ADVERTISEMENT

(1A) North Rowan 1-0 @ (2A) Forest Hills 1-0

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
Both teams are coming off big opening week wins. North Rowan 51-10 over East Rowan and Forest Hills over (3A) Ashbrook 55-12. Anyone here on the (1A) boards know much about North Rowan this season? It's been a few years since FH played them.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
NR has been a solid team the last few years making the playoffs. Should be older on varsity and have some real good athletes. They always look good coming off the bus with size and speed. I think they will be a 7-8 win team this year and challenge for the 1A spot in their league.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
NR has been a solid team the last few years making the playoffs. Should be older on varsity and have some real good athletes. They always look good coming off the bus with size and speed. I think they will be a 7-8 win team this year and challenge for the 1A spot in their league.

That's a pretty good assessment. If I remember correctly from last year, they ran a RPO offense. Don't know if that is still the case, but imagine it's the same. QB has a pretty good arm, but not always accurate and they do pass quite a bit for a 1a squad. RB and QB are quick. They didn't mesh very long when I saw them in the playoffs, but didn't have the time to really. Wasn't a great game to judge them on, but a solid squad.

Due to the heat both the Forest Hills Varsity and JV games against North Rowan have been moved back one hour. JV away @ 7pm Thurs. Varsity home @ 8pm Friday. I guess after this past Friday someone thought it might be better to switch times. Not sure if any other schools might do this.

North Rowan is lacking depth this year with only 23 players on varsity, so nutrition might be an issue early on in non-conference schedule. In fact, North Rowan only plays two 1A teams (Thomasville and South Davidson) on their schedule until the playoffs, the rest of their schedule is 2A and 3A teams.

Due to the heat both the Forest Hills Varsity and JV games against North Rowan have been moved back one hour. JV away @ 7pm Thurs. Varsity home @ 8pm Friday. I guess after this past Friday someone thought it might be better to switch times. Not sure if any other schools might do this.
Makes sense since it’s forecasted for a high of 100 degrees on Friday. It sucks I won’t be able to go to the game, due to being out of state for work. Is the game going to be streaming online or on the radio by chance?

Reactions: FHJackets90
The NFHS network will broadcast the game. If it's on the radio it will be WIXE 1190 am/93.1 FM. The station hasn't posted what county school they're covering this week. Since we now have a dozen high schools in Union County WIXE has to split time among more schools. Looking at the schedule FH vs North Rowan could be the game they broadcast. Most of the other County teams are away. If I find out for sure I'll post it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT