ADVERTISEMENT

1A North Carolina state championship game Mitchell Mountaineers vs Tarboro Vikings

Plus we've also played a few quarterbacks like the one that Mitchell has this year although he's going to be better than them I'm pretty sure.
The QB is a real athlete he may not be the fastest but I believe he's surprised some teams how fast he can be and he's harder to bring down then he looks been in the weight room stronger then he was even in the spring but maybe his best strength is he field of vision he's real good at finding sometimes the smallest whole in the line and getting thru it... That said no matter how good wether it's a running QB the RB's their only as good as the lineman blocking for them and this game especially between two running schools as usual it'll come down to who wins the line scrimmage.

From what I’ve seen from the Mitchell QB is it looks like he’s good at making the first person miss if they don’t wrap up. Our guys have been very fundamentally sound all year at wrapping up instead of trying to shoulder tackle - but then again we haven’t had to try and tackle this guy yet.

Last edited:
The QB is a real athlete he may not be the fastest but I believe he's surprised some teams how fast he can be and he's harder to bring down then he looks been in the weight room stronger then he was even in the spring but maybe his best strength is he field of vision he's real good at finding sometimes the smallest whole in the line and getting thru it... That said no matter how good wether it's a running QB the RB's their only as good as the lineman blocking for them and this game especially between two running schools as usual it'll come down to who wins the line scrimmage.
After watching highlights of him last night on highschool OT he's definitely the real deal. He's really hard to bring down and his field vision is great. Plus when he does throw it he can launch he's got a good arm

Man some random stuff. I don’t know anything about Mitchell but I have so much respect for y’all b/c of how humble you guys are and not big headed like some fans in here that hasn’t won anything. Looking forward to a great game! I can’t wait!
Historical we haven't won a state championship just our second Western region to get the big head we've been so close but no cigar so much I believe that makes you more hungry for it then big head. And you definitely have to give respect to Tarboro and their history.
Not that my opinion means anything the coaches on both sides will watch a lot of film and make their game plans but I haven't really watched Tarboro play a little bit in one game, probably will before my NFHS subscription runs out but it's hard enough to predict a game were the teams know about each play every year or at least some of the same teams, but two teams that never met and on different ends of the state pretty much impossible.
I'll probably just stick to winning the line scrimmage don't believe you can win any game without doing that.

I am alot more familiar with Tarboro than Mitchell. I am pulling for Tarboro, but looking at the roster Mitchell might have more veteran players than Tarboro. We will find out Next Saturday.

As far Purple goes. Mitchell will probably dress out in all Purple. Not sure how Tarboro might dress, but maybe in all gold. Hope this turns to great game for both teams.

In the regular season, I expected Mitchell to choke against the green team, they didn’t. In the playoffs I expected them to just get flat out beat by Mt. Airy, they didn’t. Last night I expected them to choke against the SMC yet again, they didn’t. I think I’m onto something. Mitchell is definitely the underdog.

i don’t think Tarboro will ever get to play the underdog roll again for a while but I’d imagine Calpreps, Massey, and Simmons will all have Mitchell projected to win.

In the regular season, I expected Mitchell to choke against the green team, they didn’t. In the playoffs I expected them to just get flat out beat by Mt. Airy, they didn’t. Last night I expected them to choke against the SMC yet again, they didn’t. I think I’m onto something. Mitchell is definitely the underdog.
Our boys played with an intent we hadn't seen all season last night. They are hungry, they are clicking. I have a good feeling about this matchup.

i don’t think Tarboro will ever get to play the underdog roll again for a while but I’d imagine Calpreps, Massey, and Simmons will all have Mitchell projected to win.
Well to be honest I looked at Calpreps and Massey and they do but not by much. I don't know how Simmons and neutral sites will pick. Simmons has picked Tarboro every game while picking MA over Mitchell. The others are algorithms , humans tend to go with traditional powers.

Yes the best blue cheese dip, taters, beans, and barbecue I’ve ever had. I’ve been to Lexington, Memphis and Texas. Ridge wood is by far the best
Sorry, might have been mentioned earlier, but where is Ridgewood?

Well to be honest I looked at Calpreps and Massey and they do but not by much. I don't know how Simmons and neutral sites will pick. Simmons has picked Tarboro every game while picking MA over Mitchell. The others are algorithms , humans tend to go with traditional powers.
I know yesterday in his new ratings he moved Mitchell ahead of Tarboro. He will probably have the spread around 3 or 4 for Mitchell

I know yesterday in his new ratings he moved Mitchell ahead of Tarboro. He will probably have the spread around 3 or 4 for Mitchell
It's fun to talk about, but none of that matters. The bottom line is, Tarboro are champions, Mitchell are wannabes. Hopefully (for us anyway) that gets changed this week, and the Mountaineers can move into that ever elusive club of "champions". I will say, I'm glad to face a class program like Tarboro, instead of some all-star group shouded in controversy. The Vikings are winners, and they carry themselves as such. Now, GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Congratulations to both Tarboro and Mitchell. As fans, y’all have been treated to having a vested interest in every football weekend this season has to offer. What a blessing, no matter which way it turns out. I have enjoyed the posts so far and expect it to remain cordial to game time. Two excellent fan bases.

Small town and smaller Schools can be alot more fun to watch. For example you don't have to go watch big 4A games like Hough vs Chambers to enjoy High School football games. Other than that most Charlotte/Mecklenburg football games fan support isn't that good at all.

From what I’ve seen from the Mitchell QB is it looks like he’s good at making the first person miss if they don’t wrap up. Our guys have been very fundamentally sound all year at wrapping up instead of trying to shoulder tackle - but then again we haven’t had to try and tackle this guy yet.

Y’all are the champs and to be the man you gotta beat the man. Hopefully it’ll be a close game in the 4th quarter.
Sorry, might have been mentioned earlier, but where is Ridgewood?
900 elizabethton hwy bluff city Tn in between Johnson city and Elizabethton on 19e hwy. bunch old lady’s that look like your grandma cook in there. If you don’t get there early you may stand in line for an hour. It’s worth every minute. They smoke it right there I’m salivating as I type

Which is surprising because you would figure they would care more than we do.
After nafta and cafta. We don’t have as much going on as we use to. The reason our stadium is so big is we were a 3a. Lost 2k jobs in less than 6 months after nafta. Football is so important because it gives us hope. I’m sure tarboro is similar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT