so we will see who wins out.

Qb? Or is this a joke about last season?lol.

No clue about that, but have known UNC has been high on the 9th grader for 2 years.
Man these kids today have me so messed up. When I first read this I had to clarify that you were talking about the Tar Heels when you typed UNC and not Uncle. Smdh! Read it again and you will get it.

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
Man these kids today have me so messed up. When I first read this I had to clarify that you were talking about the Tar Heels when you typed UNC and not Uncle. Smdh! Read it again and you will get it.
Lol.. I definitely don't talk the new young lingo. I've been called Unc before and that was my 1st, dang I'm getting old moment.

• Haha
Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Spring Practices are in the books now we sit and wait until June 5th.
Any thoughts on what all have seen in your respective Spring Practices ?
My take on Crest , Crest will be pretty dang good by the end of the year. Defense will be stout from the start. Very impressed with the defense.
The defense is LOADED. I mean LOADED.

Got to have a QB doc. You and me both knows that the QB position can’t make us but it can break us.

My take on Crest , Crest will be pretty dang good by the end of the year. Defense will be stout from the start. Very impressed with the defense.
Still a very impressive group of WR's. Aiden Carson is going to have a monster year at RB.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
From what I heard, KM will be using more of the offense that should have been used last year, using more 2 back sets. Also, over 50 8th graders signed up to come on board next year.

Kings Mountain’s defense is going to be really good. Tall, athletic, and strong. This group is going to look the part and have the game to back it up I believe. There will not be a lot of drop off from the previous defensive group that had seven of eight seniors sign to play college ball. The two 6’4 defensive ends coming off each edge are going to be a real problem for offensive teams. Offense will be a lot more versatile and dynamic. We do need to work on depth and find another offensive lineman or two to really solidify that group.

Defense is looking really good. I think Offense wise they look good, they have a really good set of receivers & Carson is a beast at RB. OL is stacked with talent, once the Center position is set they will be hard to deal with. QB is still up in the air but both guys were looking good at practice. I think by August they will be dialed in on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
From what I heard, KM will be using more of the offense that should have been used last year, using more 2 back sets. Also, over 50 8th graders signed up to come on board next year.
50 eight graders sounds about right for the growth in KM. I would think the realignment would put them a classification above the Crest and South Points of the world

I wish they’d get 5A status. (Shelby). Quit playing Rudy-poo ball.
I think one of the positives will be Cleveland County could potentially have three different teams playing for state titles at the same time.

The biggest negative will be the possibility of a Shelby or KM having to play three straight County rivals to open the season depending on how the conferences are split. Not an ideal way to start your season. A 6A/5A split conference with a 4A Shelby leaves the Golden Lions opening with possibly three straight county games. A 5A/4A split conference which I think is more likely will leave KM opening with three straight county games. I think Crest and Burns will remain in the same conference regardless of how it falls with both having 5A numbers.

I think one of the positives will be Cleveland County could potentially have three different teams playing for state titles at the same time.

The biggest negative will be the possibility of a Shelby or KM having to play three straight County rivals to open the season depending on how the conferences are split. Not an ideal way to start your season. A 6A/5A split conference with a 4A Shelby leaves the Golden Lions opening with possibly three straight county games. A 5A/4A split conference which I think is more likely will leave KM opening with three straight county games. I think Crest and Burns will remain in the same conference regardless of how it falls with both having 5A numbers.

Are they not willing to make larger splits to accommodate? Like a 6A/4A if necessary to avoid big travel.

Are they not willing to make larger splits to accommodate? Like a 6A/4A if necessary to avoid big travel.
From my understanding I believe that the association recommendation to schools is that the NCHSAA prefer not to have conferences with three divisions within it if the schools vote to sub-divide. Schools were scheduled to vote on (a) no sub-division for conferences (b) sub-dividing the conferences with two divisions (c) sub-dividing the conferences with the possibility of three or more classifications within a conference. All classification conversations referenced travel distances and what schools or school systems are willing to do. There is a chance that some of the mountain schools or some of the eastern NC schools can find themselves in a three classification league. I currently think that it is highly likely that Crest, Burns, and Shelby will find themselves in the same conference if the current admin numbers hold through August 2024.

Not sure how true, but a lot of rumors that Crest/KM in one con and Burns/Shelby in another. I think this would be best so 1 county school isn't sitting out there by themselves and your noncon schedule basically having to be the other 3 county teams. Like to have the option to play a marque out of county team.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
From my understanding I believe that the association recommendation to schools is that the NCHSAA prefer not to have conferences with three divisions within it if the schools vote to sub-divide. Schools were scheduled to vote on (a) no sub-division for conferences (b) sub-dividing the conferences with two divisions (c) sub-dividing the conferences with the possibility of three or more classifications within a conference. All classification conversations referenced travel distances and what schools or school systems are willing to do. There is a chance that some of the mountain schools or some of the eastern NC schools can find themselves in a three classification league. I currently think that it is highly likely that Crest, Burns, and Shelby will find themselves in the same conference if the current admin numbers hold through August 2024.
I've seen some people suggest regions like SC and I can say dealing with that,I hated it. Almost 1.5 hour trips one way for conference games sucked, if they don't do splits on the whole for the state.

Last edited:
Not sure how true, but a lot of rumors that Crest/KM in one con and Burns/Shelby in another. I think this would be best so 1 county school isn't sitting out there by themselves and your noncon schedule basically having to be the other 3 county teams. Like to have the option to play a marque out of county team.
The NCHSAA will not do anything special for Cleveland County, nor should they. The conferences will fall the way they fall in my opinion. Every county in the state will have "special circumstances" that they want preferential treatment with. They can't accommodate them all.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
The NCHSAA will not do anything special for Cleveland County, nor should they. The conferences will fall the way they fall in my opinion. Every county in the state will have "special circumstances" that they want preferential treatment with. They can't accommodate them all.
After the first conference draft you always have those with “special circumstances” making requests. The first draft of conferences are usually pretty good before all the suggested changes come into play. For example you always have a system like Gaston County that fights to keep their schools together. GC always brings up the trying to keep travel costs down and getting kids home at a decent hour argument. Personally I think the real reason GC schools fights to keep their schools together is to have local control over all of its athletic programs where it can then continue to use their version of the good ole boy system to influence what happens. GC schools then implements their own “Gaston County sports rules.” Keeping most of the Gaston County schools together probably set GC high school football back 12-15yrs behind their neighboring county teams with the exception of South Point in my opinion.

I've seen some people suggest regions like SC and I can say dealing with that,I hated it. Almost 1.5 hour trips one way for conference games sucked, if they don't do splits on the whole for the state.
I heard the going to a regional format chatter early on but is was mostly about the biggest 32 schools going to a regional format. I haven’t heard much about the remaining schools being in that type of format.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT