ADVERTISEMENT

30 days until bball season starts.....

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
With 1A seemingly being wide open on both sides plus with all the changes and removal of the pod system is anybody else excited to get the season going?

I'm excited. In western boys, I think there will be more parity than most years. I'm sure WSP will still be very good, but with how much they lost I don't see them coasting through regionals again this year. Cherryville, Robbinsville, Hayesville, Alleghany, and Albermarle should all have good teams this year (and I'm sure I'm leaving some out), so it will be fun to see who comes out of the west. In the east, East Carteret should be tough to beat. They were a few seconds from being state champs last year and I believe have most of the team back. Pinetown Northside should also be good with Bam Bam Adebayo dominating downlow.

On the girls side, I'm really excited to see how the dissolution of the pods affects the playoffs. Are the midwest teams actually far superior to the west teams like I've been reading on here for the last few years? I guess this year we will finally get to find out. My guess is no, as I think Hayesville, Hiwassee Dam, Robbinsville, and Cherokee will all be competitive with anybody in the state. But I've been wrong before.

It will definitely be interesting on both sides. I think on the girls side that Midwest pod was brutal. I have heard of a lot of teams padding their schedule to get the home court advantage so I don't know if the difference in the pod system will be seen this year. I think until proven otherwise the road to the sc will go through Bishop. But I know Albemarle is strong this year and seeing hayesville at summer camp they are as well. So it is wide open.

On the boys side like the girls I think the road to the SC runs through prep until somebody proves otherwise. It will be interesting to see if prep has come back down to earth.

The east is a much easier road to the SC. I think with boys and girls on the east you have maybe 2-3 high level teams and on the west you have 8-10 that could make a run. Matchups will be key come playoff time. I am very excited to get the first tip off going.

I can't wait either. I love football, but I'm ready for some roundball. It's gonna be a fun year as usual.

I agree 100%. Should be a fantastic year for basketball. I am still interested if the no pods this year will help with the parity. Hoping a traditional boundary is able to knock off Bishop and Prep this year in 1A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT