ADVERTISEMENT

6-0 Murphy at 6-0 Robbinsville

I'll take 7-4 over the last 11.
Congrats on your run of late, it's been great one. You bring up 7-4 a lot and I dont blame you, you have every right to brag and gloat with the recent stretch but you also like to pick and choose dates. What about the other one? I'll take 35-18-1 in the modern era (worse than that if you go back before '72) personally. Murphy shuts down in 4 years so that series record will stand forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhs95
Congrats on your run of late, it's been great one. You bring up 7-4 a lot and I dont blame you, you have every right to brag and gloat with the recent stretch but you also like to pick and choose dates. What about the other one? I'll take 35-18-1 personally. Murphy shuts down in 4 years so that series record will stand forever.
Yea we will take those pile of state titles over that record anyday ole pal.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Nothing like a great rivalry like Murphy - Robbinsville! This is what high school football is all about...two top programs, two great coaches, two passionate fan bases and a bunch of tough players. Hope it continues for many years to come, regardless of the change in classification.

14 to 9 will stand forever also.
I'm more than happy with Murphy's 10 titles. 1970 was a title, went as far as they could.

Anyway that's a season achievement, has nothing to do with Murphy VS Robbinsville head to head. If you'll scroll up you're the one that brought up head to head records, not me. And you're the one thumping your chest about a "beating" (by your standards) if they rematch in two weeks, not me.

Last edited:
I'm more than happy with Murphy's 10 titles. 1970 was a title, went as far as they could.

Anyway that's a season achievement, has nothing to do with Murphy VS Robbinsville head to head. If you'll scroll up you're the one that brought up head to head records, not me. And you're the one thumping your chest about a "beating" (by your standards) if they rematch in two weeks, not me.

Murphy will never catch Robbinsville in state titles. That is where it counts.

You’re right on that. But head to head all time they own Robbinsville and will go out with a winning record against every SMC team in the conference when it’s all said and done.

Well if your record vs smaller school is something to hang your hat on then your good to go. Congrats.

#TITLETOWN
BK15T-$

Head to head we own you and we also put a few dubs on your title teams! #NOTEVENCLOSE

Last edited:
Im sure Walsh starts the seasons by saying we gotta beat Murphy. Nope.
#ChasingTheVille

Nothing like a great rivalry like Murphy - Robbinsville! This is what high school football is all about...two top programs, two great coaches, two passionate fan bases and a bunch of tough players. Hope it continues for many years to come, regardless of the change in classification.

Murphy isnt changing classifications.
Murphy is shutting down permanently.
Sad but its happening.

Ok
I'm now going
Robbinsville 21
Murphy 14
Going be close if we get by Mitchell
I'm giving Mitchell a slight edge on Robbinsville now but I'm thankful the players and coaches have giving us a chance at a Title. That's all you can ask for.

Ok
I'm now going
Robbinsville 21
Murphy 14
Going be close if we get by Mitchell
I'm giving Mitchell a slight edge on Robbinsville now but I'm thankful the players and coaches have giving us a chance at a Title. That's all you can ask for.

Good grief bk, let’s get through this week first.

Guys, time to let this thread go. Game is over Robbinsville won round one. Probably a rematch loons in 2 weeks.
Heard from multiple Murphy coaches that TJ is the most talented team Murphy will have faced this season. Dogs will have their hands full tomorrow night

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
You can thank the split 1a for that. Otherwise Murphy would very likely have already equaled or passed Robbinsville in state titles.
How many championships would Murphy have if it wasn’t for the split 1a and early college? You would have been playing in 1aa, I don’t think Murphy has ever made it to a western regional win they had to play up since the split... let’s not start comparing apples to oranges here, cause if it wasn’t for the split y’all would probably still be setting with the last one being 96’

How many championships would Murphy have if it wasn’t for the split 1a and early college? You would have been playing in 1aa, I don’t think Murphy has ever made it to a western regional win they had to play up since the split... let’s not start comparing apples to oranges here, cause if it wasn’t for the split y’all would probably still be setting with the last one being 96’
Murphy made the western regional final the only time they've gone 1AA in the last decade. Also in '05.

Murphy isnt changing classifications.
Murphy is shutting down permanently.
Sad but its happening.
Good grief bk, let’s get through this week first.
And Robbinsville would still be living off 1992 🤣 and before that what 83 or so?

Reactions: CherokeeKid
So the OP stated Murphy would be ahead if not for the split. Truthfully it would be 12-6.

Last edited:
Murphy would have less state titles if they had been 1AA but to say they would have none since '96 isnt accurate either. Murphy would've won 1AA in 2010, Murphy was better than the Albemarle team that won it that year, Murphy had played them a year prior and lost by one TD with a very young team.

Murphy would've made it to the 1AA state title game in 2016 and 2018 . The 2013 team would've had a good shot of getting to the 1AA title game too.

Murphy would have less state titles if they had been 1AA but to say they would have none since '96 isnt accurate either. Murphy would've won 1AA in 2010, Murphy was better than the Albemarle team that won it that year, Murphy had played them a year prior and lost by one TD with a very young team.

Murphy would've made it to the 1AA state title game in 2016 and 2018 . The 2013 team would've had a good shot of getting to the 1AA title game too.
Wow. Finally he isn’t talking about injuries..... Bravo!

Maybe so. But if you really wanna go there, you can mark the 92 title off your list for sure had Murphy been allowed to defend their title that season. Not arguing. Just saying.
No comment 😂. I didn’t take this conversation there lol. Pretty sure it was mbd who started all of this mess haha

Yeah but who we going have remaining to suit up?
We held together with shoe strings and chewing gum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT