ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Girls Bracketology 2024 Updated February 12th 2024 12:41pm

As of today top 10 in rpi
1) Mountain Heritage
2) Bishop
3) Cherokee
4) Albemarle
5) East Wilkes

Cherokee and Albemarle are almost dead even from an Rpi standpoint.

Bishop has two good games remaining with TW Andrews and WS Christian that may or may not move them up/down in rankings. They should beat Andrews but WS Christian is a tough match up.

Bishop has two good games remaining with TW Andrews and WS Christian that may or may not move them up/down in rankings. They should beat Andrews but WS Christian is a tough match up.
I’m not sure what either have this year. Two good matchups though to enter playoffs.

Albemarle has Mount Pleasant North Rowan Graystone North Stanly and Mont central to finish up.

UA conference wise has South Stanly (I think) Graystone Mount Pleasant

North Rowan I think still has another game with Salisbury at Albemarle not sure who else.

Top 8 as of today
1) Mtn Heritage
2) Cherokee
3) Bishop
4) Albemarle
5) East Wilkes
6) Thomas Jefferson
7) North Rowan
8) Hiwassee Dam (I think)

2-4 RPI is very close. Also north rowan has not reported as of yet so the win tonight is not showing just yet

NCHSAA still has: (As of this morning at 8:37)
2) Bishop
3) Cherokee

Bishop albemarle and Cherokee will come down to conference tournament games.... Cherokee plays an 11-13 Swain team on Monday then a 20-5 hayesville team Tuesday.
what is albemarle's and Bishop's tournament schedule? Looks like Albemarle will get Mount Pleasant which is about same win percentage as swain... And then Union academy which is better win percentage than hayesville... So I think albemarle will pass Cherokee before its over. Now bishops conference doesn't have anyone with a good win percentage so I think albemarle Cherokee will both pass bishop and it will be 1. Mountain Heritage 2. Albemarle 3. Cherokee 4. Bishop 5. East Wilkes 6. North Rowan(they jumped good beating Salisbury last night so if they beat them again in conference tournament I see them jumping Thomas Jefferson. Which means the braves could have to play them yuck... But hey we would avoid bishop one more round lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Bishop has a bye monday I believe and will play the winner of 10-10 Carver/12-15 Bethany on Wednesday and will more than likely play 13-7 Leadership Academy for the championship Friday.

I don’t think with Bishops SOS they drop to 5.

Definitely could see North Rowan jumping to 6

Honestly I think you see at the end atleast my projection

1) Mtn Heritage
2) Cherokee/Bishop
3) Cherokee/ Bishop
4) Albemarle
5) East Wilkes
6) North Rowan
7) Thomas Jefferson
8) Hiwassee Dam
9) Christ the king
10) Uwharrie Charter

I think the first wildcard will be UA at the 12 or 13 seed whatever it is

Yeah, I don't see Bishop dropping below 3 especially with who they have played and it would be interesting if they dropped below Albemarle especially after destroying them a few weeks ago.

Bishop albemarle and Cherokee will come down to conference tournament games.... Cherokee plays an 11-13 Swain team on Monday then a 20-5 hayesville team Tuesday.
what is albemarle's and Bishop's tournament schedule? Looks like Albemarle will get Mount Pleasant which is about same win percentage as swain... And then Union academy which is better win percentage than hayesville... So I think albemarle will pass Cherokee before its over. Now bishops conference doesn't have anyone with a good win percentage so I think albemarle Cherokee will both pass bishop and it will be 1. Mountain Heritage 2. Albemarle 3. Cherokee 4. Bishop 5. East Wilkes 6. North Rowan(they jumped good beating Salisbury last night so if they beat them again in conference tournament I see them jumping Thomas Jefferson. Which means the braves could have to play them yuck... But hey we would avoid bishop one more round lol
Not so fast my friend, Hayesville has to get by Robbinsville.

Albemarle will play Thursday Vs winner of Graystone and Mount Pleasant

Union academy will play Thursday Vs winner of North and South Stanly

Championship Friday

There’s not been a lot of chat about Mtn Heritage. They used to have more posters. They played 4A Watauga tough both times.

The game I watched TJ, I wasn’t impressed. It’s a shame that N Rowan is likely getting a lower seed than they deserve.

Cherokee’s press has been successful so far. It will be interesting to see how the press would affect teams like Bishop or Mtn Heritage. I see those teams making Cherokee play a more half court game.

I think walking into the week you’re not going to see much move the needle at this point. I do think NR passes TJ for the 6 seed. The big seeds to watch is what happens between that 2-4 seed with Bishop Albemarle and Cherokee. I think the gap between 2 and 1 is too far apart for any of these teams to knock Mtn Heritage off that top line. But I think that movement between 2-4 is up in the air with all 3 really close on RPI.

On the wildcard side I believe that top wildcard spot will be UA imo

But I still believe that it’s about the matchups and the 1a west is a gauntlet I believe there are some sleepers that could make some noise.

Last edited:
What is weird is cherokee won last night but there WP didn't change... It should be listed as 0.956521.... But still says 0.954545 on nchs RPI website

Cherokee boys WP didn't change either with there win last night.... Maybe conference tournaments Dont count towards RPI? And rpi's are set?

Cherokee boys WP didn't change either with there win last night.... Maybe conference tournaments Dont count towards RPI? And rpi's are set?
My understanding is that the rpi don’t lock until Friday night at midnight once all the games were reported

Maybe I was wrong lol

NCHS website says only 24 games count so I think rpi's are set... Also says conference tournaments are considered playoffs so I think RPI dont change anymore. I know they dont lock till Friday but I think they are technically done changing... I took a screenshot of top 10 to see if any movement happens lol

• Haha
NCHS website says only 24 games count so I think rpi's are set... Also says conference tournaments are considered playoffs so I think RPI dont change anymore. I know they dont lock till Friday but I think they are technically done changing... I took a screenshot of top 10 to see if any movement happens lol
I guess we learned something today lol

Clarification yes the rpi will adjust throughout the week. They don’t lock until midnight Friday. That was confirmed. So as of today this is projected to be the top 15 seeds

1) Mtn Heritage
2) Bishop
3) Cherokee
4) Albemarle
5) East Wilkes
6) Thomas Jefferson
7) North Rowan
8) Hiwassee Dam
9) Polk County
10) Christ the King
11) Uwharrie Charter
12) Piedmont Community Charter
13) Union Academy - Top Wildcard
14) North Stokes
15) Rosman

Last edited:
If RPI is still adjusting how come they didn't change when both Cherokee teams won last night?

Maybe since conference tournaments are considered playoffs... NCHS website says they have to report scores to some Dragonfly website thing... Maybe that's why the wins haven't counted yet for Cherokee.

Last edited:
Clarification yes the rpi will adjust throughout the week. They don’t lock until midnight Friday. That was confirmed. So as of today this is projected to be the top 15 seeds

1) Mtn Heritage
2) Bishop
3) Cherokee
4) Albemarle
5) East Wilkes
6) Thomas Jefferson
7) North Rowan
8) Hiwassee Dam
9) Polk County
10) Christ the King
11) Uwharrie Charter
12) Piedmont Community Charter
13) Union Academy - Top Wildcard
14) North Stokes
15) Rosman
If it plays out this way y'all will have to play Union Academy for a fourth time lol

If it plays out this way y'all will have to play Union Academy for a fourth time lol
Yeah lol. Fun times lol. UA is a really good team man it would be a shame for them and us to have to play again for the fourth time reminds me back to the Graystone days when they use to be good

But at the end of the day this format of playoff system is much better than what we used to have.

Reactions: KW23
I think it would be neat to use the ncaa system to do the playoffs. Lol.

Rank everybody 1-64 seed it out too 4 get 1 seeds etc.

UA is probably better than the 6th and 8-12 seeds.
But like you said this version is much better than the old system. I hated the predetermined brackets or when they would seed all 1s, then 2s and so on. I would be fine if they just went off the Maxprep ratings and it didn’t matter if you won your conference or not.

UA is probably better than the 6th and 8-12 seeds.
But like you said this version is much better than the old system. I hated the predetermined brackets or when they would seed all 1s, then 2s and so on. I would be fine if they just went off the Maxprep ratings and it didn’t matter if you won your conference or not.
I agree I think if you won your conference or conference tournament you get an auto bid but seed 1-64. 4 regions 4 1’s,2’s etc.

1) your going to get teams strengthening their schedules not fluffing wins

2) make teams on both sides earn their state ship appearance.

3) would be fun having a true seeding Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT