ADVERTISEMENT

Can Davie win out?

Deacsfan

Oct 1, 2023
Does anybody think that Davie can possibly win out and win the CPC, and if so what playoff seed they might get?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I definitely think the War Eagles can win the CPC. But they can't get caught looking ahead of a still-solid Mt. Tabor squad before the West Forsyth rivalry game in a couple of weeks.

I definitely think the War Eagles can win the CPC. But they can't get caught looking ahead of a still-solid Mt. Tabor squad before the West Forsyth rivalry game in a couple of weeks.
I think Davie has the best offense and the most balanced... I think West Forsyth has the best defense in the CPC along with the best running game behind that massive O-Line.….so, I have that game as a toss up. Best 3 CPC RB's are West #3 Chaplin, Davie's #4 Summers and Reagan's #2 Moore. 3 great running backs.

West Forsyth & Davie can win out...However; Both could get caught looking ahead in the wild & wacky CPC this week.

Last edited:
What happened to East Forsyth this year?
They can still win the CPC, they are pulling for West Forsyth to beat Davie.. then hope to beat West in the last regular season game of the year at West Forsyth.... for a 3 way tie.
Right now, Only West & Davie control their destiny.

Last edited:
To get back on the topic of Davie, they are the most explosive team in the CPC, and I'm not really sure who can stop them enough for an entire game to win, but the difference that is making this Davie team so much better, and a championship contender is the defense.

Davie is 14 points better on defense per game better than at this point last year, and upwards of 21-24 points better than at any point in the previous 4 years. Coach Deverick's scheme on offense is enough to in a lot of games, but the defense playing the way it is, is why the War Eagles are poised for a title.

East is just really young. They are very talented, but just real young compared to years pasts. I wouldn't worry though if you're an EF fan, I think they are gearing up for another championship-level run in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Deacsfan
Yes I've been going to Davie games for years and this year their defense is outstanding compared to other years.

Reactions: Chris_Hughes

Hurting on defense. Lost a couple coaches. Lost a couple kids before season started too. Don't seem to have the usual size and speed they've enjoyed past years. JV looks very promising. They should be right back up there next year with an outside chance to still get another this year.

Imagine being an East Forsyth coach or player. They are 6-1 control their own destiny and can win the CPC with only 15 or so Seniors on the roster and everyone is screaming what is wrong with EF?

That just shows you how much Coach Willert has done at East.
There have been multiple posts that have spoken to why they aren’t as stout as they’ve been in the past. A record doesn’t tell the entire story.

If Davie beats West Forsyth and then wins out they do win the conference because they have tiebreaker over East Forsyth, correct?

Reactions: Eagles/Trojans13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT