ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop McGuinness at Providence Grove

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Odd, cool matchup here. Both have new coaches. Both undefeated so far. I want to feel good about PG right now but their opponents haven't exactly been formidable so far.

One other thing......If you're a BM fan, you might want to come to Climax a little early. Visitor's seating is very limited.

Odd, cool matchup here. Both have new coaches. Both undefeated so far. I want to feel good about PG right now but their opponents haven't exactly been formidable so far.

One other thing......If you're a BM fan, you might want to come to Climax a little early. Visitor's seating is very limited.
IF there is any visitor seating at PG that is a darn sight better than NO visitor seating at BM.

Nothing like playing a cake team on a friday night.... PG wins big but playing a not so strong team
Everyone forgetting that BM has a new coach also. And he has been a winner everywhere he’s been. I believe they have a JV team this year and I don’t believe they have had one the past several years. So participation is up.

W is a W!!!!!
Chicago Cubs Win GIF by MLB

Reactions: Bearmod1
BM isnt a real school, its like one them charter things that the kids ant gotta go most days and they only are half staffed with teachers with degrees and they don't have to meet state standards, I wonder how they get numbers up as public education enrollment is down. But until I see the score im still going with PG

Reactions: dogs86mvp
BM is like Charlotte Catholic
One of three Catholic schools that play in the public school league even though they are not public like charters are.

Reactions: KW23 and cimsies
BM isnt a real school, its like one them charter things that the kids ant gotta go most days and they only are half staffed with teachers with degrees and they don't have to meet state standards, I wonder how they get numbers up as public education enrollment is down. But until I see the score im still going with PG
Why don’t you tell the 1000’s of students with degrees from BM they didn’t go to a real school. I would say 99.9% of the students go on to school of higher learning

What a great game!

PG snatched victory from the jaws of defeat tonight. The Patriots led 19-6 at one point in the third. PG saw that lead evaporate and were down 20-19 late in the fourth.

Faced with a fourth and long, James Ellis completed a big bomb down the field to Jackson Rhyne. After a nice run by Logan Fox, PG got down to the Bishop 1. Next play, Ellis keeps and scampers to the left corner for the game-winning TD. Final was 22-20.

What a great game!

PG snatched victory from the jaws of defeat tonight. The Patriots led 19-6 at one point in the third. PG saw that lead evaporate and were down 20-19 late in the fourth.

Faced with a fourth and long, James Ellis completed a big bomb down the field to Jackson Rhyne. After a nice run by Logan Fox, PG got down to the Bishop 1. Next play, Ellis keeps and scampers to the left corner for the game-winning TD. Final was 22-20.
Chute you better revisit your scores? Glad PG won though

Bishop must have finally learned how to recruit football players like they have girls basketball players for years

Reactions: BK13T-$
You’re ignorant. Same kids that have been at the school since 9th grade with 1 exception. Better coaching! Grimsley is still the hands down leader and they’re a public. Smh

PS: the girls team had no transfers! All have been at bishop since 9th and majority were at Catholic feeders.

Last edited:
A few more takeaways from last night....

PG QB James Ellis was walking a fine line between "hero" and "goat". He lost two fumbles (including one that Bishop pounced on in the end zone). However, he also had two rushing TD's (including the game-winner) and also the game-sealing interception. Ellis isn't bad for someone who's only been playing football for two years.

LB Brady Collins was a one-man wrecking crew. I'd like to know how many tackles he had. It seemed like he was in on the vast majority. He's been completely unleashed on defense......and it's awesome.

PG defense as a whole was pretty good. The secondary made a lot of big plays.

I feel like the Patriots were the best team last night. They executed pretty well and seem to have good chemistry. However, I also feel like Bishop has the higher ceiling of the two. The Villains have a pretty decent arsenal of skill guys. The one that stood out the most was Aiden Martin. This dude can flat turn on the jets. In the third quarter, he caught one out in the right flat, took a step inside, got a nice block, and was GONE. Martin also had another nice TD run on the left side in the fourth.

BM also had a receiver that looked to be a legit 6-8. Fortunately, PG was able to defend him well.

I'm really interested in how these Villains are going to look come November. They might have the potential to upset someone.

You’re ignorant. Same kids that have been at the school since 9th grade with 1 exception. Better coaching! Grins let us still the hands down leader and they’re a public. Smh

PS: the girls team had no transfers! All have been at bishop since 9th and majority were at Catholic feeders.
And all live within 20 mins of school right lol

Reactions: KW23
You’re ignorant. Same kids that have been at the school since 9th grade with 1 exception. Better coaching! Grimsley is still the hands down leader and they’re a public. Smh

Did you just say BM is s a public school?

BM also had a receiver that looked to be a legit 6-8. Fortunately, PG was able to defend him well.

I'm really interested in how these Villains are going to look come November. They might have the potential to upset someone.
There has got to be some secret ingredient in the holy water.. Villains girls basketball were all tall as well. I know I know not recruited just stating they were all very tall.

Reactions: BK13T-$
There has got to be some secret ingredient in the holy water.. Villains girls basketball were all tall as well. I know I know not recruited just stating they were all very tall.
1 girl is 6’0. That’s right, public schools don’t have tall female players. Just saying. 😩

They must be getting some of that voucher money your fine representatives keep insisting private schools with million dollar endowments get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT