ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Hughes updated rankings

Who else in 1AEast can be any good beside Tarboro? What does programs like Pender, Rosewood, or Northside have this year?
Based on news articles I've seen rosewood should be pretty good this year. I don't see them having anything for Tarboro though. And after what happened in last years eastern finals between those two, Tarboro will go into that possible matchup very motivated. Pender really surprised me with how down they were last year. Just the year prior they gave tarboro all they could handle in a great ball game that went down to the wire. Northside idk what to expect from them.

Based on news articles I've seen rosewood should be pretty good this year. I don't see them having anything for Tarboro though. And after what happened in last years eastern finals between those two, Tarboro will go into that possible matchup very motivated. Pender really surprised me with how down they were last year. Just the year prior they gave tarboro all they could handle in a great ball game that went down to the wire. Northside idk what to expect from them.
Nobody in the east is good enough that we know of to beat Tarboro. Fun fact Tarboro has not lost a playoff game since 2016. They lost to the state champs WRH. That is how long its been since Tarboro been beat in the playoffs. Now in the west mount airy is still king until they lose now the team to dethrone then is the big question. Its gonna have to be a ground and pound team that chews up the clock and a really solid defense. That's how Mitchell beat them 2 years ago. Long drives and a low scoring ball game. If they get in a shoot out then MA win 9 out of 10 times but if I had to pick for someone to get beat first in the Playoffs it would be MA to many good team in the west compared to the east but i could be wrong we might see a rematch this TBH I Hope not

East Bladen may be good this year in the East.... North Moore good not Tarboro good. Maybe Northampton got some transfers or something which is why he moved them up from 8TH to 4TH?

Nobody in the east is good enough that we know of to beat Tarboro. Fun fact Tarboro has not lost a playoff game since 2016. They lost to the state champs WRH. That is how long its been since Tarboro been beat in the playoffs. Now in the west mount airy is still king until they lose now the team to dethrone then is the big question. Its gonna have to be a ground and pound team that chews up the clock and a really solid defense. That's how Mitchell beat them 2 years ago. Long drives and a low scoring ball game. If they get in a shoot out then MA win 9 out of 10 times but if I had to pick for someone to get beat first in the Playoffs it would be MA to many good team in the west compared to the east but i could be wrong we might see a rematch this TBH I Hope not
I said on another thread a few weeks ago I think the absolute best opportunity anybody in the east had at knocking off Tarboro under the current realignment was the last two years. Reason I say that is Because of how young Tarboro was. Seeing first hand the talent Tarboro has coming up through the program right now it's gonna be very difficult to beat them the next two years. I'll eat crow if proven wrong. As for MA I'll be genuinely shocked if they don't make it back to the title game. But if anybody in the west can beat them, I think robbinsville falls in that short list of teams who can. Will take a unbelievable performance though .

Reactions: BK13T-$
I said on another thread a few weeks ago I think the absolute best opportunity anybody in the east had at knocking off Tarboro under the current realignment was the last two years. Reason I say that is Because of how young Tarboro was. Seeing first hand the talent Tarboro has coming up through the program right now it's gonna be very difficult to beat them the next two years. I'll eat crow if proven wrong. As for MA I'll be genuinely shocked if they don't make it back to the title game. But if anybody in the west can beat them, I think robbinsville falls in that short list of teams who can. Will take a unbelievable performance though .
Robbinsville or Murphy I think the last 4 of the west last year lost a Lot besides Ma

Robbinsville first game will tell a lot about how good they will be if the injury bug doesn't hit them like it did last year

I may have misunderstood your post, but Tarboro lost to East Surry in 2019 and Mount Airy in 2022. Forgive me if I misunderstood your post but please explain if I am wrong.

Thomasville has a solid Coach, also.
About 60-62 kids out for Thomasville so far. Numbers have been their downfall the last few years. Just haven’t had the depth to avoid their best players going both ways a lot.
Probably won’t happen any more but traditionally Thomasville two platooned and wore some teams out in the fourth quarter. Their championship teams rarely had anybody going both ways on a regular basis.

Robbinsville 30 junior high, 35 varsity rough estimate.

It would be nice to not play both ways and special teams

I think we usually near 40
We had 36 2022
30 in 2021
33 in 2020.
41 in 2019
27 in 2018

I left out all freshman even though some freshman moved up at the start of season but most moved up after JV season ended.

Last edited:
Robbinsville 30 junior high, 35 varsity rough estimate.

It would be nice to not play both ways and special teams
Remind me again BK. What grades usually play junior high? Thomasville has the middle school concept (grades 6-8).

JH 7th-9th mostly 8th and 9th.
Varsity 10th-12th.
Freshman can play either or but not both.
No moving back in forth.
It's the only way we can have good numbers.
Although having all sophomores on Varsity make us a younger team than others

Used to have junior highs in the Piedmont. Thomasville went to the middle school concept in 1969.

Yeah. Everyone went to JV.
Until two years ago the SMC was the only conference to have JH.

Yeah. Everyone went to JV.
Until two years ago the SMC was the only conference to have JH.
Thomasville had jv even when they had a junior high. But that was when they had 1000 students and 135 out for football. Probably have 15-20 more out this year compared to the last few years. Hope it shows on the field.

Saw yesterday where Davidson County Charter is adding middle school athletics. We haven’t really been affected in our county until now, but that’s about to change.

Last edited:
It won't be knights

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT