ADVERTISEMENT

Buncombe County Jamboree

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
I can’t make it tonight hoping someone will be kind enough to post results. Also curious to know if our starting TB plays since he sprained his foot on Wednesday. Thanks!

Saw on Facebook ACR beat Smokey Mountain 33-7 in a 2 quarter scrimmage. No word if TB played for ACR.

Reactions: mhhs94
Dorman/Asheville
Asheville was overmatched but showed signs of being dangerous and the new transfer along with Shaw stood out. Slidell looked good and will cause teams a lot of problems this year. Dorman only played their 1st team skill guys 2 series and in a real game they are probably 3 scores better. Can’t remember the final but Dorman won. It’s hard to tell how good Asheville really is because Dorman is on a level teams around here can’t relate to.

Polk/TC Roberson
TC easily handled Polk. They were just too big and too fast across the board. I still don’t think they have enough for Reynolds this year, but they could challenge Asheville. The game was such a mismatch it’s really hard to tell. TC won by 4 scores or so and played a lot of backups.

Reynolds/Smoky Mountain
The score was 33 - 7 and Reynolds is going to be very dominant this side of Hickory and Shelby. Their star RB got hurt against KM and will be out for several weeks, but they have plenty of weapons and team speed. The WR that transferred last week from Erwin took his first catch to the house and will be a big help replacing the 2 WR that transferred out. Smoky will be fine and their ECU commit sat this one out. Smoky scored pretty quick and the score really didn’t reflect how solid they are. Since their QB transferred a few weeks ago you could tell they were really working on the QB position with several kids. I see them finishing near the top of their conference for sure and was impressed with their physicality. Good thing ACR schedules their non conference tough because after that, Asheville is the only team that may be able to play with them til playoff time.

Erwin/Hendersonville
This was the most competitive game by far ending in a 12-12 tie. For Hendo, the Landrum kid is a freak with his size and skill he is a tough matchup on both sides of the ball. The freshmen QB for Erwin was solid and has a cannon for an arm. Typical early season drops by both teams but all in all Erwin had good team speed on D and ran the ball pretty well. I know they had one of their best receivers sitting this one out with a pulled groin, but I see them finishing behind ACR, Asheville and TC, with a shot at beating TC.

Dorman/Asheville
Asheville was overmatched but showed signs of being dangerous and the new transfer along with Shaw stood out. Slidell looked good and will cause teams a lot of problems this year. Dorman only played their 1st team skill guys 2 series and in a real game they are probably 3 scores better. Can’t remember the final but Dorman won. It’s hard to tell how good Asheville really is because Dorman is on a level teams around here can’t relate to.

Polk/TC Roberson
TC easily handled Polk. They were just too big and too fast across the board. I still don’t think they have enough for Reynolds this year, but they could challenge Asheville. The game was such a mismatch it’s really hard to tell. TC won by 4 scores or so and played a lot of backups.

Reynolds/Smoky Mountain
The score was 33 - 7 and Reynolds is going to be very dominant this side of Hickory and Shelby. Their star RB got hurt against KM and will be out for several weeks, but they have plenty of weapons and team speed. The WR that transferred last week from Erwin took his first catch to the house and will be a big help replacing the 2 WR that transferred out. Smoky will be fine and their ECU commit sat this one out. Smoky scored pretty quick and the score really didn’t reflect how solid they are. Since their QB transferred a few weeks ago you could tell they were really working on the QB position with several kids. I see them finishing near the top of their conference for sure and was impressed with their physicality. Good thing ACR schedules their non conference tough because after that, Asheville is the only team that may be able to play with them til playoff time.

Erwin/Hendersonville
This was the most competitive game by far ending in a 12-12 tie. For Hendo, the Landrum kid is a freak with his size and skill he is a tough matchup on both sides of the ball. The freshmen QB for Erwin was solid and has a cannon for an arm. Typical early season drops by both teams but all in all Erwin had good team speed on D and ran the ball pretty well. I know they had one of their best receivers sitting this one out with a pulled groin, but I see them finishing behind ACR, Asheville and TC, with a shot at beating TC.
TC looked good at Pisgah on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT