ADVERTISEMENT

4A West RPI's

So we are playing the wonders of alb again but yet no prelims at NCHSAA so how do we know this?

So we are playing the wonders of alb again but yet no prelims at NCHSAA so how do we know this?
The new RPI came out early this morning and they’ve taken them down. Based on those RPRs, it looks like Kannapolis could be playing Mooresville.

The new RPI came out early this morning and they’ve taken them down. Based on those RPRs, it looks like Kannapolis could be playing Mooresville.
Just I wish people would wait until it’s comes out instead of posting Its official that we are playing each other

Reactions: RammanuelKant
Watauga has played a total of two 4A teams. I know geography plays a role in who they play and I congratulate them on an outstanding season. Certainly level of competition has to figured in addition to opponents winning percentage
Wow

I will agree the RPI ranking system is messed up. It should be RIP system.
I personally like RPI. % could be adjusted. Otherwise you have a ranking system which no ones knows the formula for how teams are ranked, i.e. Max Preps.. no ones knows their formula. Or you have "people's opinions". I do agree there should be a better solution to a 3A team counting as much as a 4A team for seeding 4A teams. That said, schools don't have unlimited budgets. Watauga for example does not have the wealth in their community to support their team travelling like a team around a major metro area.

I believe going to 7 classifications will help with levelling the playing field. That said you will have lots more split conferences I believe, and teams will play have schedules similar to Watauga possibly.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Weddington couldn't even take 6 and 4 Marvin Ridge but they take the State title?
It’s about matchups. Grimsley was 5 points away from losing to Page last season in conference and ended up playing in States so it’s possible.

Horse apples. #1 Rolesville loses to Grimsley by 29, 63-34! Undefeated Grimsley at #6. Clearly an inequitable system,

It’s about matchups. Grimsley was 5 points away from losing to Page last season in conference and ended up playing in States so it’s possible.
The Page - Grimsley Rivalry is a different beast all together but it was a win none the less. A 2 loss team doesn't belong as the number 1 seed period. Especially if the lost was the last game and they played against a 6 and 4 team.

The Page - Grimsley Rivalry is a different beast all together but it was a win none the less. A 2 loss team doesn't belong as the number 1 seed period. Especially if the lost was the last game and they played against a 6 and 4 team.
Marvin /Weddington May not be as old as Page Grimsley but it is a bitter rivalry. Weddington was split and formed Marvin. Those kids grow up playing together in youth leagues by high school it’s heated. MR is 6-4 but they’ve been without their shrine bowl QB for most of the season . Marvin wanted it more. Weddington will be ready

Marvin /Weddington May not be as old as Page Grimsley but it is a bitter rivalry. Weddington was split and formed Marvin. Those kids grow up playing together in youth leagues by high school it’s heated. MR is 6-4 but they’ve been without their shrine bowl QB for most of the season . Marvin wanted it more. Weddington will be ready
I'm not cutting on Marvin Ridge, they played a hell of a game. My commentary was on Weddingtons #1 seed after the loss.

I'm not cutting on Marvin Ridge, they played a hell of a game. My commentary was on Weddingtons #1 seed after the loss.
I agree with that .. even with 1 loss… that’s my team but the seeding system is stupid. The 1 wasn’t such a good draw anyway Butler will come out of the bottom half . They got a better draw and deserved it

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I agree with that .. even with 1 loss… that’s my team but the seeding system is stupid. The 1 wasn’t such a good draw anyway Butler will come out of the bottom half . They got a better draw and deserved it
I agree. Butler doesn’t see Weddington, Grimsley, Hough, Chambers until the West Finals potentially.

I think if Butler plays clean football they should be fine but they won’t roll through the bracket. I expect competitive games. Watch out for Mallard Creek.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT