ADVERTISEMENT

1AA Playoffs Round 2:North Stanly VS Murphy

North has never had a playoff game like this but in reality they haven’t had many playoff games in their history and I’m not really sure if they have ever hosted a playoff game before. Maybe a North fan could answer that and if they have ever won a playoff game before.If not this would be a good one to start with.
They got to the second round in 2013 but ever other time have gotten beat in the first round.

Well they’ve made it to the second round this year. Maybe this is the year they make history and make a deep run on the playoffs.

There is plenty of room there at NS. Albemarle does have nice place. Not maintained well the last few years. From painting of field to grass and weeds. Definitely not the PRIDE they did have few years back. We got family and friends that are Albemarle people and we love them to death. So it’s not a knock on them.

Reactions: atucker2
If this were basketball north Stanley would surely win , but it’s not and no way the dogs don’t come home with a victory

Lol $10? Y'all about to get fined if you charge anyone that price
I looked it up, it's $7 at gate, even thru 4th round,. They can't charge $10, let em do it see if they don't get in trouble, it's $7

I usually stand along the Visitors Fence line. Tickets are 7.00 dollars in advance and 10.00 dollars at the gate. Whoever says that North is a second Half Team had better look out. Murphy was up 44 -0 over South Stanly early in the Third Quarter
Nchsaa regulates it I looked up, price at gate in advance period is $7, it's $7 all the way thru 4th round,. They cannot charge $10

Reactions: richfieldfan
I hope NS whoop ya'll tonight....
Sway, as an Albemarle fan I remember how the NS fans would come to the playoff games and set on the visitors side and pull against Albemarle so good luck to them tonight but it will be a cold day in hell before I will pull for them just my thoughts on that. Maybe Buddy Rich will donate 7$ to the cause lol

Sway, as an Albemarle fan I remember how the NS fans would come to the playoff games and set on the visitors side and pull against Albemarle so good luck to them tonight but it will be a cold day in hell before I will pull for them just my thoughts on that. Maybe Buddy Rich will donate 7$ to the cause lol
JS2000 you are 100% right in your statement but I will be surprised if North keeps the score close.Having gone and played at Albemarle I have the same feelings about North that you do. Go Dogs!

Reactions: pollo_loco
That's one thing I always remembered about playing at Albemarle. Not just North Stanley but there were fans from many other schools in your conference setting on the visitors side rooting against you.

Nothing but respect to the blue dogs , " They hate us, cuz they ain't us "

They played Mitchell pretty dirty in 2010. Chop blocks, facemasks, late hits etc... coach didn't bother keeping them under control as long as they were winning.

Reactions: Kevin2346
I think NS can run the ball on the dogs. Our sophmore rb had over 100. I think the bugger question is can NS stop the murphy offense. Murphy will score 5 TDs.

Props to N Stanly on an excellent season, Davis was everything he was professed to be and more, as was Rush, those two young men are ballers. I thought both teams struggled with some penalties as well as some uncharteristic turnovers, but felt the final result was a fair reflection of the two teams.

For the record N Stanly was a fine football team, the most explosive offensive team Murphy has played this year. Defensively not so much.. 'Dogs moved the ball at will, but then again I doubt N Stanly has seen an offense anywhere near as good as Murphy's this season.

Last edited:
I was on the Murphy side tonight. It surprised Me to see North run the ball as successful as They did. Cameron Davis had a good night. I was able to speak to some of the Murphy Fans after the game. Wishing the Murphy Bulldogs good Luck during the rest of the Playoffs

I was on the Murphy side tonight. It surprised Me to see North run the ball as successful as They did.
Murphy not as strong defensively as last year, line play isn't close to what it was last season on either side of the ball. With that said the Murphy offense is nasty and you better have an unbelievable defense to even think about stopping them when they're on their game

TREMENDOUS ball game. Offwnsive firepower all over the field......u want see a better game Saturday or sunday....... Murphy's and the SMC's reputation was built on winning games like this one...Another classic rematch with the East Surry cards Thanksgivng weekend at THE HILL....s

I have to give North credit. They gave Murphy all they wanted and with a few breaks who knows. Cam Davis can play and should have a big senior season.

Teams in Stanly County gotta understand what’s it like to play at a high level. Albemarle was the only and still the best who ever did it hands down. We played against the best and beat the best...

Congrats to Murphy, it’ll be Taboro or West Montgomery in the ship against ya...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT