ADVERTISEMENT

4A East

portcity FB

Nov 8, 2004
Most teams are heading into conference play. I feel the East is wide open. Who improves the most over the next 7 weeks is what’s most important. I dont think there is a clear cut favorite. CG was the favorite but they have not been dominant. New Bern hasn’t played anyone, Rolesville, Jordan, Millbrook, Leesville, Cleveland all look strong but beatable. Then there’s Pinecrest, Hoggard, Holly Springs.
If Jordan can somehow tighten up their defense they will be very tough to beat. Their O line will get even better and their run attack is impressive.
How good is New Bern? I don’t think most people expect them to be as good as last year but maybe they are.

Most teams are heading into conference play. I feel the East is wide open. Who improves the most over the next 7 weeks is what’s most important. I dont think there is a clear cut favorite. CG was the favorite but they have not been dominant. New Bern hasn’t played anyone, Rolesville, Jordan, Millbrook, Leesville, Cleveland all look strong but beatable. Then there’s Pinecrest, Hoggard, Holly Springs.
If Jordan can somehow tighten up their defense they will be very tough to beat. Their O line will get even better and their run attack is impressive.
How good is New Bern? I don’t think most people expect them to be as good as last year but maybe they are.
Nah, we never play anyone:). The defending champs lost everyone but 2 OL and the QB on offense. Best returning player on the front 7 transferred to Providence. But they have a few freshman and sophomore studs on D to go along with #5 and #9 from last year that shut down a lot of 4* recruits in the playoffs. Really impressed with their defense thus far as I thought we would struggle with replacing everyone but the 2 DB's. We'll know a lot more about NB after these next 2 games. Jordan will be in every game with that OL and RB.

Reactions: UNC1980Swo
Nah, we never play anyone:). The defending champs lost everyone but 2 OL and the QB on offense. Best returning player on the front 7 transferred to Providence. But they have a few freshman and sophomore studs on D to go along with #5 and #9 from last year that shut down a lot of 4* recruits in the playoffs. Really impressed with their defense thus far as I thought we would struggle with replacing everyone but the 2 DB's. We'll know a lot more about NB after these next 2 games. Jordan will be in every game with that OL and RB.
Good to hear NB has a lot of Freshman and Sophomores on varsity. The NB JV have been getting hammered!

Good to hear NB has a lot of Freshman and Sophomores on varsity. The NB JV have been getting hammered!
And they'll continue to get hammered as NB has always believed in playing your good players on Varsity and give those youngsters valuable experience against higher competition.

This past week alone, one 10th grader had an INT, another 10th grader had an INT, one 10th grader had 2 rushing TD's, one 9th grader had a rushing TD. That 9th grader has an INT, fumble return TD and 4 other offensive TD's for the year. Have a 10th grader averaging 11 tackles a game. The Senior QB from last year's run is playing both ways right now and is looking Mike Hughes-esque

If you want to the talk about the team with the most dudes and upside this season, it's Jordan, then Rolesville...probably followed by Clayton. (Don't take your eye off of South View either, very strong this season)

Teams that are hard to beat in November/December when it's cold.....Cleveland, New Bern, Gibbons.

I think the most complete team in Eastern NC is Leesville Road, and to me, they are still the #1 team in ENC.

Pinecrest, Hoggard and Laney all have a shot in my eyes to go deep.

If there were any underdogs that I would keep an eye out for, they would be Gray's Creek and Garner.

Reactions: portcity FB
If you want to the talk about the team with the most dudes and upside this season, it's Jordan, then Rolesville...probably followed by Clayton. (Don't take your eye off of South View either, very strong this season)

Teams that are hard to beat in November/December when it's cold.....Cleveland, New Bern, Gibbons.

I think the most complete team in Eastern NC is Leesville Road, and to me, they are still the #1 team in ENC.

If there were any underdogs that I would keep an eye out for, they would be Gray's Creek and Garner.
Good to hear from my old friend. I agree with your post except I do not see Laney going very deep. They are about at the same level of NH. I think they beat NH this year but it will be close.
Also, LR opponents are 1-9, SV opp record is 3-8. NB opp record is 2-8.
SV plays 71st this week so we will see what they have. LR plays WF is 2 weeks so we will get a better idea what they have. NB plays Havelock this week and they are ok. Laney should have beaten Havelock and Laney may very well finish 4th in the conf this year. I do not know what Jacksonville has. Hoggard was up 38-0 on Rose late in the 4th before Rose scored twice on backups so they aren’t great this year. NB may not face a very strong team until the playoffs unless its Jacksonville.
Grays Cr plays 71st in 2 weeks so we will see what they have as well.
A bad team can make a good team look great!

Good to hear from my old friend. I agree with your post except I do not see Laney going very deep. They are about at the same level of NH. I think they beat NH this year but it will be close.
Also, LR opponents are 1-9, SV opp record is 3-8. NB opp record is 2-8.
SV plays 71st this week so we will see what they have. LR plays WF is 2 weeks so we will get a better idea what they have. NB plays Havelock this week and they are ok. Laney should have beaten Havelock and Laney may very well finish 4th in the conf this year. I do not know what Jacksonville has. Hoggard was up 38-0 on Rose late in the 4th before Rose scored twice on backups so they aren’t great this year. NB may not face a very strong team until the playoffs unless its Jacksonville.
A bad team can make a good team look great!
We’ll see what we have here shortly, not doing too bad for a team that was predicted to finish 4th by conference members and other media outlets.

Pinecrest that good? Seems their non-conference is very easy.

Pinecrest that good? Seems their non-conference is very easy.
Non conf s scd was not very difficult. Now they have RC who has played a tremendous no conf scd but they have been hammered every game. Three of SC wins are by a total of 13 points. They could be sitting at 1-3 instead of 4-0. I think this conference is down a bit this year and I wouldn’t be surprised if Pinecrest rolled right thru it.

I've seen Richmond in person, they aren't that impressive, but I agree that they've played a brutal schedule. I think Pinecrest should be favored, but would not be surprised in the slightest if Richmond won.

Here are some teams listed in this thread.

Rolesville 43 AD 7
Leesville 28 WF 34
NB 15 Havelock 14
Cleveland 51 CH. 0
SV 14 71st 47
Grays Cr 39 PS 43
Laney 40 Ashley 13
HS 35 MC 20
Millbrook 55 Sanderson 7
Hoggard 52 NB 0

Leesville, SV, GC go down this week. NB squeezed by Havelock to keep their win streak alive.

Great win by "da Bears" over Havelock last night, but they really need to cut down on penalties!!!!

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
This week.

Rolesville @ Wakfield
CG vs Hillside
Cleveland @ S. Garner
HS @ Apex Fr
NB @ Jacksonville
Jordan @ Millbrook
Hoggard @ Laney
Clayton @ Garner
Pinecrest @ RC
SV @ Byrd

Some really nice matchups this week. Millbrook needs this game to get back in the hunt. If Laney is going to win their first conf championship in 22 years they will have to beat Hoggard. NB has a 20 game win streak and they travel to Jacksonville. Garner has turned things around and look very good, they host a strong Clayton team. Both teams lost very close games to HS.

This week.

Rolesville @ Wakfield
CG vs Hillside
Cleveland @ S. Garner
HS @ Apex Fr
NB @ Jacksonville
Jordan @ Millbrook
Hoggard @ Laney
Clayton @ Garner
Pinecrest @ RC
SV @ Byrd

Some really nice matchups this week. Millbrook needs this game to get back in the hunt. If Laney is going to win their first conf championship in 22 years they will have to beat Hoggard. NB has a 20 game win streak and they travel to Jacksonville. Garner has turned things around and look very good, they host a strong Clayton team. Both teams lost very close games to HS.
*21-game winning streak for NB. With a win, they most likely wrap up the conference title. Remember, they were predicted to finish tied for 4th with D.H. Conley.

When it came to 71st, neither the South View tailback they praise so much nor the offense they mention made a single difference.

When it came to 71st, neither the South View tailback they praise so much nor the offense they mention made a single difference.
Scheduling is difficult. Sometimes you scd teams that you think will be good but end up being average or bad. When teams play 3 weak team many time they can look like world beaters. Always good to see them play a good team to get a better idea of what they have. SV may be able to get much better now that they know where they are.

Big challenge tonight to keep the streak going as we’ll be extremely short handed. Gonna need to score on special teams and win the turnover battle to have a shot.

What’s going on in Craven County now?
The good ole BOE. Not going to get into it on here but it's definitely not a good look for adults/fans of other Craven County schools celebrating it on social media. Just gotta get behind these kids and make sure they stay straight now that they don't have football to turn to.

Was this game against JHS this lopsided because of something that happened in craven County ? I expected JhS to win but not like this???

Was this game against JHS this lopsided because of something that happened in craven County ? I expected JhS to win but not like this???
Not sure it would’ve mattered result wise but it certainly would’ve been closer. Have known Beau since I was in High School, nobody deserves it more than him. Congrats to the Cards, hoping y’all win out.

Hate that the Bears were not at full strength as this would have been a good game to see where they are. Jacksonville is a tough place to play and they are so good up front every year. A 21 game winning streak is very impressive and hard to do.

Hoggard 49 Laney 15
Jville 41 NB 18
Pinecrest 20 RC 12
AF 26 HS 21
CG 24. Hillside 6
Cleveland 35 SG 0
Clayton 29 Garner 2

This weeks games. The last two weeks have seen a number of upsets.

Rolesville @ Wakfield
CG @ Athens Dr
Cleveland vs FV
HS vs Cary
NB vs S. Central
Millbrook @ Heritage
Hoggard vs W. Brunswick
Clayton @ SE Ral
Pinecrest vs S. Lee
SV vs Lumberton
Jordan @ Ch Hill
WF vs Knightdale
LR @ Sanderson
Laney @ S. Brunswick

Rolesville 58 Wakfield 0
CG 53 Athens Dr 6
Cleveland 47 FV 0
HS 56 Cary 22
NB 53 S. Central 6
Millbrook 20 Heritage 14
Hoggard 44 W. Brunswick 7
Clayton 13 SE Ral 6
Pinecr 49 S. Lee 7
SV 52 Lumberton 14
Jordan 65 Ch Hill 0
WF 40 Knightdale 0
LR 21 Sanderson 14
Laney 52 S. Brunswick 0

I would put Rolesville, Cleveland, Hoggard, CG, Millbrook top 5.

Rolesville @ Millbrook (This is a huge game)
Cleveland vs Willow Spr
Hoggard vs Ashley
CG @ Enloe
Clayton vs S. Garner
Jordan vs E. Chapel Hill
WF vs Wakefield
PC vs Lee Co.
HS @ Green Lev
NB vs Jacksonville Northside
LR @ Broughton
Laney @ West Brunswick
Garner vs SE Raleigh

Rolesville 53 Millbrook 30
Cleveland 52 Willow Spr 7
Hoggard 38 Ashley 6
CG 59 Enloe 0
Clayton 49 S. Garner 6
Jordan 70 E. Chapel Hill 0
PC 23 Lee Co. 13
HS 24 Green Lev 20
NB 61 Jacksonville Northside 14
LR 56 Broughton 7
Laney 49 West Brunswick 7
Garner 22 SE Raleigh 14

Rolesville is clearly the team to beat at this point in the season.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Rolesville 67 Knightdale 0
Cleveland 51 SE Ral 6
Hoggard 45 Topsail 0
CG 50 Sanderson 0
Clayton 44 Cor Holders 0
Jordan 70 Dur Riverside 0
PC 27 SC 17
HS 52 Green Hope 0
NB 26 Rose 21
LR 49 Enloe 0
Laney 35 NH 0
Garner 0 FV 13

Reactions: Swo1980
New Bern locks up the 10 seed on Friday with a win against DH Conley. Best case scenario for us is Rolesville getting the #1 seed and pushing them atop the bracket and getting #2 Pinecrest in Round 3 (if New Bern and PC win first 2 games). However, can't imagine Pinecrest getting a top #2 seed if Rolesville/Cleveland win out. Say what you want about the RPI, but it's fun to refresh the page each week to see who is where.

Reactions: FB fan 92
Rolesville 75 WF 27
Cleveland 48 Garner 7
Hoggard 56 S. Brunswick 0
CG 63 Broughton 3
Clayton 49 WS 6
Jordan 49 ND 0
PC 35 Hoke 6
HS 44 Apex 41
NB 52 DHC 20
LR 54 AD 0
Laney 40 N. Brunswick 0