ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on coach Chappell’s next job?

He’s still teaching at Pisgah for now. I’ve heard places he may be interested in going, from other states to nearby schools etc. but nothing beyond speculation.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Hes been looking around for a while now and I wish him nothing but the best. He did a lot for Pisgah and although I'd like for him to stay I can understand the powers that be pulling the trigger on a new coach. A program like Crest could do a lot worse but no matter where he lands that team will be getting a good one.

I may be mistaken for another school but I think the Chesnee Athletic Director is former West Henderson baseball coaching legend Jim Hyatt who retired in NC and then went to SC. If so, I think he was at West when Brett was at East so I am sure there is an acquaintance there and played a role in Chappell taking this job.

I may be mistaken for another school but I think the Chesnee Athletic Director is former West Henderson baseball coaching legend Jim Hyatt who retired in NC and then went to SC. If so, I think he was at West when Brett was at East so I am sure there is an acquaintance there and played a role in Chappell taking this job.
You are correct.

You have to have 30 years to draw full retirement and 50 yrs old. He may be able to draw some partial retirement

Reactions: beamer24
Whoever gets him will get a great football coach, and also a great wrestler. His son is a hammer. Probably will be competing for a state title in his HS career.
Chesnee just scored big time! I couldn’t help but notice they are the SC 2A state wrestling champions. They got a fantastic football coach and a hammer of a wrestler in his son! Well played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT