ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers vs Benedictine 8/25

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Chambers will play their 1st of the season against Benedictine. Benedictine won last game over Jenkins 42-0. Interesting game
Any thoughts on this one.

So I did find out that the game between Benedictine and Jenkins was called in the 3rd quarter due to crowd disruptions in stand. Apparently on the Jenkins side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Early test for chambers secondary. Elite 11 QB committed to Florida state. Benedictine are also back to back 4A GA state champs. Hopefully Creek and Chambers can put on for NC. I just hope creek comes out healthy!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Early test for chambers secondary. Elite 11 QB committed to Florida state. Benedictine are also back to back 4A GA state champs. Hopefully Creek and Chambers can put on for NC. I just hope creek comes out healthy!
Gimme the private catholic school playing a public school.

Well, at least they are in a private school league where everyone else can recruit too.

It's like NIL and the transfer portal. It is what it is. We may or may not like it, but it's the way it is. Personally, I prefer Catholic school vs Catholic school or Catholic school vs private or private vs private. But I'm just an old fart that no one has asked for input
All for regular season competition, but playoffs should be separate. Two different school makeups.

Benedictine will win convincingly.

Reactions: raiderstud
You are really writing off Chambers? Or are they down this year compared to the past few?
Benedictine is a great team. Typically in these private vs. public matchups the private school wins. They have less holes on their team especially on offense. They typically hold back on regular competition and then when they get a team they can beat up on with no future repercussions they go all out.

Also in these marquee games its usually a teams offense that lets it down. See Buford /MC last year, Byrnes/Hough, SFA/Dutch Fork and Buford/SFA this year. Year to year a team can drastically change and week 1 is when the issues show.

Also don't think Chambers will be as strong as years past. Nothing specific, just natural attrition. They have lost some great talent and coaching the past few years. They will be very strong, but not state title strong if that makes sense.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT