ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds vs Butler Rd 3 Playoffs

Congratulations Reynolds, what a gritty team.

Butler’s defense played well considering the interceptions. Three games Butler has lost this year and Lawrence has thrown seven interceptions including two tonight. He is young and will learn from this but I am not sure what he saw with that last int.

Congratulations to AC. Good luck next week.
In 2014, weddington hosted A.C. Reynolds and beat them. The following week they came up to our place and beat our really really good team.

In 2015, weddington hosted Asheville and beat them. The following week they came up to A.C. Reynolds and beat their really really good team with Rico dowdle.
The following year in 2016, weddington knocked ac Reynolds out of the playoffs for the third straight year.

In 2020, Asheville went to weddington and got stomped.

We are 0-6 combined against them all time. They are truly the Buncombe county killers

I liked the AC Reynolds announcer crew. It’s no secret who they were rooting for but they pointed out some missed calls that went against Butler. I thought this was an entertaining game.

I liked the AC Reynolds announcer crew. It’s no secret who they were rooting for but they pointed out some missed calls that went against Butler. I thought this was an entertaining game.
I was in and out of this game, but they were much more tolerable this game than last.

butler coach objected to acr students rushing the field. i don't blame him. imo you come on the field at your own risk when told repeatedly to stay off the field

Looked to be a little scuffle. Nothing serious. After everything was calmed dow, ACR had left the field and the Butler HC was screaming in that direction being held back by a couple of his assistants.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
Looked to be a little scuffle. Nothing serious. After everything was calmed dow, ACR had left the field and the Butler HC was screaming in that direction being held back by a couple of his assistants.
Heard he was upset about fans running on the field.

I was on the field and it was a little trash talk between two players, the Butler player shoved our guy he shoved back then several players got in to separate things and coaches sent our guys to the locker room. Nothing major, the Butler coach went after the officials after the game but was just frustrated I think. Losing in the playoffs is tough on young kids especially if it’s their last game ever.

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
Well good. Glad all is clear. Heard of a Middle School championship with guns going off. Mother was shot and passed the next day. Crazy world.

I didn’t really see anybody stand out for the Butler offense. It looked like they didn’t have any one player that was their go to guy. Like for Reynolds, it was clear, Max Guest was getting ball on damn near every play. There might be some different motion by a WR or a FB or a different formation of some kind, but odds are, number 5 was getting the ball.
Butler didn’t have one guy on offense where you were like “they need to get the ball to him”. In fact, offensively, there wasn’t even anybody on the butler offense that physically stood out as someone who MIGHT be that guy.
You could tell the Butler QB is going to be good, but you could also tell that he was a sophomore.

I hope they do. I notice Weddington barely got by Marvin Ridge twice.
Weddington is not going to Wow you with any elite athletes. They play mistake free football, and they're well coached. ACR should out athlete them with clean play, which gives them nightmares.

In 2014, weddington hosted A.C. Reynolds and beat them. The following week they came up to our place and beat our really really good team.

In 2015, weddington hosted Asheville and beat them. The following week they came up to A.C. Reynolds and beat their really really good team with Rico dowdle.
The following year in 2016, weddington knocked ac Reynolds out of the playoffs for the third straight year.

In 2020, Asheville went to weddington and got stomped.

We are 0-6 combined against them all time. They are truly the Buncombe county killers
Yeah those were some great games! AC has run the gauntlet to get to this one , I just hope we can compete !

Reactions: BlueDevil95
Where's those guys that were discrediting ACR last week and their win over Chambers? Do they belong now?
Right here

You could be right, but they really haven’t played anyone to establish how good they really are. They took and L against Rabun-Gap, who lost to Providence Day. Should be a interesting game.

Not their fault, but they played one of the weakest schedules in 4A.
I agree. Like New Bern, they're a victim of their location.
Let’s focus on this season. I said historically mountain teams aren’t among the best. I also said that Reynolds isn’t one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the state. They are one of the top teams in 4A this year by virtue of making the playoffs. I also said they were the better team tonight because they won the game. Anything can happen but do I think Reynolds can make a run to a state title? In my opinion, no…not having to battle through the west. I still say Hough and East Forsyth are the remaining top teams and what I would consider favorites. It’s my opinion. No more or less valid than anyone else’s. To play well enough at home for one game to squeak out a one point win is one thing. To continue through the western gauntlet which includes Independence, Grimsley, Butler, Charlotte Catholic, East Forsyth and Hough is quite another. Reynolds has been home early. The rest of the way would include possibly both home and away games.

And then this happened (((( BOOM ))))

Then another win Lastnight

Last edited:
Weddington is not going to Wow you with any elite athletes. They play mistake free football, and they're well coached. ACR should out athlete them with clean play, which gives them nightmares.
Shelby played their JV's this year and I was really impressed. Dressed out about 60 and rotated 2 qbs that looked to be about 6-3 each. Watching their offensive line work was so impressive.

Reactions: nepsy7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT