ADVERTISEMENT

5-0 STARMOUNT @ 5-0 MOUNT AIRY

My thoughts are this. Mount Airy has a very special team. They have to clean up the penalties. Although, even after watching the game a second and third time on video, i still can’t see what the officials seen legitimate enough to call flags for on a few plays.
Starmount has a tough team and they showed a lot of determination and grit. If they stay together, they should do very well in the future. .
This game however, was completely dominated by da bears from start to finish.
Unless there are a lot of unforeseen circumstances, the Bears will be in the state championship game whether they play Robbinsville or any other SMC team this year. I am tired of dancing around that fact trying to show etiquette on this forum to the lesser quality teams this year. When most try to talk up their respective teams and pounce on the Bears and their fans on here. So, yes, we gonna live it up on here this year, bcause it is our year in the west, and because some of us like it. I have seen enough football in my time, to know winners when I see them and the Bears are the team to beat. For all of you haters, pick another year because this is not yours.
Everyone has an opinion and that is mine. Like it or not!

Barring injury. Mt Airy will be a ridiculous out. But Friday night, only for a 1&3/4 qtrs…The Rams went blow for blow with The Bears.. Honestly, had the bears played that sloppily against a team like Robbinsville has this year..with penalties and such( shades of Mitchell game) then everyone knows what the outcome has the potential to be.. Mt. Airy is by far head and shoulders better than any 1a team they are likely to face this year. But had a few of us in the stands shell shocked at the end of the 1st half. Maybe a totally different ballgame if not for bone headed play on kick off return to begin 2nd half by Rams.. who knows.. That changed everything..

Either way Roughtrader4444 like you said it’s kind of irrelevant .. Mt. Airy has a phenomenal team with or without some of the venom/opinion you spray at times. Starmount was outmatched but for the 3rd game in a row against the Bears ..Starmount kind of decided that there was only 1 half of football to the game only to get blown out the 2nd half.

Last edited:
I would think that would leave a 1a conference of East Wilkes, Elkin, North Stokes, South Stokes, Alleghany, ?North Wilkes?, ?West Wilkes?
None of those teams will be 1a going by the information we have now

Last edited:
He’s claims to be an East Surry fan, but rarely post anything about them.
I'm a bandwagon kind of guy. Pretty disappointed in myself for cheering them on for a few years after what we did to Dave. I was right there in the mix helping it happen. I'm not sure we wouldn't have wanted if we had kept him. But it's all right.

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedFan27
Guys who was the punter for Starmount? He will be punting on Saturdays very good.
Buzz he won the award at App State and maybe another College over the summer for the longest punt. I think it went 82 yards with 4.5 second hang time. I think he will probably have his choice for playing on Saturdays. He can also probably throw the ball at least 60 yards in the air. I see him in warm-ups throwing consistent 50 yard passes like they're 30 yarders. No telling how far he can throw it.

The punter in the second half of the Mt Airy game was Jr Jacob Groce he can also punt really well.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Not new but 64 limit
435 schools
That's 7 classes.
1a 410

The Republicans could change all this. Who knows

Reactions: thekidd12
He said he has family playing at both schools if my memory is correct. With that said if correct then he would be pulling more for MA since ES is down and will not go deep at all in 2A playoffs anytime soon.
Thank you for the explanation, he also said he was a bandwagon fan. I usually pull for my teams through good times and bad times. Dang I’m a Panther fan.

Thank you for the explanation, he also said he was a bandwagon fan. I usually pull for my teams through good times and bad times. Dang I’m a Panther fan.
Why would he be pulling for ES on the 1A boards ? Some would say something wrong about it and ES is not even in the talks on the 2A board this year. He wants to be on here talking about family. It is great that he is pulling for a family member at Mount Airy.

Hibriten
Patton
Ledford
North Johnston
Northside
Franklin
Washington County
Dudley
Piedmont
Morehead
North Pitt
Orange
East Duplin
Providence
Granville
Pasquotank County
And a few others

It's the most common mascot in NC, I think.

They even had to name our professional team the Panthers.

Hibriten
Patton
Ledford
North Johnston
Northside
Franklin
Washington County
Dudley
Piedmont
Morehead
North Pitt
Orange
East Duplin
Providence
Granville
Pasquotank County
And a few others

It's the most common mascot in NC, I think.

They even had to name our professional team the Panthers.
[Professional team lol!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT