ADVERTISEMENT

Another Burr under the saddle for Stanly County Schools

new_dawg

Dec 20, 2003
Albemarle NC
Got this sent to me today by a friend. This is hard to believe, even out of the "boy wonder":

One million George Washingtons from Lottery Funds to purchase framed portraits of George Washington for NC schools

Over the last three months, education funding has been one of the hot topics in Stanly County. Lottery funding for counties to repair and build schools keeps being diverted in Raleigh for other purposes. If the formula for lottery funds had not changed over the years, Stanly County would be getting an additional $500,000 per year to maintain our school facilities.

At the last BOE meeting, Todd Swaringen reported that Stanly County Schools are expecting $492,000 less this year from Raleigh, plus a cut in the Teachers Assistant funding of another $450,000.

With so many of our schools in dire need of repairs, Rep. Justin "Big Government" Burr, is one of the primary sponsors of a bill to create a new program that would award $1,000,000 of Lottery Funds to schools to display framed portraits of George Washington in our schools.

Really folks, I am not making this up. Here's the actual bill that was introduced by Rep. Burr:
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessio…/2015/Bills/House/PDF/H858v1.pdf

This post was edited on 4/20 4:07 PM by new_dawg

Un-be-dang-lievable!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
The only thing that suprises me new dawg is that Burr didn't have a portrait of himself to be put in the schools. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT