ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Thomasville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nation, There is a big difference between a complete domination by another team and a close game. Having no chance for a win is both mentally and physically exhausting for the players and coaches. If this continues for a few more weeks, it will only get harder and harder for the players to show up and compete.

I have built programs and I can tell you a loss is a loss. It's about the expectations you set as a coach. The fact is this is a transition year with a young team. Additionally you cannot focus on the results ever as a coach. Any great coach will tell you that. You focus on the process and the details. We played a good team last night, that's what you want a young team to see, you want them to learn how to compete at a high level. Anybody that has taken a team and competed at a high level will tell you that. You face those teams day in and day out you learn how to compete at a high level.

If you want to compete for a state title you don't do that with stacking your schedule with weak teams you do that by going out and competing against good teams. Take Mallard creek for example and look at their schedule and then look at their success.

These kids are competitors I seen that last night. As a coach you have the effort you have the talent your just young. So your focus are the details and you just have to focus on getting better everyday whether it's in practice or a game. You compete with everything you have and just focus on getting better.

This is why last night was not a brutal loss. The first quarter we competed well. The second quarter we missed details I believe there was a botched snap that led them to the goal line and they punched it in for a TD. We had another one where we didn't fill a lane and they had a big gain. That's experience. Those are things that maybe against a team like SD you get away with but good teams expose that's what you want with a young team. They have to learn. That was not a brutal loss. The kids if they focus on getting better everyday will be fine. If they keep pushing and working hard and learning my guess is they are going to get somebody this year they were suppose to lose to.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I am not even sure how to feel about this score. We have taken it on the chin before, however it was to a team that is supposed to be far superior, like DD or Concord. We are supposed to compete with Thomasville, year in and year out. No excuses. There is no excuse for a beating like we partook in last night. I don't care if we are young. If we can't keep from getting beat like a drum every week then we would be better suited to cancel the varsity team and play some JV games. These kids getting their brains beat in every week will not help anything. It will only allow losing to become a habit and accepted. Even our fans are accepting this beating. There is no excuse. Coach Mason's biggest challenge is going to be able to get the athletes out of the halls and onto the practice field. Coming from the mouth of Comet fans this was his biggest weakness while at North. Kids at North didn't come out for the team while he was there. After spring ball it is clear that everyone was ready to jump ship as well. If the season continues in this manor then we will lose whatever talent is left to the hallways or another county school. There is absolutely nothing positive about this game or AHS's current situation. I cant believe as Albemarle supporters we are accepting a 51-6 loss with a running clock in the 4th quarter. If we are going to be good in one or even two years, then we need to be somewhat competitive this year. This is not a bash on the program or Mason, it is just reality.

Coach mason has a tough tough job of building a program. It's not easy and takes the belief and buy in not only from the kids but the parents. He has a long hard road.

It's not accepting it's reality. It's a matter of letting these kids learn this year and supporting them. Expectations will rise every year. My guess is they will be way better in week 10 than they are now. Coming into next year my belief is they will be finish higher than they did this year and the following year. As the stability grows so will the program. Expectations are still there it's just a matter of allowing them an opportunity to grow and learn.

Nation, There is a big difference between a complete domination by another team and a close game. Having no chance for a win is both mentally and physically exhausting for the players and coaches. If this continues for a few more weeks, it will only get harder and harder for the players to show up and compete.

Great reply! And yes, you are exactly right. I can tell you are very well versed on football and the mental aspect of the game. This is something that many want to discount.

And as you know, football is a much different sport than say....girl's basketball. You only need a handful of girls to have a good team. With basketball, you can take a mediocre coach and give him or her good talent and produce a winning season.

Not football. With football, you need good coach, good talent, and good depth. Albemarle has the coaching part right now....the talent will come in 2 or 3 years.

Thanks for that awesome reply. I hope to collaborate with you more on this board.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Great reply! And yes, you are exactly right. I can tell you are very well versed on football and the mental aspect of the game. This is something that many want to discount.

And as you know, football is a much different sport than say....girl's basketball. You only need a handful of girls to have a good team. With basketball, you can take a mediocre coach and give him or her good talent and produce a winning season.

Not football. With football, you need good coach, good talent, and good depth. Albemarle has the coaching part right now....the talent will come in 2 or 3 years.

Thanks for that awesome reply. I hope to collaborate with you more on this board.

LOL interesting 13 yrs of coaching 3 with GB. Now what? Over 200 wins 3 state titles 4 teams in the top 12 in the country. Now your turn? Oh sectional ship district ship conference titles Conf tourney titles over 100 kids playing or played at the collegiate level.

Like I said you can discount if you want with once again 0 credibility. Like with any sport details, experience, mental toughness, and with anything you do you cannot focus on the results and be successful. You focus on the process. You focus on the process focus on getting better everyday the results will be there.

BUT I'm sure with all your coaching experience and wins you knew that right? LOL smh. Amazing....

To any Bulldog fans and parents, support the kids allow them to learn grow and mature and the results will be there. The effort that was displayed last night was awesome. Keep up the good work kids!!!! Grind hard strive for greatness!!!!

Tough loss for the young kids on that team. Keep your chins up, guys! Better days are ahead.

Frustrating time to be an AHS fan. When you change head coaches every year, it's pretty much impossible to build or sustain a program or even measure progress. Hard to shake the feeling that for the last few seasons the program has just been spinning its wheels. Let's hope this staff sticks around for a while.

The team will get better this season and if the younger players return will be even better in the years ahead. Some of the comments here are a little over the top. This is high school, not college or the pros. AHS is down right now due to a lot of factors, and many have nothing to do with football.

With all that said, no way around the fact that the loss was a total beatdown. Next week could be worse. Let's support the team and coaches while they work to make us competitive again. . . .

LOL interesting 13 yrs of coaching 3 with GB. Now what? Over 200 wins 3 state titles 4 teams in the top 12 in the country. Now your turn? Oh sectional ship district ship conference titles Conf tourney titles over 100 kids playing or played at the collegiate level.

Like I said you can discount if you want with once again 0 credibility. Like with any sport details, experience, mental toughness, and with anything you do you cannot focus on the results and be successful. You focus on the process. You focus on the process focus on getting better everyday the results will be there.

BUT I'm sure with all your coaching experience and wins you knew that right? LOL smh. Amazing....

To any Bulldog fans and parents, support the kids allow them to learn grow and mature and the results will be there. The effort that was displayed last night was awesome. Keep up the good work kids!!!! Grind hard strive for greatness!!!!

You are a riot. I could care less about your state championship titles. We aren't talking about basketball, we are talking about FOOTBALL. Before I forget, the parents at Pine Lake Prep wanted me to say "Thank you" on their behalf, so....Thank You. Not sure what that is all about.

LOL

Reactions: atucker2
You are a riot. I could care less about your state championship titles. We aren't talking about basketball, we are talking about FOOTBALL. Before I forget, the parents at Pine Lake Prep wanted me to say "Thank you" on their behalf, so....Thank You. Not sure what that is all about.

LOL

Nice try wrong team. They played the guys not us. Only team we have played from their Conf is CSD and we beat them by 30. ;)

LOL

Tell them I will be sure
To pass that along to the guys though I am sure they will appreciate it. Especially since they are returning everyone.

Albemarle got smoked...what did I miss?

@susancoleman Albemarle shouldn't start playing J.V. games lmao! That's crazy...and I believe you have to field a varsity team by rules if I'm not mistaken. We shouldn't build a J.V. until Mason's 3rd year...

Those kids need to be tough and Albemarle fans as well...gonna be a long season.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014

Where all have you won state championships?

As well as the aau level with my org in Charlotte that I train kids at. Which the majority of the kids there are all development kids or kids that don't have the means to pay for training from some of the other Orgs. We also work with kids from here in Albemarle as well. Great opportunity to give back.

Some thoughts. Just a short time ago AHS was on the brink of being closed. I can't imagine what the kids must have been thinking. Wondering where they would go to school the next year. I think this has played a part in some of the kids leaving AHS for other county schools. This along with disciple issues at the school.
Now fast forward to this year and we again have a new HC . Time will tell how this works out. But I for one think we have a good coaching staff in place and it has to start here.
As for the Thomasville game. I am not schocked at the final score. Listen people we had kids out there that had to go straight from a middle school setting onto the big stage of HS Varsity Football.. I can't comprehend having to do that as a kid. But they went out there and competed the best they could. Hats off to them.
Coach Mason had no choice but to play these kids if we were going to have a team at all.
At Concord it will be more of the same this fri night. If we can just come out injury free that will be a big plus..Then I think we have a real chance to be able to compete with WS. It all depends on how this bunch of kids handle the hard task that has been placed on them.
I for one believe they will come through this season better players and better people. It's all up to these special kids that we have placed this heavy burden upon.....

Wasn't there was in the playoffs. Is that the best you have honestly? Move on man.

Buy yourself a sense of humor. Everyone else on this thread has one. Dial back your intensity level a notch and talk about football, not your 14-11 season from last year.

Your Bulldogs...or should I say "the Bulldogs", will need you and others not to abandon them this year. It's easy to show up to a game beating your chest when you are smoking another team, but when you are BRUTALIZED by a team, losing 51-6, the fans stop losing interest.

The players start losing interest too, but well, you think like a 51-6 loss as much as a 21-20 loss.

LOL

Some thoughts. Just a short time ago AHS was on the brink of being closed. I can't imagine what the kids must have been thinking. Wondering where they would go to school the next year. I think this has played a part in some of the kids leaving AHS for other county schools. This along with disciple issues at the school.
Now fast forward to this year and we again have a new HC . Time will tell how this works out. But I for one think we have a good coaching staff in place and it has to start here.
As for the Thomasville game. I am not schocked at the final score. Listen people we had kids out there that had to go straight from a middle school setting onto the big stage of HS Varsity Football.. I can't comprehend having to do that as a kid. But they went out there and competed the best they could. Hats off to them.
Coach Mason had no choice but to play these kids if we were going to have a team at all.
At Concord it will be more of the same this fri night. If we can just come out injury free that will be a big plus..Then I think we have a real chance to be able to compete with WS. It all depends on how this bunch of kids handle the hard task that has been placed on them.
I for one believe they will come through this season better players and better people. It's all up to these special kids that we have placed this heavy burden upon.....

Well stated Buddy. I will say there is a reason why Albemarle is on its 5th coach in 5 years....and it's not all about Albemarle closing down.

You should give BulldogNation some lessons on proper tact and etiquette. He's too busy "beating his chest" about winning some mythical Ohio state championships. Funny thing....it has nothing to do with Albemarle....or football.

I agree Buddy. They played hard too. Definitely hats off to those young men. I think they have a very very bright future. Like you injury free is the goal but I am looking forward to seeing after this experience how they compete against their conference opponents. One game at a time but I am looking forward to watching them from here on out.

Well stated Buddy. I will say there is a reason why Albemarle is on its 5th coach in 5 years....and it's not all about Albemarle closing down.

You should give BulldogNation some lessons on proper tact and etiquette. He's too busy "beating his chest" about winning some mythical Ohio state championships. Funny thing....it has nothing to do with Albemarle....or football.

Again move on man. Smh you are just clueless. Once again demonstrating your lack of knowledge and credibility. Good day.

Again move on man. Smh you are just clueless. Once again demonstrating your lack of knowledge and credibility. Good day.

You are the one derailing yet another thread with your nonsense. You are trying to use your self-described basketball superiority on the football field. It does not work like that. So take off your cheerleading outfit, take a chill pill, and show some class (that means act like a real coach like Coach Andrews).

Reactions: atucker2 and Ladge
You are the one derailing yet another thread with your nonsense. You are trying to use your self-described basketball superiority on the football field. It does not work like that. So take off your cheerleading outfit, take a chill pill, and show some class (that means act like a real coach like Coach Andrews).

take off my cheerleading outfit? Lol ok I love people who talk so big behind a screen name.

Like I said big man move on. And I will keep on supporting these kids and "beating my chest" and being proud of them. Additionally I will continue helping all the kids of Albemarle in getting to college.

take off my cheerleading outfit? Lol ok I love people who talk so big behind a screen name.

Like I said big man move on. And I will keep on supporting these kids and "beating my chest" and being proud of them. Additionally I will continue helping all the kids of Albemarle in getting to college.

14-11 is worh beating your chest? LOL. Let's hand everyone a trophy.

I also notice that you concede the fact that you are not a football coach. But we all knew that....

14-11 is worh beating your chest? LOL. Let's hand everyone a trophy.

I also notice that you concede the fact that you are not a football coach. But we all knew that....

53-26 since coming to AHS in 3 seasons. The program was 15-32 the previous 2 seasons before I came. Conf ship 2 Conf tourney ships sectional ship district ship 100% kids who played for me in college some on academic scholarships some both athletic and academic some athletic, 3 team scholar awards.

I have seen what these kids can do first hand when they gain knowledge and confidence in addition to stability. Coach Mason is doing a great job from what I seen with these kids. In a year or two they will be very good.

By the way I didn't know you were a football coach? Where have you coached at? Did you play HS? Or stand the sidelines? If you did that would make a lot of sense.

And no I'm not a football coach but after coaching at the elite levels for so many years I have a good idea what it takes. These kids from what I seen will be fine. They just need sometime to mature get stronger and learn. Playing teams like thomasville and concord is a good thing. It will pay off for them in the long run.

Reactions: sway1532
53-26 since coming to AHS in 3 seasons. The program was 15-32 the previous 2 seasons before I came. Conf ship 2 Conf tourney ships sectional ship district ship 100% kids who played for me in college some on academic scholarships some both athletic and academic some athletic, 3 team scholar awards.

I have seen what these kids can do first hand when they gain knowledge and confidence in addition to stability. Coach Mason is doing a great job from what I seen with these kids. In a year or two they will be very good.

By the way I didn't know you were a football coach? Where have you coached at? Did you play HS? Or stand the sidelines? If you did that would make a lot of sense.

And no I'm not a football coach but after coaching at the elite levels for so many years I have a good idea what it takes. These kids from what I seen will be fine. They just need sometime to mature get stronger and learn. Playing teams like thomasville and concord is a good thing. It will pay off for them in the long run.

Heard of Coach Gaster Ohio boy? I knew him. I worked with him. Gaster was my friend.

You are no Coach Gaster, and you are not a football coach.

Heard of Coach Gaster Ohio boy? I knew him. I worked with him. Gaster was my friend.

You are no Coach Gaster, and you are not a football coach.

LOL Ohio boy another good one and original.

Never said I was coach gaster or a football coach. But you never said anything are you? Being a friend of a great coach but yet you never played or coached does that make you more qualified?

Even coach gaster had to build the program he took his lumps as well same as this team will do, but I never remember him backing away or softening his schedule to get a win. They went through a process and through that process over years ended up with the results they achieved. They still played great competition. That helps you see where you want to be and the work it takes to get there.

It's ok cupcake don't get your feelings hurt. And yes I am still "beating my chest" screaming #bulldogpride and will be behind these kids all year!!!!

LOL Ohio boy another good one and original.

Never said I was coach gaster or a football coach. But you never said anything are you? Being a friend of a great coach but yet you never played or coached does that make you more qualified?

Even coach gaster had to build the program he took his lumps as well same as this team will do, but I never remember him backing away or softening his schedule to get a win. They went through a process and through that process over years ended up with the results they achieved. They still played great competition. That helps you see where you want to be and the work it takes to get there.

It's ok cupcake don't get your feelings hurt. And yes I am still "beating my chest" screaming #bulldogpride and will be behind these kids all year!!!!

You are a tool who has derailed this thread. No one will support your cause. Any coach who thinks a 21-20 loss is as bad as a 51-6 loss does not have a competitive spirit.

Do all of us a favor and stop derailing threads. Understand Ohio boy?

You are a tool who has derailed this thread. No one will support your cause. Any coach who thinks a 21-20 loss is as bad as a 51-6 loss does not have a competitive spirit.

Do all of us a favor and stop derailing threads. Understand Ohio boy?

That's Mr. Ohio Boy to you cupcake. A loss is a loss at the end of a day. Anybody who has ever played a sport knows that.

With a young team give me the really good teams so we can set the bar early on and learn what it takes to be successful.

That's Mr. Ohio Boy to you cupcake. A loss is a loss at the end of a day. Anybody who has ever played a sport knows that.

With a young team give me the really good teams so we can set the bar early on and learn what it takes to be successful.

No, you are a Peter Pan who refuses the grow up. So no Mister for you.

Stop derailing threads Ohio boy.

Well damn....I leave to drinka couple and come back to a cat fight lmao! #Continue

Anyway, I heard T-Ville was too big for us...Albemarle was 140 max across the line. Could have been worse.

Concord HC is a class act. He will try to keep it respectable but they have two new QBs and need to work on the passing game.

The key is to compete. When you get drug 51-6 with a running clock it is not helping as much as being in a dog fight with a team that more resembles yourself.

Keep the kids focused and upbeat. I truly believe if AHS can keep the kids buying in and stick with the year round workout while the school stays consistent with the coaching and may be can get done additional assistants on staff they can make deep a deep playoff run in 2018.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
After the Concord game, We will be playing a County Rival. We lost last year to West Stanly in a Heartbreaker
Tough loss for the young kids on that team. Keep your chins up, guys! Better days are ahead.

Frustrating time to be an AHS fan. When you change head coaches every year, it's pretty much impossible to build or sustain a program or even measure progress. Hard to shake the feeling that for the last few seasons the program has just been spinning its wheels. Let's hope this staff sticks around for a while.

The team will get better this season and if the younger players return will be even better in the years ahead. Some of the comments here are a little over the top. This is high school, not college or the pros. AHS is down right now due to a lot of factors, and many have nothing to do with football.

With all that said, no way around the fact that the loss was a total beatdown. Next week could be worse. Let's support the team and coaches while they work to make us competitive again. . . .
You said a Mouthful when You said that it's hard being a Bulldog Fan right now. From a Fans perspective and not a Coaches perspective it's awful to see the Team lose like this. Fans don't think about the process. It hurt Coach Smith and it will probably hurt Coach Mason. And You do think about the Players who are playing after One of the longest successful Football Programs in a long time

Albemarle will lose their next 3 games. In fact they will be lucky to keep any game within 20-30 points. We will hear the usual excuses...mostly about the coaching staff.

As Susan eloquently stated, having no hope winning in games will take its toil on the players.

Concord HC is a class act. He will try to keep it respectable but they have two new QBs and need to work on the passing game.

The key is to compete. When you get drug 51-6 with a running clock it is not helping as much as being in a dog fight with a team that more resembles yourself.

Keep the kids focused and upbeat. I truly believe if AHS can keep the kids buying in and stick with the year round workout while the school stays consistent with the coaching and may be can get done additional assistants on staff they can make deep a deep playoff run in 2018.

Let's put this in prospective. You think if we padded our schedule full of teams that resembles us right now which would be Like the SS, UA, CC, SD type of teams that will be more beneficial rather than playing a couple of teams like Thomasville and Concord? If you play teams like the SD repeatedly our record may be better but you also pick up bad habits. My point was not all losses are bad losses. With the team being so young it's not a bad thing for them to see what it takes to compete with a good football team. If your goals are to win a championship you have to set the bar high. If your goals are to have a good record and lose in the first or second round then you shouldn't play those teams.

My argument from the beginning was that was not a brutal loss. From a coaching stand point you had the opportunity to see where you are as a young team against a good football team. With that team this year you can't focus on the results. Those will come as this team grows and matures. You have to focus on them getting better everyday, that is your goal. After Concord this week we hit conference let's see how much they learn. Against good teams if you come out sloppy or not sharp they hit you that's what thomasville did in the second half. Now if that would have been SD for example they probably would not have been able to do that, once again that's a teaching point.

I would like to say and then I'm done commenting on this thread. I thought Mason and his staff did a great job against thomasville working with those kids. To me it looked like they continued to teach and work with them the whole game.

You are right. Being BRUTALIZED 51-6 is embarrassing. You want your team to COMPETE. Being used as tackling dummies takes a toil on a FOOTBALL program.

Anybody dare to predict the score against Concord. I know the HC there to be a class act, but there may just so much he can do to hold the score down......

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT