ADVERTISEMENT

Changing the classifications

Ilovesports15

Oct 24, 2013
Wish they would do away with the little and big classifications. Wish they would start at 6A ,5A and down from there. One champion for each classification. Check the alignment every 2 to 3 years.

1A and 2A should not have a A and AA. There are some teams in the reginal Finals that are average at best. I can say the winner of the regional is generally a really good team.

Games in the first two rounds of playoffs are jokes at 1a and 2a levels

SWO might have a down year this year, but still stand a great chance of making an eastern finals in 2A. Combine all of 2a together and it's a second round exit at best.

Unfortunately I do not see the NCSHAA doing that, although it makes perfect sense. They're after more money, plain and simple.

Yeah, it is always about money like most things just like the regular season schedules know being 11 games when it used to be 10. I really like what Clinton does only playing 10. That is plenty of regular season games for high school players. Schools are trying to get that extra gate.

I say have 5a. Split 1a and 4a and be done with it. That's were the departity is.

Unfortunately I do not see the NCSHAA doing that, although it makes perfect sense. They're after more money, plain and simple.

You realize that going to six classifications would actually increase revenue for the NCHSAA in terms of playoff games, right? Because, amazingly, there are more sports than just football. So both basketball playoffs would expand, baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, etc. all would have additional playoff games, creating more opportunities for the NCHSAA to take their cut of gates.

And also, it's not really the NCHSAA that implemented that change anyway. It was the football coaches who voted it in.

You realize that going to six classifications would actually increase revenue for the NCHSAA in terms of playoff games, right? Because, amazingly, there are more sports than just football. So both basketball playoffs would expand, baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, etc. all would have additional playoff games, creating more opportunities for the NCHSAA to take their cut of gates.

And also, it's not really the NCHSAA that implemented that change anyway. It was the football coaches who voted it in.

Exactly, currently we have 8 teams that win a state title in football but at all the other sports we have 4 which to me make no sense. I'm not recommending having 8 state title games for the other sports but to split the difference to 6. If we went to the 6A classification system it would be more fair and also make more money.

You don't have to play 11 games if you don't want to. As for "its all about money", where do you think the money for golf, tennis, softball, and all the other non-revenue producing sports comes from, the Ticket Oak? Of course it's all about money. At some point I would foresee school systems raiding the football gate for more than jockstraps. They may actually have to start buying books or paying for some staff out of it.

Never let facts get in the way of a poor, tired, broken down, old argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT