ADVERTISEMENT

4A Greater Metro

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Anyone want to make a way too early perdition for this conference.
Here is my 2 cents worth

1) Hickory Ridge
2) Mooresville
3) AL Brown
4) Lake Norman
5) Cox Mill
6) West Cabarrus
7) South Iredell

3-6 could be in different order

Last edited:
my to early picks

1 Hickory Ridge
2 Mooresville
3 Lake Norman
4/5 AL Brown or Cox Mill
6 South Iredell
7 West Cabarrus

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
On paper Hickory Ridge should be the overwhelming favorite.

1. Hickory Ridge
2-3-4. Mooresville/Lake Norman/A.L. Brown
5-6. Cox Mill/West Cabarrus
7. South Iredell

I could see South Iredell challenge Cox and West for sole possession of 5th.

To early for me to predict bc I don’t know much about all the teams this yr

If I had give a guess
1. HR
2. LN
3. Mooresville
4. AL Brown
5. Cox Mill
6. West Cabarrus
7. SI

Our Scrimmage schedule might be tougher than our whole schedule combined lol.

VS Hough (At Hough)
VS Grimsley (at Mooresville)

I know for sure we got Hough. Haven’t confirmed the Grimsley one, but would make sense… they’ve been coming to the Mooresville Jamboree the last cpl years

Since AL Brown n South Rowan is back on schedule playing each other, I’m curious to see what crowd turnout will be. I just don’t think there will be much competition as it use to be from years back. But it is neat see these two teams reunited playing each other.

KJ Gillespie, and his brother, have moved to Mooresville from Hough. Gillespie (top DL from class of 26) holds offers from Va Tech, Kentucky, UNCC currently.
The rich just keeps getting richer.

Their originally from Statesville,so them moving back to Iredell County shouldn't be a big surprise

I’m hearing that Mooresville is using the new NIL to get players to transfer to Mooresville.
what a free cheese burger after every game ...... I dont think that will get many.

We dont got a limo or helicopter and such like others

Reactions: 84k
Actually just saw the list, looks like Mooresville went 5-0 in pool play and bounced in the knock out round

Their pool was:

Knightdale
Asheville
TW Andrews
Catawba Ridge
GW Danville
Mooresville

Last edited:
On paper Hickory Ridge should be the overwhelming favorite.

1. Hickory Ridge
2-3-4. Mooresville/Lake Norman/A.L. Brown
5-6. Cox Mill/West Cabarrus
7. South Iredell

I could see South Iredell challenge Cox and West for sole possession of 5th.
I’m slowly starting to trend WC 5, and CM/SI 6&7.

Also thinking MV two, and the gap getting smaller between HR/MV

Lot of unknowns with SI. Looking at their current roster which doesn’t look fully developed. Looks like lot of small and undersize players. But some of players doesn’t show size or weight. But we should see the full roster when August comes in.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
South is South. They have had many changes in the last 3-4 years kinda like Mooresville - Until they get some type of Balance and Long term coaches n ADs and what now then Its going to be tough slide for South Iredell

I think high end for south this year is 4 total wins or so and 2 will be in conference imo i think they could get a win over WC, maybe CM or something like that but not much more

I think depending on who u ask

I have ALB as my dark horse. I think they have some talent still there and with a "new" coach that understands ALB n all will see if It can translate into wins. I think they will be better sooner then later.

Also LN has the same chance as well to do well this yr and I have them 3rd this year and someone else has them 2nd. LN will still a very solid program and ofc coaching is solid over there and LN has a good chance do well this yr

Both West Cab and CM will be rebuilding. Talent is hit or miss there but Both of the teams imo will be better in next 2-3 year.

West Cab. made the best hire of the off season but question will be how long do they keep their new HC bc he is a HOT commodity. I think he will have WC in the right direction but going take a few yrs.

I think CM still has some talent but got spots they have to replace and with a new staff n all it may take 1yr or 2 get back and I think they will still be good but prob 4th at most imo

Was told 6 starter’s from Cox Mill transferred to Hough.
Maybe, if they’re looking for water boy jobs lol. Don’t think CM would’ve had anyone that would’ve started at Hough. I know a couple did, but idk about 6. I know 1 went to LKN.

Maybe, if they’re looking for water boy jobs lol. Don’t think CM would’ve had anyone that would’ve started at Hough. I know a couple did, but idk about 6. I know 1 went to LKN.
Not going to say who told me, but it was a very reliable person. 6 did transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT