ADVERTISEMENT

3A 3A Western Boys Ranking According to Returning Scoring and # Players Back

1way2play

Dec 4, 2005
This includes record from last season, # of returning players, and the points per game that the teams have coming back.

Anyone know of any adjustments to this because a player has left their previous school and moved to another?

Just because a team has a number of returnees and points does not automatically guarantee them a successful season. Very rarely do these predictions play out during the season.

Central Cabarrus has to be the favorite coming out of the west this season. They are loaded.

Please provide any insights on your teams this season.

3A West Season Predictions based on Returning Scoring

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Freedom boys return the two leading scorers in Amore Connelly and Philly Harris who had about 19 and 12 ppg respectively (this is from memory, so it may not be exact). Both are explosive and Connelly may be the most explosive player to ever play at Freedom if he continues to progress. The Patriots lost two starters, but have some guys back who excelled as role players and they could make noise if the pieces come together.

The Lady Patriots lost a lot to graduation and it will take time for the young team to gel. There are promising players coming back for the Lady Pats and I think they will be better than expected, but it will take a few games for them to learn to play together effectively.

I think AJ Adams for Crest takes it to another level this year. Also heard Crest got a couple transfers that could really contribute. Have to replace Mari Adams but Coach Levine is excited about this team.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Hickory's Jayden Maddox has decided not to play at HHS this year and will play with a travel team based out of Charlotte. Jamien Little, 2nd leading returning scorer, is mending from a separated shoulder due to a football injury. HHS still has some talented kids and Coach Willis will figure out how to get his team to compete. I see them starting off slower than what was anticipated, but they will be in the mix sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Freedom boys return the two leading scorers in Amore Connelly and Philly Harris who had about 19 and 12 ppg respectively (this is from memory, so it may not be exact). Both are explosive and Connelly may be the most explosive player to ever play at Freedom if he continues to progress. The Patriots lost two starters, but have some guys back who excelled as role players and they could make noise if the pieces come together.

The Lady Patriots lost a lot to graduation and it will take time for the young team to gel. There are promising players coming back for the Lady Pats and I think they will be better than expected, but it will take a few games for them to learn to play together effectively.

Heard today that this will be his last season at FHS. (Going to combine academy )

Heard today that this will be his last season at FHS. (Going to combine academy )
Who knows. The kid is freakishly talented and could (COULD I emphasize) be the best men's basketball player ever to come out of Freedom high school. He has D1 talent, but the difference at the next level is huge. Maybe he thinks he can go somewhere where he can up his game to get ready for that. Kids today have lots of options and you can't blame them for trying to improve themselves by exercising those options.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Had a chance to watch Crest/RS Central scrimmage last Thursday. The big Soph for RS is something to watch. Really was surprised at how well Crest played with so many guys playing football. The Brad Levine full court press should be tough once again.

Coaching change at Combine so I’d be surprised if he doesn’t reclass and leave after this year.

Reactions: swatz19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT