ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Using iHigh.com? Its gone!

wahswarriordad

Nov 29, 2006
Are any of you using iHigh.com for your school's athletics site? If so.... Its gone. The company apparently went under.

At WA, we've been using iHigh for many years and have had a very positive experience overall. But now they've left us kind of in a bind. I'm just thankful that this happened now and not in the middle of football season.

So my question is.... What are other schools using for the athletics site? I'm looking for something that is...
  • Free
  • Easy to use
  • Supports unlimited video and photos

I did a quick check of their Varsity News Network site and its very nice. But it looks like you have to pay a nominal fee. I'm trying to avoid that so that I don't get stuck with the cost going forward.

I found a free site called olinesports.com that is free so we may go that route.

Are any of you using iHigh.com for your school's athletics site? If so.... Its gone. The company apparently went under.

At WA, we've been using iHigh for many years and have had a very positive experience overall. But now they've left us kind of in a bind. I'm just thankful that this happened now and not in the middle of football season.

So my question is.... What are other schools using for the athletics site? I'm looking for something that is...
  • Free
  • Easy to use
  • Supports unlimited video and photos

wahswarriordad - I have great news - follow this link to get back to our page - I received from Paul the administrator
http://www-ihigh.blueframetech.com/wahs/ - so happy that we can still stay in tune with the happenings from our Warriors!!

Reactions: wahswarriordad
wahswarriordad - I have great news - follow this link to get back to our page - I received from Paul the administrator
http://www-ihigh.blueframetech.com/wahs/ - so happy that we can still stay in tune with the happenings from our Warriors!!

I just gave it a quick test drive. While the site lives under the blueframetech host, it is not fully functional. I just logged in as an administrator was not granted access to any of the site management tools. So I am unable to post any content.

Is this to be expected?

Maxpreps is actually very good

I've used Maxpreps to get scheduling info and stats but haven't tried it as a "content" provider. I need to be able to post articles, photos, videos, etc. Have you done this? If so, what permissions/security is needed in order to post content? And is there a charge for this?

Thank you!!!!

I just gave it a quick test drive. While the site lives under the blueframetech host, it is not fully functional. I just logged in as an administrator was not granted access to any of the site management tools. So I am unable to post any content.

Is this to be expected?
Not sure and Paul Thompson who manages the site is out on medical leave. I will check with him as soon as possible for more clarity. Looks like we will have an exciting year ahead of us and the young men are pumped to go!!! Not wishing my life away but COME ON AUGUST!!!!

ihigh used to have official ties to the NCHSAA but they have changed officially over to MaxPreps. The young man who used to operate TuscolaFootball.com migrated his page over to ihigh.com. I sure hope that it isn't lost.

MaxPreps is pretty nice, not keen on the ads you have to watch on every single video clip but I guess it keeps the costs down.

ihigh used to have official ties to the NCHSAA but they have changed officially over to MaxPreps. The young man who used to operate TuscolaFootball.com migrated his page over to ihigh.com. I sure hope that it isn't lost.

MaxPreps is pretty nice, not keen on the ads you have to watch on every single video clip but I guess it keeps the costs down.
iHigh is keeping a temporary site up until June 15 (I think) to allow you time to download saved material. But you need to check because I'm 99.9% certain it will be completely gone in the very near future.

League lineup.com isn't bad. West/South Stokes uses it and I do for my school.

It's a nice website. They do charge for bonus features but it isn't too bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT