ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Tarboro vs #6 Pender Eastern Finals

That game was at swe, we played them two years in a row in Pinetops. 08 they were 3a, 09 they dropped to 2a, that’s why we had to go there two years in a row.
Man I completely forgot about the fact that we played Southwest back to back years at their place lol my bad. So tarboro has only lost four times at home since 2008 lol.

I don’t like to think about those games. We got robbed in ‘09. They stopped us on 4 downs inside the 5 and they had it on camera D-Hop got in the end zone twice and they marked him short.

But it’s okay - they’ve only beaten us once since then.
I wasn't able to make it to the 2009 game but from what I heard when they took the touchdown away from tarboro they were legit afraid that there was going to be a riot on the tarboro side 😂. Plus I heard it was PACKED

Not harping on injuries, but I also wish this Tarboro team didn’t lose 2 of their top 4 RBS/Defenders before the season even started.
I really hated that we lost Jordan and Jerome before the season started. I was really looking forward to seeing that backfield with those two along with Tobias, trevon, jayshun

I wasn't able to make it to the 2009 game but from what I heard when they took the touchdown away from tarboro they were legit afraid that there was going to be a riot on the tarboro side 😂. Plus I heard it was PACKED
There was so many people at those games they had to put the Tarboro band on the hill outside of the perimeter fence of the stadium on Tarboros side.

Also in that ‘09 game probably one of the hardest hits I’ve ever seen in high school happened on the opening kickoff. #9 for Tarboro hit the returner so hard I can still remember seeing the sweat/mist fly up in the air. The stadium was rocking

This thread reminds me of farmers at a country store in winter talking...
Or old people sitting in Hardees every morning talking about prescriptions because they forgot they talked about them yesterday morning...
Dang I wish ER had kept going...
Would have enjoyed meeting you guys...

Or old people sitting in Hardees every morning talking about prescriptions because they forgot they talked about them yesterday morning...
The perfect song to describe this thread would be Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen 😂. But yeah man if you go to tarboro and sit at Bojangles you'll hear all sorts of stories. And maybe next year tarboro and Eastern Randolph can meet

Reactions: thekidd12
No No Kidd...its Bojangles LOL!

Reactions: thekidd12
That 2013 WRH-Tarboro game was cold, me and my buddies still talk about it.

I expect Tarboro to win, but as long as Eanes stays at Pender they are going to have to be dealt with in the playoffs . After he left the first time, they only had 1 NON losing season, 6-6 I believe. It’s coaching folks. The same kids are there every year, with an occasional special group, Kids just need to be coached up and have someone to make in game adjustments as needed.

I love this time of year!!!

I expect Tarboro to win, but as long as Eanes stays at Pender they are going to have to be dealt with in the playoffs . After he left the first time, they only had 1 NON losing season, 6-6 I believe. It’s coaching folks. The same kids are there every year, with an occasional special group, Kids just need to be coached up and have someone to make in game adjustments as needed.

The real concern for this team is the size of their line and the way they wall down defenses for their running backs. On video these linemen are down field blocking The key for them is to control the ball cuz if they let Tarboro play fast they score fast.

What year did you graduate catscratch? I am a 1985 NHHS graduate. My wife is a Tarboro native and THS graduate who introduced me to Tarboro football. I remember the New Hanover - Hoggard games play at Legion stadium back in the day.

We have to make our own conversation since only a few Pender fans are on the board (in any). We used to be able to chat with a couple Edenton fans prior to the regional final but they have mostly moved on to the 2A boards.

I think Pender is very capable of winning this game. They have great size on the offensive and defensive lines. I know one of their better defensive lineman didn't play most of the northside game so he will be a question mark going into this weeks game. Their middle linebacker and free safety are excellent tacklers and make plays all over the field. I think this is going to be a fun game to watch for sure!

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
What year did you graduate catscratch? I am a 1985 NHHS graduate. My wife is a Tarboro native and THS graduate who introduced me to Tarboro football. I remember the New Hanover - Hoggard games play at Legion stadium back in the day.
I graduated in 1982. Played football but baseball was my game. I grew up in the Winter Park area. Have some good friends that graduated in 1984.
You won the lottery by marrying into the Tarboro family!!😀

Last edited:
Reactions: JKVikes
I’ve gone back and forth. I’ve gone from it’ll be a bit closer than last week, to maybe a three or four score game, back to it may be a little closer than last week. Either way, our guys have to come out and bring it
I’ve been going thru the same thing all week. Hope the crowd shows up and does their part.

I’ve gone back and forth. I’ve gone from it’ll be a bit closer than last week, to maybe a three or four score game, back to it may be a little closer than last week. Either way, our guys have to come out and bring it
I feel the same way to tbh. I don't think they'll stop tarboro's offense but can our defense stop theirs?

I feel the same way to tbh. I don't think they'll stop tarboro's offense but can our defense stop theirs?

My question is "how good was Northside?" Have they gotten that much better than last year when we beat them 53-14. I know we are not as strong as last year but Pender was only 6 points better than Northside and allowed them to score 28 points. My 'gut' tells me our defense will slow them down and they will struggle to contain our offense. Quite frankly, I was more worried about Edenton's high scoring offense every year for the last 4 and our D showed up big time in those games. We outscored them a combined 196-41. I like our chances.

My question is "how good was Northside?" Have they gotten that much better than last year when we beat them 53-14. I know we are not as strong as last year but Pender was only 6 points better than Northside and allowed them to score 28 points. My 'gut' tells me our defense will slow them down and they will struggle to contain our offense. Quite frankly, I was more worried about Edenton's high scoring offense every year for the last 4 and our D showed up big time in those games. We outscored them a combined 196-41. I like our chances.
Northside looked pretty good this year I know we absolutely dominated them in the four times that we played them but they looked pretty solid this year. That being said also Pender gave East duplin all they can handle. Edentons offense concerned me to the last 4 years but unfortunately we're not playing them now.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Northside looked pretty good this year I know we absolutely dominated them in the four times that we played them but they looked pretty solid this year. That being said also Pender gave East duplin all they can handle. Edentons offense concerned me to the last 4 years but unfortunately we're not playing them now.
I remember someone posting that the East Duplin game was last minute (maybe same day?) and it took ED until the second half to get their option defense straight. I don't think that game is a good measure.

I remember someone posting that the East Duplin game was last minute (maybe same day?) and it took ED until the second half to get their option defense straight. I don't think that game is a good measure.
Yeah true the fact they pushed them that hard though is impressive. Also the last two weeks they've gone on the road and knocked out two top seeds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT