ADVERTISEMENT

4A State Championship Grimsley Vs. New Bern

Congratulations New Bern. Loved seeing a 4A school run to a championship. Never thought that would happen. Met some New Bern posters at K38 in Wilmington some years ago - maybe lovethembears. Congrats guys.
It wasn't me even though I lived in Wilmington for 6 years. After my older son went 0-11 at Laney in 2010, I packed up the family and moved to the Bern!
Go Bears!

The Grimsley QB is special! There big d-lineman not so much-they were slow. That 355 lb boy is going to need to lose 30-40lbs before he plays college ball!
Agreed, wish they would have just aired it out and made jump balls all game

Reactions: ncjeff
Grimsley, QB is a heck of a player. NB secondary did a great job coving and the QB just could drop it in there. He was overthrowing the short passes and was short on the long ones. It’s hard, I’m not knocking him. To win these games you have to make some plays and he only made 1. NB defense made plays like they have all year.

Shout out to the Bear's O-line, those boys controlled the line all night!! Bears' D-line played well too! Samson was by far the best D-lineman on the field tonight! Wish he would stay in state for his college ball!!
Also, the bear's QB and RB's running that offense is truly a thing of beauty-would never have thought I would see high school kids that could run it so magically!!! Great coaching!!!!!!!

I agree with you for the most part. The margins of victory have gotten as tight as they can get. I'm not sure what New Bern has on the offensive line, but if there are any holes there at all, expect Grimsley defensive front to slow that rushing attack down a bit. New Bern will need to be balanced to beat Grimsley. You have to be able to pass on them.
New Bern ran it 54 times for 400 yards and didn't complete a single pass and scored 40.

Look man, I was just expressing what I thought was needed to ensure Grimsley lost. OKAY? lol thank you for not even needing to do it! <3
Congratulations to New Bern. Ran the ball for 400 yards and scored 40. I thought Grimsley’s D was starting to rise to the occasion but couldn’t keep it going. Like I took flak all week for saying, Grimsley’s D was porous and allowed over 34.7 ppg in the playoffs. Tough to win a championship that way. But congrats to both teams on a great season.

QB is a stud! He runs like Cheetah. Nasty. That Bear QB and crew wus ah-making me dizzy. Dey wus doing circles, crisscross trikery plays, going under opponent legs, over their heads, crossovers like Iverson and much more. Grimsley looked like dey wus ah-playing duh Harlem Globetrotters of football. Both team wus good but The Bern wus duh better one on the biggest stage.

I knows where ever CT147 is at in New York, he's spinning his shirt like a helicopter.

Congratulations to The Bern

Reactions: ncjeff and Warhead1
DOWN GOES THE GREENSBORO ALL STARS!!!!

Now, The question is who will be in the Portal and headed that way? Anyone in the Metro with a QB better be paying their guy or Slack Brown will have him in the GSO Sr High Jersey next fall
Current odds to be starting QB for HC Slack Brown & the GSOASFBC (If you don't know what GSOASFBC is do some research dummy.

Grimsley JV QB - 2 to 1
NWG QB - 3 to 1
Page QB - 5 to 1
Someone outside the 336 - 6 to 1
😅🤣

Guys, I as a NHHS fan, I am very familiar with New Bern. Over the last 15 years some of our better teams have unfortunately ran into New Bern teams that made deep playoff runs. I knew I was going to see good speed last night. I did not expect to see angry runners. So impressed with the power after contact and fighting for extra yardage without losing the ball. Fun to watch.

The kids on the New Bern team came up together. The bigger city schools in Charlotte and Greensboro have kids transfer in like crazy to make a dominant team. That's why I respect this New Bern team like crazy!
The #1 All-Star team in Charlotte has never won anything. You'll always have more success with kids, who've played together for a long period of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT