ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCHSAA 2A Boys Basketball Championships

Seems they had the games on TV in the past, but not sure about last year.

TGT...are you gonna make it this week...haven't seen you at any games??
I saw Lincolnton and Robinson games. In quarantine for the Lincoln Charter game and will miss this Saturday - already booked to attend another competition (dance). Hate to miss it. I was at the 1973, 1994 and 2003 championship games.

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
Looks like the Rams will face another team led by a superstar ... at Farmville Central it's Jah Short, a 6-4 senior shooting guard. He's averaging right around 24 points per game. He's set to play at New Orleans next season.

Here's an online feature from the Greenville, NC newspaper from earlier in the season:
https://www.reflector.com/sports/hi...cle_df48dc5f-1734-5ee5-801f-d72cc80c922c.html
Short has plenty of help ... in the hard-fought win over Goldsboro, J.D. Daniels (6-3 junior) was a key man in the rally from a seven-point deficit in the third quarter. Daniels and Short both finished with 22 points. Mykal Williams (5-10 sophomore) and Jayden Pitt (5-11 senior) also average double digit points.

Channel 40 in Asheville is listing the 2A and 4A games. Which is great because I want to see this one, but also really wanted to see 3A boys.

Reidsville took the West!! How many had them coming out of the West when the playoffs started?

Congratulations to the Rams!!

Reidsville took the West!! How many had them coming out of the West when the playoffs started?

Congratulations to the Rams!!
I thought they had a real shot as I said on here before. Just hard to guard Neal off the dribble and hard to out rebound this rams team. Great supporting cast as well. Everyone knows their role and plays it well.

Veteran Farmville team is definitely the favorite, but Rams can add a measure of confidence since they beat Robinson, the team that stunned Farmville in the state championship game last year.

Veteran Farmville team is definitely the favorite, but Rams can add a measure of confidence since they beat Robinson, the team that stunned Farmville in the state championship game last year.
Please do not act like that was the same Robinson team that beat Farmville last year because it wasn't.

Please do not act like that was the same Robinson team that beat Farmville last year because it wasn't.
Not same Farmville team either, although Derrick Cox was the only key graduate.
Comparing scores, especially from previous season, is not worth much.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
All I can say is Jah Short is LONG on talent ... Farmville leads 35-30 at half ... Rams hurt by turnovers but the freshmen are playing their hearts out as are the rest of the Rams ... Farmville has cashed in a bunch of offensive rebounds.
Short has 20-some points.

Haltime stats

Farmville Central

Rebounds
JD Daniels 5

Field Goal
13 for 35 =37.1 %

Reidsville

Rebounds
Kendre Harrison 6

Field Goals 11 for 26 =29.4%

That's a low FG percentage (29) for the Rams ... credit Farmville but the Rams have missed some they normally would make. 9 turnovers also more than usual.

That's a low FG percentage (29) for the Rams ... credit Farmville but the Rams have missed some they normally would make. 9 turnovers also more than usual.
That’s actually a good thing to be only shooting 29 percent and only down by 5. Hopefully they can turn it around enough to pull it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT