ADVERTISEMENT

20-30-30-20 realignment model

I'll let you know next year when the conferences are finalized. You will most likely see each class subdivide again and that really sucks.

Kudos to the NCHSAA for trying something bold. It might strengthen the 4A conferences, but we shall see.

I think it is more in line with ADMs. I like the move for every classification. Will be toughest on the 3A teams in my opinion. Wake, Guildford, and Meck Counties had the bulk of the teams already in 4A. Huge disparity in the 4A teams outside of these three counties in terms of enrollment.

Due to travel we will see even more split conferences which I don't like at all. Come playoff time the records in split conferences will skew the actual seeds even more.

I saw somewhere there will be 75 schools in 4A after the new realignment .. That's only 11 schools that will not make the playoffs.

Would like to see 1A and 4A not subdivide but I know that is not going to happen and probably not fair to the smaller 1A school more so than the smaller 4A schools.

2A and 3A schools may complain that they have more teams to get through but the enrollments are much closer in number so I think it makes sense to offset the classes in number. I

Reactions: Screamin' Monk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT